10.23.2010

Seaside Shenanigans

Photobucket

First and foremost, I have to say how excited I was to find these Swedish Hasbeens dead ringers only to realize that they were totally NOT my size. To add insult to injury, they are marked as a size 8.5 (which is my shoe size) but vintage sizing being what it is, they really fit size 6.5-7 foot. Bummed. I'm selling them though! If you're interested check 'em out HERE


Moving on...
Photobucket
A beautiful steely gray day in Laguna Beach. Natalie and I decided to spend our afternoon eating Italian food by the sea, window shopping, and eating more food.

Photobucket
Such a cool chandelier huh? If I had the know how I would try to DIY this

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
A bitty birdy at Tuvalu (where the above detail shots are from). It's basically a nautical themed Anthropologie aka paradise.

Photobucket
Derp derp.  Wearing a cable knit sweater (thrifted) and trying on a green hat. I really liked how it was a bit larger and more mannish then the usual hat.

Photobucket
Trying on a ridiculous claw ring. Sorry to say that only .001% of the population could ever pull this off, me not included ;)

Photobucket
Natalie broke out the vintage D&B and of course I had to take a photo.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
We ended the day by going to Scandia Bakery and everything look so good! I got the above raspberry tart and a snickerdoodle.

Photobucket


However, the most important message of today's post: 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!!
Photobucket
Today, the 23rd is his actual birthday (the big 2-4) but last night we went out with my family to our favorite Japanese restaurant Ayame to celebrate!

Photobucket
Daww!! On an unrelated note, aren't flash pictures such a trip to see on ~fashion~ blogs? No artistic lighting or coloring but there were big smiles all around :D

24 comments:

  1. happy birthday to Grant!
    ps. the Nine soundtrack is so amazing. In A Very Unusual Way and Cinema Italiano is on repeat all the time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that hat looked fab on you, and what a pretty picture of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're really beautiful.... love your cardigan :)

    Laurette

    www.chezlaure.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! Your outfit is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sweedish hasbeen-alikes...how dare you post something in my size when I told you I'm not buying any more! ; )

    Glad you saw some whale paraphernalia on your beach trip, and everything looks super-cool, except maybe the weather. Am left craving a raspberry tart. Pass on my Happy Birthdays to Grant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that cardigan, cable knits are so comforting and cuddly :)


    x amie
    heartbeats, intimidation

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to ask: where is Natalie? :)))
    She has a great bag :) I love color if it. :)
    I love Your Californian photos. I dream to visit California. Maybe someday...
    I wish "happy birthday" to Grant :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh the beach !!! :))

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day! Love the shopping photos :)

    Happy bday to your man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage bag and all your photographies , i will come back in your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that bakery! so good ^.^
    and I hope you bought that hat, it looks so good on you!
    oh and happy birthday to Grant!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys look great, flash and all:) Also, love those whale boxes, and the pastries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw happy birthday to grant! Thanks for trying to explain the linky thing on my blog lol! I am having a give away on my latest post...it for one of my most favorite magazines that is produced in Toronto, Canada! You should enter, I think you would like it :)

    http://fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com/2010/10/giveaway-hopelessly-devoted-to-worn.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww how beautiful you two are. love the last photo. happy birthday to Grant!!! I love all the whale stuff. They look so pretty!

    Let me know if you figure out that painting of the girl that you think I look like. that's crazy!

    As for your clothes you're selling - yeah they are far too big for me :( I'm a 33 bust and 25.5 waist. eek.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to Grant! and your pictures in Laguna are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, fruit tart is my all time favorite dessert. I want to serve it in lieu of cake at my wedding. Sooo good. Um, back to clothes, those hats with wider brims are so much more mysterious and chic-looking than the standard brim. It looks great on you!
    Sophi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love every single photograph! It reflects such happiness. Love the ring and chandelier and those strawberries just made me hungry!
    Very Beautiful :)

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  18. has beens for me? boo, i'm a size 7 1/2-8... :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super fun day! You are gorgeous! I wonder what is the temperature over there since you girls could still hit the beach? We are freezing here in the east lol I want beaches already! Awhhh... those desserts just got me drooling here lol

    Have a super fun day! (:

    Sanny's Head to Heart

    ReplyDelete
  20. vintage D&B! jealous!! these pictures are great -

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday to your guy. You two make a very good couple. First I've heard of a snickerdoodle, love that name.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday to Grant! wish him all greatest things in universe. Anyway you look so pretty on the last photo. Me love it. :)


    thanks for dropping by at my blog by the way..



    Flickering Moonlight

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, none of the photos will work for me! Bummer. But eating Italian food by the sea sounds like a perfect afternoon. Ah. Jealous. Hope Grant had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing bag and fab photos. What an inspiring selection. Awesome blog!

    http://redumbrellachronicles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(