11.12.2010

Blue Jean Baby

Photobucket

Photobucket
I don't know why I'm making such an "O RLY" face but whatever. An outfit with pants and as always I am wearing those black jeggings. I swear I have other pairs of pants!


Details: Jean jacket: Levi's thrifted, gray henley: Target, Jeggings: Target, american flag Converse: Ebay, bandanna: thrifted

Photobucket
These shoes make great conversation starters.

In other news...

Photobucket

I went to my first estate sale today. Grant came with and we started the day off with giant cinnamon rolls at Polly's and then drove and drove to find a sale allegedly going on inside "Leisure World" which is a huge retirement community near where I live. We couldn't find it so we drove to Mission Viejo and successfully found the second sale. Not gonna lie, it's pretty creepy to be rifling through some dead person's stuff. However, this lady (who was 90s years old) had exceptional taste. I only managed to nab two things, this amazing vintage collar (which is up for grabs at my store) and a navy blue Mexican embroidered dress which I'll probably keep.  Also, Grant brought up the point that a lot of the people who frequent estate sales are usually so old and snappy--what's up with that? Thoughts?

And finally...


Photobucket

From two years ago when I tragically made the mistake of cutting my hair super short. Would have been cute if the lady didn't give me a bowl cut. Cute on Karen O. but for lesser mortals not so much. Photo by Grant

Also, has anyone ever tried the gluten free/ vegan/ blablabla soft snickerdoodle cookies from Trader Joes? They are so good!!

27 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I need those chucks in my life and your outfit also reminds me that I need to look for a good denim jacket as well.

    That collar is seriously gorgeous! If I wasn't broke as a joke, I'd probably be whipping out my credit card right this second.

    I also made the mistake of cutting my hair in February of this year. It's been 9 months so I'm finally comfortable, but I definitely wasn't able to pull off an Alexa Chung shoulder length bob like I thought I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i request more bowl cut photos please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, what's JD?

    i love your shoes, I want to find something like that but Canadian. Philippine flag will do fine also :)

    ps. I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes and the jeggings go so well together, loving them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit! Especially the shoes!! And that collar is gorgeous!!!!!
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i agree. i would like at those shoes and ask 'where'd you buy them' immediately? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've got the same shoes! :)

    Following you! If you want you can participate at my TORY BURCH GIVEAWAY on my blog!

    http://timeless-is-more.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're so adorable :) i love your hair in this one!

    http://escapetotoyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. loooooove the collar!! I've never been to an estate sale simply because I never know how to find them. Where did you hear about the one in M.V.?! Darn, I'm next door too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been intrigued with the thought of estate sales, but just spent last week rummaging through my boyfriend's mom's stuff (she died in her 50s, so pretty sad). And yeah, it was pretty creepy and quite sad; I guess it would be better if it wasn't someone I saw pictures of all the time. The "don't wear that scarf to my grandma's, she won't like that I've given it away" spiel didn't de-creep me much either...

    Oh yeah, and if I looked like that in jeggings, I'd probably never take them off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so cute- i like the bandanna! One of my best friends has those chucks.

    That last picture is sooo adorable, although I agree- leave the bowl cuts to Karen O. haha

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. the embroidery on that collar is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hair tied up in the scarf. So cute.

    I am so afraid of going to estate sales... I don't know why. I have the same issues w/ yard sales. I get really shy about it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! You're crazy-fearless on a swing, such a cool photo :)

    Estate sales sound so interesting. Definitely have to try and locate one if I ever cross that ocean :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look badass in those pictures, but i love how they are countered the feminine purchase from the estate sale! I've never been to one either and i really want to go!

    anyways, your style in this post is reminding me of kenneth anger films - an underground film maker from the 70's. you will like it!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyuVNULabjM

    FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
    www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your swing shot! I haven't tried the Trader Joe's vegan snickerdoodles, but my best friend when I was little was allergic to gluten and her mom made the best gluten-free ginger cookies! Flippin' delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhh I'm so excited I found your blog, following NOW! you're adorable, and I love the flag converse!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. your shoes are hecka awesome. I love them. You are so chic. I'm envioussss! I could never look good in this outfit if I tried:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. the last picture :)) !!!
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your outfit in the first two photos! Who doesn't love skinny black pants? They look awesome on you! I love the picture with the swing as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. whoa, you've got an interesting style. :)

    -vivian
    http://noicestreet.blogspot.com
    (*following!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look awesome on the shot with you and your boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gaaaaaaah don't rub it in that I don't have a Trader Joe's near me... the closest one is in a different country and 7 hours away.. at least. I looooooooooove Trader Joe's! Every time I'm in Chicago (um, which has happened twice...) I buy a tonnnn of stuff. I just finished off my chai tea latte mix... man that stuff is like gold. SO good. And snickerdoodles are only my favourite cookies ever. I'm going to have to start a petition to get them to come to Canada. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(