10.30.2010

BRAINWASH: Palm Springs

On Thursday, Grant and I drove out to Palm Springs to check out Toy Machine's new promo, BRAINWASH (for the second time!) that was being held at the Ace Hotel. Since I'd never been to Palm Springs combined with the fact that I've been wanting to  to stay at this hotel for sometime, we figured we might as well get a room and enjoy all that the desert had to offer for our daycation.


Photobucket
Surprise!!! Grant made me drive to Palm Springs (much to my chagrin) but we made it there in one piece.

Photobucket
The land of a thousand windmills

Photobucket
So maybe I borrowed a skirt from my ETSY store to traipse around in?

Photobucket
The Ace Hotel was super neat and reasonably priced. I'd recommend staying here if you're ever venturing out into the desert.

Photobucket
The biggest bed ever

Photobucket
Rooms come with walking sticks and some sort of Shepard-chic blanket which Grant modeled

Photobucket
Don't try to steal anything from the room or you just might end up paying $50 for a rock (our room wasn't cool enough to get a crystal)

Photobucket
Sippin' on an Arnold Palmer

Photobucket
A view of part of the grounds

Photobucket


Photobucket
Desert sunsets are very nice

Photobucket
Outfit change! I think i've posted this outfit before but tough stuff! In the real world people re-wear outfits all the time, and since i'm a part of the real world this is to be expected. Also: everything is thrifted.

Photobucket
We got our grub on at NATIVE FOODS, I got a vegan pizza and Grant got the Oklahoma City burger (the fried dill pickles are the best!)

Photobucket
Finally it was time to head on over to the "commune" to see the premier. Kevin's name was  on the marquee but he was nowhere to be found! KEVIN!!

Photobucket
Lot's of hollerin' and people going crazy for local Palm Springs skate spots that were being featured.  A much mellower scene than the premier in Long Beach for sure.

Photobucket
Afterward, things got weird. Grant took this photo.

Photobucket
The three pals! Tanner (innocent until proven guilty), Grant, and Johnny

Not pictured: lurking on weird hotel room happenings, hot tubbin', photobooth shenanigans, M&M munching,  you know the usual

The next day...
Photobucket
Hanging out in downtown Palm Springs

Photobucket
We had breakfast at a place called Cheeky's. It was SO.GOOD. Cheap and delicious (dare I say gourmet?!). Grant's breakfast was prettier than mine so I took a picture of it. He had the french toast with baked apples and cinnamon cream cheese and I had the custard eggs, maple sage sausage, and a cheddar scone.

Photobucket
S'long Palm Springs! I hope I come back soon :)

28 comments:

  1. I thing it was a great trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I never know where to begin with your posts, there's so much going on. But I'll say that that hotel looks awesome, I'd love to go to the desert, and I love your little repeat dress and cardy number. Also, that sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it must be great!!
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Grant Have Any Tricks In The Video? Bonus Features?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun!!! The blanket and walking stick are really funny. I would love to make it out there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My trips to Palm Springs have never been quite as enjoyable, only dying in the heat, but this looks like a great time! lol to Grant with the walking stick and blanket. You look cute, as usual. :)
    and yay to Native Foods!
    Oh and by the way, my costume only confirms my nerdiness. I'm going to be Misty from pokemon. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my freaking gosh. I now desperately want to take a fabulous road trip in California. Perhaps the same exact road trip as you and your awesome boyfriend. LOL!

    I love these photos! The motel looks so fun and the scenery is just gorgeous. All your outfits are amazing (OF COURSE!) and you are so stunning in these photos (OF COURSE!). Hehe. I'm glad you had a great trip. xoxo

    PS. I'm reading this right before lunch and my stomach is seriously growling at all this deliciousness in the photos. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. that hotel looks completely awesome! the desert is such a different place to spend a day in autumn, I'm kind of jealous. It looks like fun. :) Plus you look really stylish as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey anonymous: Grant has a part in the bonus section (which neither of us has seen yet) that is confirmed to be "really sick" by several members of the team ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmm I think i might be a little jealous, just a tiny bit, okay maybe a lot. I need a vacation, pronto! hahaha I love the pictures, specially the 1 in the car, looks so spontaneous <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no reson to be jealous about fall view. :))))) Nice colors is the only positive side of polish fall. Most of autumn days (in my region)is windy, cold, rainy. There is not to many opportunitys to make nice photos. :)))
    But it is all because of changes of climat. When I was a child every fall was warm and "gold". :) I miss that. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like so much fun! I love all your outfits, especially the all-thrifted one. (: I love that last picture especially. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never know where to start--

    1. Incredible photos-- as always.
    2. Palm Springs must have been incredible!!!
    3. I'm glad you had such a grand time!
    4. You are an absolute doll.

    and 5. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My aunt and uncle just bought a studio down there! I'm so excited to visit now... I'd sort of written it off as a goofy resort town for old people, but it looks pretty fun! Beautiful pictures :)

    Sophi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Following via Bloglovin and friend connect!
    Just stumbled across your blog and I love it already. I'm just starting out myself but we'll see how I go. Beautiful photos :)
    http://charlotte-berry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like fun times! really liking the skirt your wearing in the 3rd pic

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a wonderful place!! i'd love to go to the desert too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was just in Palm Springs a week ago for a bachelorette shindig. How weird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhhhhh I want to go there. The hotel looks so beautiful (and I love the photo of Grant all dressed up, ha.) and beautiful view. And some of the rooms have crystals? AWESOME. And all of your food looks DELICIOUS. Mmm. And deep fried pickles are SO good. Try dipping them in ranch dressing. Mmm.

    Okay, if I ever go to California (I should say WHEN I go) I'm just going to get you to write me a GIANT list of places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks like such a fun trip!!! And Ace hotels are so cool..

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(