12.19.2010

Ever Fallen In Love?

Buzzcocks can do little wrong, eh?

 Anyway, a slew of photos from yesterday. Grant, our friend Jordon, and I went Christmas shopping around Old Town Orange (known for their antique stores and cute little cafes), Fashion Island (known for being a cesspool for all things typically Orange County), and the South Coast Plaza area (see description for Fashion Island). Afterwards, we visited the megalithic "white house", lit up by thousands of tasteful white lights. The "white house" aka the Trinity Broadcasting Network headquarters (who are responsible for a great majority of Christian TV broadcasting) is, for those who live in Southern California, that huge building off the 405 that is always lit up in lights.

On to the pictures....

Photobucket
Army/Navy Surplus
Photobucket
Outside Blue Frog Cafe. HIGHY recommended! 
Photobucket
Yeah, blurry. But so pretty!
Photobucket
A small
Photobucket

Photobucket
Grant and Jordon ponder the mysteries of Christmas
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Cuddly Koi
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was a tiny sliver of what the place looks like.
Photobucket
I'm down
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Crushed that they ran out of these post cards. Get it, Jesus!
Photobucket
A Christmas wish...



I have a question:

So I've been thinking of ways to make my Etsy store more legit (bigger and better for 2011!!) and I thought about posting "haul" videos on YouTube then linking to my store. For those unfamiliar, a haul video is basically when someone (typically a girl) goes shopping, buys a ton of stuff, gives a short review of the item while showing off what she had purchased. Anyway, since I thrift a lot, I thought about make a few showing off what I had found thrifting that week or something. I'd make the videos short and sweet and try to be as un-annoying as possible. 

I'm conflicted, though, this could potentially be very second hand embarrassing for all involved. I don't know if I'm ready to make my internet personality so...known.

What do you think? Bad idea? Good idea? Meh? No opinion?

34 comments:

  1. Hehe so much fun! And I LOVE those wee forest mice, they are soooo adorable!! :D
    I think the video thing is a good idea, but if you would feel uncomfortable I wouldn't do it.
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look like you had a blast! You're so cute, love your boots :)

    Brittany
    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that garment-in-action or like... garment-tour videos would be rad as hell. And you already ARE an internet personality! :P

    I love the Buzzcocks! Magazine is great too. I love all of the post-punk punk band spinoffs.

    Annnd oh man, do you like Arrested Development? Every time someone mentions South Coast Plaza I think of this.

    Looove the photo with the magnifying glasses in front of your mouths. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, I love the vintage ring. I think you should definitely do the videos, I know I would be interested in watching the process : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice photos..
    check my new blog post " Miracle " and leave ur comment.

    Thanksss..
    www.hottalotta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH I love the Buzzcocks too, we went to their gig here last year and the drummer invited us to the backstage party, it was so unreal, I felt like I was about to vomit with excitement the whole time hehe. New Zealand is sadly unfestive at this time of the year, I don't think I've seen ONE house decorated with lights :(

    Charlotte
    ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if you did like "coming attractions" of things you've bought that will be added to your shop, that would be good. It can't hurt to promote your shop on another site, like youtube. I'm clearly not an expert, though, since I only recently reached double digit sales-haha! Cute photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fashion Island scares the hell out of me...so does TBN. Girl I am mildly swooning over that picture with the cut out of Paul Crouch!! Once I saw Jan and her pink hair in Crystal Court w/Paul Jr. I about peed my pants and tried to rip that wig off. I've got stories!!

    I need to scan in a seriously old photo of me next to some mondo sculpture at the top of the stairs that has someone stomping the devil's head. It was the highlight of that summer!!

    ps-I don't know a lot about Etsy. Wish I could help more...a LOT of people use Youtube for makeup stuff according to one of my friends. She says it drives traffic like crazy. Might be worth it!

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many treasures! Looks like you had an awsome day! Love the giraffe!

    http://seriouslyrainbowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha a i love these funny pictures :) looks like your having a lot of fun :D xxxx <3

    http://theglamorousmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos, I love the Christmas photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cardigan, and I kind of want that giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think it would be a great idea! !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man, I am always so jealous of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Try the video! There´s no harm in trying and you can improve it later as you go. :)

    That´s a pretty cuff I saw in there and that chandelier is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos, I love that vintage bracelet!!
    www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You could do you tube. It can be fun. But if I were you I would sell in a fair or something. For me You Tube is too much but only if you crave mass exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think doing a haul video would be a great idea. I think you're an interesting girl so I'll definitely take the time to watch. Clothing actually looks more enticing to me when I see them in video as well. I hope this helps!



    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You may try to put some videos on Your blog. It could be a nice change :)))) I might be nice to hear Your voice :))) Moreover You always put some interesting story on blog so You will be great director and actres in one:)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I say do it if you feel 100% comfortable with doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's so weird! TBN Headquarters is also over here near Nashville in Conway Twitty's old estate (Twitty City renamed Trinity City). There must be two!! (at least!) Effing empire!

    As for the video, I say do it and try it, see how it goes. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty pics. The little children's book is adorable. I don't know about the haul video idea, just because I don't think I would actually watch it. I don't mean that in a bad way tho! I wouldn't watch anybody's haha. I prefer to browse etsy stores and forming my own opinion about things :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. this day looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. buuzzcocks! The video idea is quite cool if you're comfortable doing it. I'm always a bit reluctant towards youtube hauls, because they remind me of girls like Blair and Elle Fowler, and they're just..annoying.

    It would be a good way to put your shop out there, so if you're comfortable, give it a try^^

    ReplyDelete
  25. that looks like sucha fun day! you look so adorable <3 that christmas tree is gorgeous!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your pictures are always so fun. The house is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That shot of the kid is too funny! Great photos!

    xx
    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these photos. About your Etsy store, the hauls would help you so much. It would make things a lot more legit for others who hear about your store.

    ReplyDelete
  29. On Keith Haring... You're absolutely right! I'm actually not a fan of his art too, but I've never thought about the Windows clip art characters. They really do look similar and this is not a good thing at all.



    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm still giggling from the magnifying glass pictures... how about a haul video featuring those? ; )

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(