10.26.2010

This is Halloween...2009 edition

Halloween is at the end of the week and I.AM.PUMPED. I don't care how old I get, I will dress up every year no matter what. This year, if all goes according to plan, I'm going to go as Prince since I have sort of an obsession with him. True fact.

Anyway, here are a few photos from last year's Halloween. I was a chola and its been, by far,  my favorite costume to date. My only regret is that I didn't starch by Dickies to get the creases just right. Sad times for Sad Girl.

Below: one of my most favorite pictures ever. By Deanna Templeton
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hey hey, Deanna, Grant, and I at a Toy Machine demo last Halloween. Grant is clearly an old timey boxer.
Photobucket
Face off. What you don't see is the razor blades expertly tucked into my bandanna. Kidding.

Photobucket
Or am I?
Photobucket

Still need to carve some pumpkins this week. Too bad I don't have the finger strength to do a great job when it comes to the actual carving part =/

EXTRA CREDIT:


If you're still unsure of what a chola is, watch this segment from the quintessential movie on the matter, Mi Vida Loca. In fact, you can watch the movie on YouTube, it's done in several parts. I give it an A+

21 comments:

  1. that's a great costume!!! can't wait to see this years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lip liner and the neck tattoo! ~classic chola look~ :] what are you going to be this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first shot is a beautiful beautiful shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great costume! and by the time you do start feeling too old, your friends (or you perhaps) will have kids that will give you an excuse to dress up all over again

    stopmakingsense

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! You look great!!! :) So I can't wait for Your Prince look.
    I don't like Halloween. But just because it is not polish custom. However many people from my country is trying to make it polish. I thing this attempt is artificial. Sad is that the Poles are forgeting about their old and great customs and they thing that " foreign" are better.
    I'm suer that Halloween can be great, but in US. :)
    Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, chola was a new word for me, but I got the general intent of your costume! Love Grant's boxer get-up...

    Aaaaand, the stuff arrived. I'm currently about a million degrees warmer than usual, curled up in my awesome yellow sweater! Gracias guapa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures are great. I can't wait to see the Prince costume.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make an epic chola! Halloween is my favorite holiday too! Candy and costumes... yes please!!! You definitely look like you're going kick Grant's behind in that one shot! Can't wait to see this year's masterpiece! :)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! I love that you are a chola. This post cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first photo!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment :) I hope you stop by again soon.

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures..U look stunning in the first pic..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. My favourite look is the chola look as well, i don't know maybe coz i am latina haha. whats funny is that some of my girls and i are going shopping this friday to stock up on some dickies, so typical :P

    Anyways mami you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. right on! and u pulled it off looking great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so funny! Last year I was Frida and this year my husband and I plan on being a cholo and chola. Great minds think alike ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see what your Prince costume looks like:) I love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha I love these photos of you guys. I'm going to watch that movie later on today! And oh man, I cannot WAIT to see you as Prince. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(