8.01.2010

Big Sur MEGA POST

Hey! My name (+ley)
I was so scared my camera would fall over into the creek!
Grant reppin TOY MACHINE
Yucca


Ahh! So many pictures! The first group of pictures were taken at Julia Pfeiffer Burns state park off the 1 in Big Sur. Driving up the 1 towards Big Sur is pure magic, honestly.  Panoramic vistas of the Pacific Ocean the whole way with views of forest and wild flowers along the rolling hill side.  The views are so dramatic since your basically driving along a precipice with the ocean below. The waters were glowing turquoise when we went and the smell of pine mingled with the ocean air and wild flowers was unbelievable. I think I even remarked that Big Sur had the nicest smelling air...ever.

Anyway, to get to JPB you just park along the 1 and walk right into the park. The walk is pretty short and once you walk into the tunnel you're rewarded with one of the most beautiful views in California. The view is of a a beach with a waterfall right on it. Grant noted that the sea birds there have it pretty sweet since all they have to do is stand under the waterfall and wait for fish to drop down.

After we got into the car we drove more into Big Sur and randomly decided to stop at a rest point that had gift shops and a restaurant to see if they had any cool trinkets. They didn't (unless tye-dye is your thing...). In any case it didn't matter because we quickly noticed a stream beyond the thicket of forest and what would do you know there were deck chairs set into the stream for people to hang out at! So amazing. We quickly kicked off our shoes and let our feet soak in the cold mountain water.  People were just hanging out and reading under the golden, dappled light and just the whole scene was so neat. What a find!

Up next: More Cayucos and the Paso Robles' Mid State Fair (lots of pretty night time carnival pictures...i'm such a sucker for pretty lights at night!)

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' or whatever tickles your pickle. Still up for link exchanges, too!

29 comments:

  1. Aw I love Big Sur so much! I live so close, but I rarely go! You've inspired me to get there ASAP! :)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such awesome shots!

    Just came across your blog. It is lovely!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...
    i love your pictures :)!

    http://blogwbutach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are stunning. Definitely something I want to do in my lifetime. Keep those pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are amazing pictures. amazing!! you have inspired my bitch ass to get up there this summer/early fall. it is a must-see and i need to make it happen!!

    absolutely love those pictures of you and the bf in the creek. adorable!!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. these pictures are stunning!
    that beach with the waterfall is breathtaking

    thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)
    http://vintageaurora.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow these pics are really pretty!
    makes me wana go there too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty there!!!! Someday I will have to make it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photos! I would love to visit that creek with the chairs. So cool!

    http://quieteyeshaley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing photos.. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love photos! Makes me want to go on vacation!

    http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous venue!! I want to sit in a chair in the water like that, so relaxing!



    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW beautiful pictures! Those socks are hilarious! Thanks so much for your comment and I would love to come back to CA! I just might! :)

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway before it's too late!

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much for following... I am following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. these pictures are so lovely! you are so gorgeous!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for linking me. I added you to my daily reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your post brought back so many memories of my recent Big Sur trip! I am so in love with that place it's ridiculous. I need to plan another trip there asap.

    becomingunfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this looks like such a fun adventure! and you look gorgeous x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Big Sur...how beautiful! Did you guys go to the Big Sur Bakery? I've always wanted to go there...it seems like an amazing place to eat (its not really a bakery, more a cafe).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photos! Looks like it was a really epic drive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Ashley! It looks like a really spectacular trip, and what a beautiful little cove! Those chairs in the stream are pretty awesome too... I love finding random things like that. I bet the water was freezing though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow this pics are awespme! stunning views :)
    thaks for the lovely comment!
    have a nice day!
    kisses
    DaisyLine from http://daisyline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely cove! And beautiful pictures to match!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog dear!

    xxoo,
    Amber Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! that is insane! You're so lucky! Any other recommendations for artists like him? He blows my mind. You should take a picture of you in the shirt and post it for me! :) I'll feature you fo sho!

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look at this place.. gorgeous!! The views are spectacular and the chairs in the water are so adorable. What a place!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos! I just came across your lovely blog and will visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahh, those places look so gorgeous! I would love to drive up and down the coast of California! I'm so glad you're sharing all of these photos with us. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh and once I get my blog layout all done I would love to exchange links with ya!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(