11.01.2010

I Remember Halloween: MEGA POST EDITION

Photobucket
THAT'S RIGHT.  I went as Prince (the artist formally known as). Purple Rain is one of my favorite movies so I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is and go as him this year.

Photobucket
The closet wig they had was a "Eurasian" aka Borat wig and I made sideburns with some old mascara I had lying around.

Photobucket
Grant went as a little kid dunce year. I thought he looked so good!

Photobucket
No big deal. If you ever go to the Active in Norco, CA you could this in the flesh ;)

Photobucket
Austin went as Betard Fooser. The level of felt craftsmanship found on his hat was unparalleled to any i've seen.

Photobucket
An unlikely pair.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Oh weird,  David Gonzalez was there.

Outfit detail: purple velvet pants: thrifted and altered, black motorcycle jacket: Lohman's, black boots: thrifted, wig: some halloween store, blouse: thrifted, lace pieces: a cut up table cloth from a thrift store, sunglasses: my grandma's (I know, right), all the detail work (the prince symbol and the sequined front piece) was done with black felt, silver sequins and rhinestones, and elmer's glue

During the day, Grant and I went out to the Norco Active since TOY MACHINE was having a demo.  Grant & co. skated, I watched and hung out with Deanna, etc. etc. Not that many people dressed up and I was so shocked. Huh?? Whaa? It's Halloween! I didn't get it.

Later that night...
Photobucket
An excuse to dress a little more feminine

Photobucket
and sip some hot buttered rum....

Photobucket
WITH JOHNNY DEPP. He's a cool guy.

Photobucket
Maybe too cool

Photobucket
Naturally, he made me drive. He said he didn't know how to.

Photobucket


Photobucket
I think he was texting Keith Richards

Photobucket
After some coaxing he agreed to serenade me. His rendition of Candle in the Wind was beautiful.


Hope everyone had a fun Halloween! Did you dress up? Tell me!!

37 comments:

  1. these photos make me laugh! you both are too cute.
    you make a great Prince, too! love the hair and sideburns. ;)

    i was a gypsy for halloween! i posted a pic yesterday.

    xx elanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your Prince costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that Prince costume is so incredible. I mean, like...WHOA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha your Prince costume IS INCREDIBLE. SO SO SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your costumes! When I saw you were Prince I literally laughed out loud! You are too creative. Great post - looks like you guys had a blast!!

    KF x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You freaking killed it as Prince. I mean both of you look good, but Prince?? Those velvet pants?? Off the hook. You stole the show!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie
    ps-thought of you today when i got 2 ridiculous vintage steals off ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these! and you look great as prince! haha

    i wish i could have done something for halloween but i was way too stressed with school. i definitely need to next year!

    _
    kaitlyn
    thehypermanikin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes! That is probably the best costume I've seen in a long time! I loooove it! I'm not gonna lie, I'd most likely wear those velvety pants in real life too though! ;) Also, Grant makes a frighteningly good Johnny Depp... he could make some extra moolah as a stunt double, no?! ;)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this!! i love how you both changed costumes in the middle of the day and how you both look amazing in both of them. really good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it. love prince. love johnny depp! :) the poem is from the Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy, a book of tim burton poems. my fave! i made johnny's eagle head and then the shark head and fin are from a pottery barn kids costume that i took apart :) looks like your halloween was a blast too..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just cannot decide which outfit I love best! Both amazing!

    xx
    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  12. You both look great. But You look INCREDIBLE as Prince...You Make Me Speechless. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prince! What a great costume! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, I am SUPER IMPRESSED with both of your guys' costumes!! my minds kind of blown. you win my contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha you did prince PERFECTLY that it is a little freaky!!! hahaha. I didn't know your man was a model. That's cool. Love all the great shots and different costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yikes! I kind of thought you were Prince! And I love Johnny Depp's facial expressions. You are wearing a wig at the end though right? Also, I note that not even a costume will get you into heels! That's my kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE Purple Rain! ♥ You did a great job as Prince.
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but Grant looks a bit like a cross between Kurt Cobain and Johnny Depp at time. Yeah, I'm probably a bit nuts. haha But I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I love BOTH of your costumes. You make a great Prince, and you look so pretty in the feminine (flapper girl?) one.
    I didn't dress up, and my Halloween dessert was pretty boring. It was really far from the best Halloween I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Prince costume is spot-on! Nice work :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man, both your costumes are so amazing! You guys look like you have a lot of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You both rocked the hallo's eve..with gender bending creativity and panache!! Kudos!!!


    Yo Momma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow loving the prince outfit, you went all out girrrrlll.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awhhhhhhh you really did it! And you were such a pretty 'Prince' lol like in those stories! I love the later feminine outfit too! It's eventually classy! The 'Johnny Depp' guy actually cracked me up! So silly!

    Have another awesome day! (:

    Sanny's Head to Heart

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look GREAT!!!!

    i was really sick friday and saturday but sunday i got to do a spooky photoshoot and then spent my evening watching horror movies. sort of lame but i'll make up for it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That Prince costume is AMAZING!! You did a great job. :) Your bf's costume is cute as well. And you are so lovely in the next set of photos. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're a better Prince than the artist himself. I didn't dress up but I did a Halloween special on my blog. So come check it out when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh! your costumes were amazing! I love them all but the Prince one was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi prince :p
    love his studded jacket! can u ask him where'd he got it?
    hehe yeah, the prince costume was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is one of my favourite blog posts EVER. Hahahaha too awesome. You looked AMAZING! Both nights! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to know about different types of wigs of Remy lace and hair pieces . I hope your blog is very helpful for me in this purpose. Your close cooperation will remain for ever, thanks.
    lace front

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your Prince outfit turned out perfect! I tried to dress up as Prince one Halloween, but the hair look really funky on me so last minute I turned it into a matador. The two are surprisingly similar.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look amazing as Prince! And I love the 20s style dressier look too. You look cute with a bob:)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(