7.30.2010

Cambria

Moon Stone beach, Cambria

Grant makes contact with a sea squirrel 
Olalliberry Pie (tastes like boysenberry) from Linn's in Cambria
Bomb root beer
Perusing through a random thrift store 
Nitt Witt Ridge in Cambria. Also known as the "Poor Man's Hearst Castle". Bummed that they weren't doing tours anymore!
Turkey vulture

Outfit details: Ivory silk long sleeve shirt with front flaps: thrift store, Black jeans: Levis, Brown boots: Target


On our second day we headed off to Cambria (another quaint town filled with Bed & Breakfasts, cute restaurants, and picturesque views) and ate at Linn's for lunch. Grant and I shared a veggie pot pie (although I had to pick out the chunks of tofu...something about the texture gives me the heeby jeebies!) that came with a side of lumpy mashed potatoes and then we had a slice of olalliberry pie and washed it down with a root beer. It was all super good. 

After lunch we drove to Moon Stone beach and did some 'splorin. It was such a nice day, the sky was bright blue and the ocean was a deep blue. We saw some dolphins and so many squirrels scurrying around the beach steps! I thought it was going to be way colder so I packed quasi-cold weather clothing...I need to consult an accurate 7 Day Forecast weather widget for next time. In any case, what I wore was appropriate since it was still comfortable and we did lots of meandering off the beaten path so those boots were life savers.

One of the highlights of the day was seeing a pack of deer running side by side off the side of the road! So awesome. I knew I said that I'd lump Cambria and Big Sur together on my last post but the areas we visited were so distinct that it makes more sense to separate them again! 

Coming up: Big Sur

Also, don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' or whatevas cleva. While i'm not really new to blogging or  the internet in general (oh hey geocities) this is the first time that I've actually stuck it out with writing updates on a regular basis.  I think i'm doing a pretty good job : D

28 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Looking forward to the Big Sur pictures ;)!
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a wonderful day for you!! :D love the boots and blouse! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what gorgeous picture! and i love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go to Nitwit Ridge!!! I love Cambria. I grew up going to Big Sur every summer!! Its beautiful! Have fun! Oh and I love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pics are perfect. so is your outfit...oooohhhhh big sur!!! can't wait!!

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so cute! i love the simplicity of this white shirt and black jeans, looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures. You look so happy and cute. I simply love your hair and buttoned up shirt :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the help on the film camera! I will definitely look into the one you mention.
    I love the pictures! Looks like you are having a lovely vacation.

    http://quieteyeshaley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable pictures!
    i love your outfit
    especially your boots

    thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)
    http://vintageaurora.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures! I love your shoes!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos!
    I'm stunned.

    WORLDWIDE VINTAGE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a nice place over there. I'm crazy about the boots!
    And you're such a pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you used the word "Bomb", LOL.
    And you are so skinny, I'm so jealous. You have the perfect body for those skinny jeans and booties !<3

    xoxo
    TheFashSociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pics are STUNNNNNNNNNNNING! Love the colors and it looks like you had a total blast! Love your blog..it's fantastic! Can't believe it's August tommorow! WOW!
    xo The Beckerman Girls

    http://BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you SO much for your kind comment! I floss my teeth waaaaay too much !

    let's follow each other? :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi :D it's my first time visiting your blog :) amazing views and great pics :D
    have a nice day!
    btw follow you! follow me too? :)
    kisses
    DaisyLine from http://daisyline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pie looks deeeeelishh!! Looks like you're having a pretty fun adventure in these pics x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! I absolutely ADORE this outfit. It's perfection. The shirt is soo perfect, exactly what I've been seraching for a loooong time. I hate that all the perfect shirts are vintage or from thrift stores :( However, i just stumbled upon your blog and I must say it's supergreat. Can't wait to start following you! You have such a great sense of style!

    xoxo,
    fleurette

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed your beach photos-especially all the little critters. Nitt Witt Ridge also looks creepy in a good way and oh so fun to explore :)

    Neat adventure!

    B from A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like such a fun trip! My boyfriend and I recently took a similar trip (mostly to camp in Big Sur) which was SO much fun - I love that area.

    becomingunfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like so much fun! Love your shots, they're great :) And yay, Orange County ftw!

    http://teenyfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look fab in that white top! And that pie looks truly spectacular.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Yours is fab; I can't wait for more.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These photos are so gorgeous. I love your outfit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous pictures <3 loving your blog, have followed you :)

    love,vdcouture

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like it was a fantastic trip, I am well jealous! And Moon Stone beach is such a great name, you could set a mystery, a romance, or a classic there! You look great as usual, and I especially love your boots. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your outfit looks awesome. So does that pie. And that house! Looooove it!

    What is the creature in the fifth (I think) photo?? Haha.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(