7.11.2010

The Edge of Love



So I watched The Edge of Love the other night which is a biopic about Welsh poet Dylan Thomas starring Kiera Knightley, Sienna Miller, and Cillian Murphy.  The movie was kind of all over the place but something must be said for the costuming and styling. Granted, the whole movie does kind of look like a two hour video look book for Anthropologie (not even hating since I love that store) but it was filled with lots of layering (chunky knits over floaty floral dresses), thick knee high socks worn with Wellies (a lot of the movie took place on the coast of Wales, so this was appropriate), and really glam 1940s outfits. Seeing the hair in this movie makes me want to chop mine off to shoulder length so I can get those waves.

Anyway, a great movie to watch for style inspiration (especially for fall!) even if the acting is a bit iffy.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'll check out the movie, but based on these stills alone: I need these clothes in my life. Immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. HOW AMAZING IS THAT MOVIE?!?!?!?! LOOOOVE!!


    btw, thank you for stopping by my blog! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this movie after I saw it posted as inspiration on other blogs :)

    The plot was not really my type but the clothes were pretty excellent. I especially liked all their chunky sweaters.

    B from A plus B

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(