10.04.2010

bumpkin batch

"fairy tale pumpkins"
trip out
Donald looks different

A few days ago, as Grant and I drove home from the Levi's store, I saw that this pumpkin patch by my house was open. It was around 8:30 so we decided to look around and I will say that it's the coolest patch I've been to by far. First off, the lighting is just really cool. When you drive by the whole patch is  illuminated by rows and rows of hanging white lights--the lights kinda draw you in like moths to a flame. When we were there there were like 3 other people milling around and this patch is big so the over all effect was a bit eerie but also almost cinematic. They had these bubble machines every few hundred feet and the bubbles floating up against the white lights and pumpkins was a pretty sight (and I am obviously a sucker for anything remotely whimsical). Oh and "Under the Milky Way Tonight" by The Church was playing over the loud speakers= x100 awesome points. Anyway the place had old timey coin operated rides for little kids, rustic punching bags (weird), moon bounces, an "Indian village", a petting zoo, and a Halloween maze. I need to go back and by some gourds and ghost pumpkins!

In other news, to my horror, I woke up this morning with the inklings of a sore throat. Now, at almost 9 PM it's safe to say I have one. UGH! To add insult to injury, I have a bad habit of refusing to wait for food to cool before I eat it (in this case, pizza from Costco) so now my mouth is in ribbons. After I write this post I plan on making some earl gray, grabbing a cookie, and settling down with Season 4 of 30 Rock (which is now on Netflix instant play). Kenneth the Page is just what the doctor ordered.

29 comments:

  1. I lalala love 30 Rock. Also, where is this pumpkin patch? Looks lovely. I live in Southern California, so I might want to make my way over there. :) I'm following your blog by the way! Follow me too!

    hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so fun , and here i am reading your post in the office , working sucks wish i am out like you having a blast

    anyway i hope you're feeling way better by now drink more water

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay. i'm going to drive by the pumpkin patch in my neighborhood tomorrow and see if this is the one. if it is, i will let you know. crazy!

    ps-love your printed skirt and moto jacket. adorable!!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you are feeling ok!!!! and these pictures are ridiculously fun :) as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool piks. :)
    I will ask again. :) Do You know something about Your Polish roots? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun! These pics are awesome!

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe! looks like you 2 had some fun! i love these pictures!! i love all of your pictures!! it's always fun to document things!!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ps. feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your pics!!!!! i cant wait to go to the pumpkin patch!

    xoxo
    b

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pumpkin patches! And I hope your throat feels better! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. this might be the coolest pumpkin patch ever! i love the lights it looks quite eerie - and bubble machines!? how fun!!

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this makes me so jealous because this looks just so much fun.. and looks great for pics!!
    hope you feel better soon !! take care!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow pumpkin season already huh? So fast! Love these pics and the tipi pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Kenneth... ;)! That pumpkin patch is seriously epic! I wish the patches in my town were even half as cool! I'm so excited to carve pumpkins now! :)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way it's all lit up. And you two look like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pavlinsky sound more like Russian surname. But it can be Polish (from East) because of "sky" (in my language it is "ski") ending.
    Anyway it is nice to know that we might have something in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. those pumpkins are amazing. i would buy a bazillion of them. and some white ones. i love those kind as well! and you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. okay i live in lb...is this on pch? i might pee my pants laughing if it is. the other night i was out in seal for tea and totally scanned the street looking for you. no jokes! hehe

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This place looks amazing!!
    Why are there not places like this around near my house!!
    Rianna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch! :) It's going to be SOOO FUN! Your pictures look great :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha that photo of Grant riding Donald Duck is hilarious.

    That looks like such an awesome pumpkin patch. Looks like a lot of fun. And what cute baby goats.

    Sometimes it's just so hard to wait for food to cool down. Ugh. Haha! Hope that you feel better soon! Drink lots of tea with honey.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(