8.25.2010

Wagon Wheel

Outfit details: Dark blue corduroy jumper: Old Navy, cream flutter sleeve blouse: Sale Urban Outfitters, Scarf: thrift store, brown lace up ankle boots: thrift store

The photo coloring is all over the place in this post. I couldn't decide between warm and grainy (sounds wrong) or clear. On the whole, I prefer clearer but vivid color photographs...washed out photos are cool once in a while but can get old fast (at least in my opinion).

Also, feast your eyes on a tiny sliver of my LA apartment! I'm moving back to Orange County in 2 weeks so I have to make the most of it while I can.


Moving on...


 

( Alexa Chung, leather jacket from Isabel Marant)

A few thoughts:  Alexa is getting it right. Love how she looks unfussy and casual but still very put together. I also love that she is wearing flats. I actually don't like (most) high heels and rarely wear them. I think the tallest shoes I own have like a 2.5 inch heel which is minuscule by today's  heel standards of upwards of 6" (no thank you). Concerning the jacket, I like the cut and the epaulettes but I think what I really like is how it is paired with a chambray button up underneath! 


I leave you with a picture of me sitting on a concrete bench outside of my linguistic anthropology class, wondering if I have enough change to buy a KitKat bar:

27 comments:

  1. wagon wheel by old crow medicine show is my ALL time favorite song. I love the jumper look with the boots, its really sweet but somehow not childish.
    your kit kat contemplation face is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so beautiful and remind me of my friend in california.
    love your blog and those thrift store boots too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Wagon Wheel! Great boots, and I've been playing around with editing my photos too! :)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome. i like the textures of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ankle boots are seriously cute! i love the color and the worn look of them...must be super comfy too! alexa chung is my hero :)

    http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look a lot like myleene klass (giant compliment) . love the dress!
    i prefer the clear photos
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you. You GOT style girl.

    And you need a Lookbook such I can hype that :)

    xx Chloé - lapenderiedechloé*

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome super cute outfit <3 and i loveeee the furniture at your house :)

    love,vdcouture

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute! Especially the scarf around your neck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic outfit! Love the pixie boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute boots! i love that corner in your apartment. that chair is awesome. so retro.

    _
    kaitlyn
    thehypermanikin

    ReplyDelete
  12. These boots are a great thrift find! And they add the finishing touch on an absolutely adorable outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooohhh i have this picture of alexa in my folder as well! i love how casual yet put-together she looks!

    and both the warm and vivid pictures look equally good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute outfit! I used to live in LA too and moved back to Orange County! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome boots! Really cute blog too. You are really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the scarf you're wearing looks really nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wanna move to California so we can be bffs foreva. I know, "forever" is in "bff". Whatever.

    I totally agree that washed out photos can look good once in a while, but they TOTALLY get old! Ugh. Some people just don't get that. But oh welllllllll.

    I hope you had enough for a kit kat. Ask some people if they have a spare quarter. I did that in high school and I ended up making a friend out of it, ha! I just wanted some crispy m&ms. Mmm. (I'm pretty sure I had change in my locker, but I just didn't want to open it. So lazy...)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oo, I love your shoes. You have such great thrifting skills. (The only things I've successfully thrifted is a really, really fabulous coat...its blue with a sort of Thai-inspired design in orange and purple)...

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute dress! love the shoes too

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your boots are deservedly getting a lot of love, so I'm going to share it with the scarf and side braid (I have some major braid envy of you and my sister). And how come you're leaving LA? I thought you went to school there?
    P.S. Mexican buildings are yes, great when they're painted. But wait until I post a picture of my monstrosity of a building one of these day! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the outfit and your place looks adorable!
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(