11.03.2010

Scratch Your Name on My Arm

Photobucket


Photobucket
Outfit details: Peach shirt: thrifted (this shirt was originally Grant's but when my grandma made some alterations to it it became too mini sized so he gave it to me),  Khaki Dickies (originally bought for my chola costume a few years ago): thrifted, keds, boater hat: up for grabs on my STORE

A simple outfit worn to go thrifting. I didn't actually wear that hat out, but I did find it today.. Also, It's around 95 degrees in Southern California today--ayayay!! AND, more importantly, at Target today they had so much Hello Kitty stuff in the dollar bins! The asian side of me was particularly pleased.


In other news....
Photobucket
Deanna has a show in LA right now at the Paul Kopeikin gallery from 10/30-12/18. If you're up in LA you should try and see it, it's so good! Click HERE for more details!

Photobucket
Art cluster

Photobucket
even Waldo scoped some art

Photobucket
Looky here--the three pals! Ed, Kevin, and Grant


Photobucket
Ed contorts himself in order to be eye level with people. How thoughtful.


Photobucket
Deanna looked so cute this night! Outside of the gallery with Ed.

Photobucket
Afterwards, we sojourned to Madeleine Bistro in the valley for a late dinner. Hands down the most delicious vegan food I have ever had. Ed was feeling generous and paid for everyone's meal--thanks Ed!! I only managed to take one photo of Grant's beet taretare but that should give you an idea of how amazing everything was.


Ooh before I forget, thanks for all the comments on my Prince costume! I had a lot of fun in it and I think I did him justice so hooray :D

AND I just updated my Etsy store so take a peak! I have a bunch of cool outerwear right now (fisherman sweaters, grandpa cardigans, velvet blazers, skinny cable knit pull overs, bomber jackets etc. etc.) so if you're looking for a warm jacket I might just have what you want!

**************
ALSO, thanks Tiffany for the awesome shout out on her blog, Drops of Jupiter! You are too sweet :D

29 comments:

  1. You look super cute as always! That art show looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab trousers, its nice to see a summery outfit when its so cold and miserable here :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super cute and the photography was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so adorable & that beet tartare looks awesome!! Gonna go check out the shop... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is so chic! I just got a hat like that, I can't wait for spring to come around so I can wear it!

    And I LOVEEEE your Prince outfit, what a great idea! And you look so good as him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great hat! love the colors in your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psyching on your grandma making that shirt mini, because it's super cute! It was pretty warm in Santa Cruz the past couple of days too, a nice break from the rain! Also, this is a weird thing to say, but I feel like we talk (err write, I guess) really similarly haha! Maybe it's because we're from California... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wait wait wait...go back! did you say hello kitty stuff at Target?? I hope they got my multi-color pen back in the stocking stuffers :))

    xo.
    http://dropsofjupiterBLOG.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i might have to stop by that exhibit! i am done with techs this week and am looking for an art show to go to this weekend. thanks for sharing!
    _
    kaitlyn
    thehypermanikin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rusholme Ruffians!! Yes!

    I LOVE beets and that looks soooo good.

    Your outfit is so playful! I love how you used basic pieces to create a casual but classic look. Lovely :D

    Sophi

    ReplyDelete
  11. that Waldo guy amused me. and the pictures are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want that tartlet thing! And haha, I'm going nowhere near your store! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the comfy outfit, looks great for thrifting! I haven't been for awhile but I can hear the stores calling me!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only thought of Metropolis after you said it, But, that is so true! Okay, whatever that is on that plate looks yummy;)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. cutest. outfit. ever :) and that photo exhibit looks GREAT! I love to go to those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking great :) I've been missing my boater - I keep considering it despite the lousy weather

    The photo cluster looks really great. Such an interesting way to display photographs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look great! I love how classic this look is, like vintage J. Crew. And the hat is adorable, great find!

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love that boater. I've been looking for a good one for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a carefree california look, love it! And that "beet tartare" made me laugh, I thought, wait that's not vegan!!! Oh...

    ReplyDelete
  20. your outfit is so playful! and it looks like your go to cool things :) i just want to say, your prince costume is unbelievable great and creepy in the best way ahahha

    fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look very cute!

    With love, Samm
    @ www.afterstylecomesfashion.blogspot.com
    By the way, don't forget to enter my give away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah that looks like such a great art show. And that food looks DELICIOUS! I'm off to check out some of your Etsy stuff! And cross my fingers I will sell something so I can buy something from you, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. interesting art

    http://leroicoquette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(