7.16.2010

The Observatory

LA skyline via an observation deck 
A Foucault Pendulum 
Space wall! I love pictures of space.
Trying to get the city lights behind us and failing miserably.
At the observatory they had this corridor that was lined with celestial style brooches (stars, suns, moons, planets, etc). So unexpected and playful!
 
Glittery
Okay so this is an admittedly terrible quality picture, but no joke this is what the moon looked like that night! It was bright red and I watched it set behind the Hollywood Hills!
A model of the moon inside the observatory.



If you're in LA, head on up to the Griffith Observatory! It's near Los Feliz and the Greek Theater and the best part is that it's totally free! Parking is kind of a hassle though, just make sure not to go on a night when there is something happening at the Greek. I can't wait to go back!

7 comments:

  1. culver city park also has nice views of downtown, it's closer to me and less traffic. the observatory does rule. sick skate spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are awesome and i'm loving the view and the red moon :)

    by the way, i just checked out your etsy shop and i'm in love! now i'm just angry i started up my one-month long shopping ban.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos!!
    The celestial jewelry and things are really pretty!

    Nice blog!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thank you for commenting on our blog! So you're Filipino? That's cool. Definitely just shoot us an e-mail if you want to know about certain places to visit and how to get there!

    The observatory looks seriously cool. There is always something kind of mysterious and magical about outer space. :)

    Also your etsy shop has really nice stuff!

    B from A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing shot! I would love to head up to the observatory if I'm ever in town. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those skyline photos. Magical.

    So glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment, Ashley, as it led me to yours :)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(