9.29.2010

Lace face


Outfit details: Nude lace full slip: thrifted, black lace trapeze dress: thrifted, black faux lizard skinny belt BUY IT FROM ME HERE, black flats: Target


loves it

Outfit details: lace drop waist, eggplant flapper style dress: thrifted (I think it's from the 80s), white leather oxfords (aka jazz shoes): thrifted

Two lace outfits within a span of 3 days? Kind of crazy since I hardly ever break out such finery but I suppose you never know when the mood may strike. The dress in the first outfit is so great because of the way it tents out; when you belt it the skirt gets really swingy and its fun to sashay around town and by town I mean The Spectrum and by sashay I mean walk into a movie theater to see Easy A with what seems like the incoming freshman class of every high school within a 10 mile radius of where I live.

The second outfit is from when my family and I went out to Houston's to celebrate my birth! Pictured is Grant, my mom, and Lola (my grandma!). I don't eat red meat anymore but Houston's, surprisingly, has a very good veggie burger (which is what I ordered...wish a side of mashed potatoes). They make the patties themselves in house and something also weird about Houston's is that there is a sushi bar inside. For those of you not familiar, Houston's is a steak house so why they would offer sushi when you could go someplace way better...it's beyond me. 


Guess who updates their Etsy store all the time? THAT'S RIGHT...THIS GIRL! Check it out on the right, I'm still having that mega sale so take a look!




33 comments:

  1. Loving the lace! Going to go and check out your Etsy shop right now!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've been to that restaurant, do they have insanely good shoe string fries? Happy birthday again! Lace is really popular right now, but there's something about it that screams "ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!" haha, its so festive and wonderful.
    I love the flapper style 80's dress. It reminds me of Andy from Pretty in Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lace and these dresses are gorgeous. I love the mixture of black and white lace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that first dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress SO much. Lace is just divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lace is my favorite thing to wear, and you look absolutely darling in it. Then again, you are just a gorgeous, gorgeous gal!

    I laughed when I read your comment about going to see Easy A. Silly freshmen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lace dress is gorgeous and that photo with the light shining up in your face is super creepy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the lace. really like how you can create such different looks with just the belt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love first dress! It reminds me about southern Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great sense of fashion! check out my new posts! and follow if you please! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layers of lace <33 So pretty! I'm a new follower, so glad I came across your lovely blog... xoxo from France <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that lace is absolutely perfect! you look incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that dress is so beautiful! for real!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the lace, especially the first dress! I can see where you get your beauty from too! Also, sushi at a steak house sounds a wee bit suspicious haha! ;)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love the black lace! It looks so perfect on you. You look gorgeous girl :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh happy belated birthday - I hope you had a wonderful time :)

    I love the all lace outfits, I think they look gorgeous on you so why not!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that lace dress is so gorgeous! and those black shoes are to die for!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so pretty. Where does Your family come from?
    The first derss is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm shopping from you this weekend! Love your eye for all things thrifted. You inspire me to thrift : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like both of the black lace dresses. I have one that is held up by straps and has a drop waist (not as low as yours though). They're both gorgeous and look really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ummmmmmmm these outfits are AMAZING. I seriously want to raid your closet, ha. I want to buy pretty much everything in your Etsy store but I have no $$ UGHHH WHY IS IT IS HARD TO GET A JOB. Once I find one (and like it enough to KEEP WORKING) then you will be so happy because you will log on to Etsy one day and see that pretty much EVERYTHING in your store was sold to one Holly Crawford.

    ReplyDelete
  23. amazing lace looks :) youre gorgeous girl!!

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVEEEE the lace looks!
    so cute!


    xoxo
    b
    engagedtobengaged.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. The lace is so, so pretty.
    Thank you for your comment, dear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving the lace!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the lace, you find the greatest places for you photo shoots, it seems you are always "on the road"

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(