11.21.2010

This and that

An assortment of jumbled photos from my recent roamings for your viewing pleasure.


Photobucket
I don't think you can tell, but this hat is a cat hat--those nubs are cat ears!

Photobucket
Some of the best indian food is in Tustin at Laxmi Sweets and Spices! Palak paneer+channa masala+garlic naan+samosas+mango lassi etc.etc. Indian is way up there for me (next to Italian and home style American)

Photobucket
Grant gasped when he found this record. Too bad it was way too scratched up.

Photobucket
Been there

Photobucket
A myriad of pins on my lapel, right next to a Duke devil. Everything is thrifted.

Photobucket
UM YES. The 25th anniversary was on the 17th and I drove down to Long Beach to see this Fathom Event masterpiece with my girl Erin. So. So. GOOD. Les Miserables is one of my favorite musicals and I was getting chills right from the very first note.  Nick Jonas was in it though and his voice was nothing compared to all the seasoned Broadway vets. Sucks that he was in so many songs >:O

Photobucket
aaaannnd we're dorks. We wanted to get a picture of us wearing our shirts and this was the best we could do without asking someone to take our picture. The Les Mis shirt I am wearing is my favorite t shirt and I literally cannot wear or wash it anymore because if I wash it one more time it will disintegrate. It's so soft and kind of indecent because it's become so thin over the years but I love it and don't care! When I met Erin a few years ago one of the first things I learned about her was her love of musicals (Les Miserables in particlar) and needless to say we bonded heavily over the fact and a few months later I found this sweater for her. Kismet?

Photobucket
We really tried.  If you've never heard a song from Les Miserables listen to this one. I can't tell you how many times i've grabbed a trench coat and stuck a newsie cap on my head to sing "On My Own" in the privacy of my living room.

Photobucket
Details details. I guess i'm really into pins and brooches right now?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hands down the creepiest doll I have ever seen. Why did people even buy these?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Feelin good.
Photobucket
We had early Thanksgiving at Grant's mom's place and everything was delightful and delicious. A Thanksgiving plate contains all of my favorite flavors and I am thankful that I get to eat this meal three times in a week and every time I go to Claim Jumper.
Photobucket

Photobucket
A great Saturday



Do you like free stuff? If you answered yes, then click here
Photobucket

35 comments:

  1. That Indian restaurant looks so delicious. I love the presentation. I've never had Indian food in that way before. My boyfriend and I always go to Tustin for chicken barg at Naan and Kebab. Don't know why, but we really enjoy their chicken! I think we'll add that restaurant to our go-to list. We're from San Deigo so when we make trips to LA, we always do food stops. And also, I'm not sure if I've said this before, but I'm following you through bloglovin'!

    paperwhales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. That cat hat looks so warm, and I'm kind of craving indian now. Even if I haven't had breakfast yet. And yes, that is by far the creepiest doll I've ever seen. I think I'm scarred for like after seeing it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos always make me miss home a little more. I haven't been able to find good Indian food here in Shanghai. Such a bummer! We ARE, however, doing a huge Thanksgiving potluck with a giant roasted turkey and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that doll was SUPER creepy. eek. I don't know why people buy those either. but anyway, fab photos lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm to Indian food, and great, now I have On My Own stuck in my head too! Oh, and red blouse styling coming some time next week. Took the pictures in Barcelona. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these photos, that Indian food looks so yummy =D I left an award for you on my blog by the way =)

    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice brooches ! it looks like great day :)
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos!! Looks like it was so much fun!! :D :D Poo on that record being scratched though :(
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LES MISERABLES.

    so much it deserved caps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos....I LOVE Les Mis!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even know where to start, there's so many wonderful/crazy photos. That doll is terrifying, for one. Also, Les Mis is my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE musical & On My Own is the BEST! I have the score and I play through it on the piano frequently, belting out the songs at the top of my lungs. hehe Oh, and that shot of the dining table is so cool! Great pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute cat hat! believe it or not i've never had indian food, but it always looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the pics! the doll looks creepy ahah and ur pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yayyyy for les mis and also for the duke blue devils! haha that's where we're at right now. loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nick Jonas in Les Mis? I don't think I could handle that. Might as well be Simon from the Chipmunks. Also, my grandmother used to have a couple of creepy dolls like that. And one that had a face like Roger Daltrey. I actually have a picture of that one, but I don't think you can post pics in comments, can you? Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I screamed a bit when I saw the doll. We have a pair of Japanese vintage ones at home and I swear they move at night! I have never seen Indian food prepared that way and I love it! Everything looks compartamentalized and yummy. I love how Indian rice is so different from the sort we have at home.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely!

    http://bearcatla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grant's mom's place is beautiful!

    That Indian food looks AWESOME. I generally find that if it's served on tin trays, it will be delicious :D

    Seems like you've been having fun :)

    Sophi
    PS I'm having a little vintage purse giveaway on my blog if you'd like to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. THANK YOU so much for the blog comment :)
    that food looks delicious, and the room with the birds eye view is so crisp and beautifully decorated


    Peace & love
    OXO, ETTE

    www.thriftedkarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the photos! The cat is adorable, the Indian food shot is making me hungry and that doll is so weird. And I'm with you, I don't even know why Nick Jonas got to be in such a great musical but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving this assortment of photos!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aaaah! That doll does look creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. goodness I didn't know Les Mis was doing a 25th anniversary showing. I've always wanted to see that one. Is it on broadway? I hate going into the city though. . .even if it is only 20 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome photos! I especially love seeing that Indian food. I'm also a huge fan. Now I'm craving it. Lol. And you are so cute in all these photos. You have the most adorable smile! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. On My Own is such a powerful song! thanks for sharing it :) Also I am forever haunted by that creepy ass doll! I saw some neat dolls on the style rookie today that are much cuter and high fashion but still creepy - dolls are just like that!

    FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
    www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun pictures as always!

    Ps. I gave you an award in my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. a cat hat, les mis, and indian food. we might be soulmates. you look like you're havin fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely blog!!!
    Thx for sweety comment
    please follow and help us...

    ReplyDelete
  29. The food looks really good. I love on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  30. these great random photos !
    the hat is really cute and i love indian cuisine as well :)

    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  31. eeeeee cat hat! so kewwwwwtt!!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(