11.25.2010

THREE FEATHERS VINTAGE BLACK FRIDAY SALE// DAY IN LA

Before I post about other stuff, I just wanted to announce that I'm having a Black Friday Sale of sorts at my store, THREE FEATHERS VINTAGE! 20% off regularly priced items from now until Sunday! One of the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving is having amazing readers (seriously!) so this one's for you ;)

Photobucket

In other news...

Yesterday, Grant and I went up to LA to make a day out of visiting galleries and eating at our favorite food places, culminating in seeing the Black Angels at the El Ray at 9. However, things really didn't go our way....

Photobucket

Photobucket
Outfit details: Little kid's bomber jacket: thrifted, circle skirt: thrifted, blouse: thrifted, tights: Target, Boots: target

Photobucket
You can see the shape of the skirt a lot better in this photo--isn't it great? Too bad I had to unzip the skirt a bit after dinner to accommodate my third trimester food baby 

Photobucket
Ahh Culver City.

Photobucket
If I could, I would only drink Mexi Cokes out of glass bottles for my soda of choice. Ginger ale is a close second.

Photobucket
One of my favorite places to eat in LA is BELLA PITA. The location that I linked to was literally a two minute walk from where I used to live in West LA. In fact, for those aware, when I was hit by a car in January I was walking to this very place and I STILL eat here! That's how good it is. I always get the falafel pita, fried cauliflower, and a bottled coke--all for $7.

Photobucket
another look

Photobucket
We went to the Annenberg Space for Photography which is in Century City. We had both never been and it didn't disappoint.  It's free to check out and parking is $3.50 when you get your ticket validated.  We tried to go to M+B in West Hollywood but they were closed! Sucks. The artists they were showing looked really promising.

Photobucket
A quick sojourn to Amoeba for records. No luck but I got this photo out of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Grant and I were trying to kill time so we had dinner at Pure Luck which is a vegan restaurant. Pictured above is the half fries half fried pickles we shared. I've eaten here before but I don't know, I think something was off when we went. I thought the pickles were too salty and the burrito that we shared was pretty meh. After eating vegan burritos at the Seabirds Truck there really is no comparison AND the truck is always in Orange County!

Photobucket

Now this is where our evening begins to turn. Grant had bought his own ticket to see the Black Angels and I decided last minute that I would go with him and I'd buy my ticket the door. Well long story short the show sold out! You should have seen my face when the lady at the box office was like, "Nope! Sorry, we're out of tickets!" FAIL 1. Cue to my eyes getting as big as saucers and my lower lip beginning to tremble, "...wha??" Okay it wasn't that dramatic. Grant successfully scalped his ticket and we decided to salvage our evening by going to see Harry Potter. We tried seeing it at the Arc Light. We'd both never been there and were unaware of their no-seating-once-the-movie-begins policy. FAIL 2. Then we decide to see it at the Century City mall. We were in time for the show and bought our tickets at a kiosk outside. At this movie theater you're supposed to choose seats on a little map and then sit in them. This concept is and continues to be foreign to both of us since we both have grown up slumming it at Edward's/Regal theaters where you just sit wherever you want. We unwisely decided to skip the seating page and just printed out our  tickets thinking, "What kind of squares really sit in their assigned seats?" Well, this proved to be our undoing. We found prime seats in the center of the theater and kicked back thinking, "third times the charm! Finally we can relax!". When different people started coming by saying, "hey....I think you're in our seats?" Grant would answer, "Uh...I think you can just sit wherever". This worked until the end of the previews when this older couple started complaining that everyone was in weird seats and their seats were taken. Well, all the people who had mentioned something looked at us and were basically like, "GET UP." So, with our tails between our legs, we found seats in the first row on the left side aka the worst seats in the world. FAIL 3. Why they even bother making seats that close to the screen is beyond me. After a minute into the movie we looked at each other and decided to get refunds.

In a word, our evening was pretty much nobbed.


Now it's Thanksgiving and I'm waiting for the green beans to be done. I've dressed strategically in order to accommodate the food octuplets that will be gaining residency in my belly in T-minus fifteen minutes. If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you're having a good one and and are eating delicious carbohydrate rich foodstuffs :)

Also, before I forget--I was nominated for two blogger awards by Sian and Kristen but since I've already written a novel in this post I'll have to complete the 7 facts about me in another post. Thanks for the shout out girls!

30 comments:

  1. oh i'm loving your skirt! great pictures! i could never understand how someone wearing a chicken outfit can attract people to go to a place...hmmm...=)
    please check out my new blog on street fashion and people www.publishmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my girlfriend and i went to the century city mall to see due date a couple weeks ago. the kiosk they have was confusing to me. most of the seats were taken, so i decide to pick what i thought was the back row. it turned out to be the very front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that seat thing is horrible but funny! way to go! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making you sit in assigned seats is such bull, especially here in New Zealand; they sell them randomly so buying them earlier doesn't necessarily mean you get better seats...me and my boyfriend have been caught plenty of times in other peoples' seats hehe it's all part of the movie going experience for us now :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your outfit! It's perfect and that jacket is awesome!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks amazing. i have always wanted to visit LA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt :)

    Sorry to hear about your evening. Hope the food octuplets made up for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photos. Your blog always reminds me how much I love LA. :)

    I also love that bomber jacket. The whole look suits you so well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the pics and ur outfit is amazing! and i wish i could visit u shop, unfortunately its tooo far away! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Ashley, major giggles from this post. Sorry for such an epically failing evening! Probably it was a wise idea to get refunds; I hate those seats really close to the screen. Oh, and my favourite picture in the post has to be the completely random chicken holding the "brown rice sushi" sign. Hhahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i need to be honest, animals on human bodies are one of the things that interest me. It's so funny. Looks like you and grant are having a wonderful time together.

    have you seen harry potter yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. your circle skirt is great! it'd make me want to spin around and do a little dance hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just love how your skirt poofs up so amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very very nice blog!! :D i love your pics! :D

    http://pleasebegoodtome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your outfit! the skirt is gorgeous. and yummm those fried cauliflowers look sooo delicious.

    love, M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures and you look like a superstar, best outfit post of the week if you ask me!
    Have a happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your jacket, and the skirt is awesome!! your story is hilarious. but it's good that you can refund the tickets :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your skirt, it's gorgeous.
    Nice blog, are you mexican?
    Following you
    xoxo, Angie

    styleninfa.blogspot.com

    would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this skirt on you and great pics. Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your skirt and lace up boots!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. fried cauliflower?!!! I will have to try that!! You look cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. sounds like you guys had a heck of a night! but sometimes mishaps like that can be kinda fun too, at least you looked good!
    hope you had a great thanksgiving! :)


    Fashion Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  23. this story about being turned away from the show AND harry potter is heart breaking! i have had these night before and its really hard to be in good spirits when everything is fucking up. thats life!

    fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(