11.09.2010

Odds and ends

Until I can make a cohesive post here are some photos from my recent wanderings:

Photobucket
The clientele at Polly's Pies is a bit more advanced in years. However, they have some of the best cinnamon rolls ever!

Photobucket


Photobucket
Blurry but I liked the colors.

Photobucket
After Brainwash's Long Beach premier Grant and I went to the Shorehouse (a 24 hour diner) and waddya know, Kevin aka Drevin rolled up with a posse.  The pearls of wisdom he was bestowing upon us this night were priceless.

Photobucket
Grant's bedspread: two kitten friends looking at butterflies.

Photobucket
My boyfriend loves kittens okay!!


Instead of butterflies, I like to stare at bubbles. Photo by Grant
Photobucket

Photobucket
Old town Temecula. Fact: Temecula was voted #1 day trip destination by OC Weekly. To this, Grant (who is a native of Temecula whether he likes it or not) scoffs.

Photobucket
Gettin' saxy. Fedora? Check. Dinner appropriate button down? Check. Casual but cool leather cuff? Check. Provocative saxophone gyrations? Check. Second hand embarrassment felt by all at the restaurant? Check.

Photobucket
If only my teeth could looks this white without blue toned lipstick!


Thanks to everyone who has entered my giveaway--I have loved reading all your random facts! In the spirit of sharing, here are a few about yours truly:

RNDM FCTS
1. I am an only child
2. I have never gotten chicken pox D:
3. I am allergic to kiwis, ibuprofen, and clams
4. Besides English, I speak Kapangpangan (a Filipino dialect) fluently and understand a lot of Tagalog but can't speak it. I'd like to think that I can speak Spanish conversationally and would like to be fluent.
5. I play piano and once flirted with the idea of becoming a classical voice major after high school.
6. I can't whistle, cartwheel,  snap my fingers properly, or raise an eyebrow. HOW UNFAIR IS ALL OF THAT!

A piece I wrote about Deanna Templeton's LA art show is up on the Foam website. I'd like to make the correction that while she is deeply involved in the skateboarding scene she isn't a skate photographer--that is something my editor added!

Ohh and I always forget that I have a formspring to the right. Ask me a question if you wanna!

31 comments:

  1. Temecula Sunrise by the Dirty Projectors is one of my favorite songs. Rad (!) to see pictures and a local dig <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shot in the diner is awesome! And I love that your boyfriend has all that kitten stuff--too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI, you love kittens. You were the one who gave me that xmas cat magnet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaweeeet pictures lady! I like to eat at old folk restaurants too, and almost cried when the nearest Coco's closed! Also, Grant seems pretty darn into kittens, even if you are fueling his obsession with cat magnet gifts haha!
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah i love Grant's bedspread! I love old diners too, they're so nostalgic and fun :)

    I can't whistle either :(

    Sophi

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that one photograph. sometimes blurry photographs are my very favorite. agreed?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great teeth :))))))
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'd like to think that I can speak Spanish conversationally and would like to be fluent."

    ME TOO.

    I wish I could speak Kapangpangan fluently. I lived in Manila all my life but the first thing people ask me when I first meet them is, "So where from (the US/Canada/Australia WTF?) are you from?". Torn between shame and good feelings.

    And I love the diner out of a road trip movie. But bacon salt, really? Does it taste like real bacon or that yucky but oh so addicting fake bacon?

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww that would be horrible to be allergic to ibuprofen since it's so helpful in certain situations. I'm allergic to all fruit so yeah. . no kiwis for me either. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hihi 'bacon salt', never heard of it!
    does it actually make everythig taste like bacon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you roll your tongue though? ; D

    Bacon salt sounds like pure scariness...

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw i love your bf's kitten spread! your random wanderings make for one awesome post :) and YAY i'm doing the thing you taught me:

    FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello there my lovely,
    thank you for taking time to comment on my blog :)
    I love the random facts about you!
    I'm a filipino two and I can understand it real well but I suck at speaking it, when I try my family just laugh at my attempts. I'd like to think that I'm quarter spanish because of my background :)
    I can't whistle either but it's on my bucketlist

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't whistle or raise an eyebrow either, and that's exactly what it is, unfair!! I love the pics, esp that blurry one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love posts like these! So interesting and fun :D
    *gasp* be careful you dont get shingles since you didn't have the chicken pox!
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. a store next to where i work sells that bacon salt. i want to put it on my veggie burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking at these random shots. It gives a feeling of what your trip was like. And your teeth do look very, very white!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grant's bedspread is just awesome and all of your little photo captions made me laugh. (: I love your random facts too. I'm also allergic to ibuprofen- Let's start a club.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the bubble photo! It looks like you use a nice camera, I'm so sick of mine right now I'm ready to throw it out a window!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautifulll pictures!!!!

    and i've nvr gotten chicken pox too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man, that bedspread is the cutest thing ever!
    And I'm glad to have expanded your vocabulary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the orange sweater (you?) are wearing. So cute and cozy looking!

    That bedspread IS hecka cute. I love bedding shopping and bedroom cruising:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. these pictures are lovely! i love your lacoste striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely need to try bacon salt. It sounds life-altering. I love your random smattering of photos!

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want a cinnamon roll now! and I have never gotten chicken pox either. I love your blog lady...super cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bacon salt? Blaaah, gross. My boyfriend would love it, though. Haha.

    Bahahah my boyfriend's sister would adore Grant's bedspread!

    As I was reading your random facts I totally raised my eyebrow. I'm sorry you can't! I bet you can learn how to whistle from some random website. I learned how to do this weird whistle where I cup both hands from some photos of a bearded man years ago I stumbled upon online. (Uh, what a strange sentence.)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh and I just realized I never wrote a random fact in the giveaway post. (Yeah, I went back to make sure I entered, haha. I have a problem where I imagine I write a comment, but I never actually do...)

    My random fact - I am OBSESSED with sheep. I freaking love them. The past few years my calendars have been sheep calendars. Love love love them. Anytime anyone I know is out & finds a stuffed sheep, they buy it for me (or tell me they saw one and thought of me).

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just started following you, I love your blog and clothes!

    For the record, you're lucky your bf loves kittens. I am obsessed with kittens and I haven't found a guy who likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG! I can't whistle, snap my fingers or raise an eyebrow either! (Although I can cartwheel) My boyfriend thinks it's hilarious and laughs a little too hard at my pathetic attempts.

    I also wear glasses so he says that if I had lived in caveman times I would have perished as all I could do is scrabble in the dirt for bugs and wouldn't be able to warn the tribe that a wildebeast was headed straight for us.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(