12.15.2010

Orange County living

A mishmash of random snapshots from the past week.

Photobucket
sub urban, Costa Mesa on the way to Taco Mesa (I go for the salmon tacos and the pickled carrots)

Photobucket
Kraft macaroni and cheese is my weakness. Bring me more powdered cheese! And yes, from time to time i've been known to eat monochromatic meals.

Photobucket
Grant finds an SX-70 at a local thrift haunt

Photobucket
Baby on the loose.

Photobucket
Some sort of bear decapitation/reanimation. South Coast Plaza.

Photobucket
Oh hey just keeping it casual.

Photobucket
My bff

Photobucket
Delicious Sky Flakes don't float your boat?

Photobucket
Maybe some Magic Flakes will then?

Photobucket
Or rip off Koala Yum Yums. Does anyone remember those?

Photobucket
s0o0o hawt

Photobucket
I found a pair of old wayfarer style glasses at the thrift store today. I think they're circa the late 1960s so I was hyppppeeed.

Photobucket
Messing with your heads by flipping this photo around. Grant found some leather Justin ropers for $3 and Neil Young's Everybody Knows This is Nowhere on vinyl. The thrift gods were kind to him today.

Photobucket
YEAH!

Photobucket

Happy Wednesday!


Extra Credit:
Follow me on tumblr! MILK TEETHS
Ask me a question on formspring (its on the right)
I'll be updating my Etsy store sometime tomorrow so stay tuned, I found a lot of awesome things :)

25 comments:

  1. love the glasses. camera. and macaroni and cheese. i would eat some if i had some right now. whoops. so glad i am not the only one with this wonderful weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get on the ceiling for that picture???? I'm intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a shiney SX 70! & great sunnies :)

    I wish crackers came in packs that big over here :D I am a cracker fiend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the Koala cookies!!!!

    Enter my Monet giveaway :)
    http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2010/12/monet-jewelry-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mac and cheese. Looks like you had fun and yeah for the sunglasses, it looks so vintage-y. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment and for visiting my blog!
    I grew up in OC so looking at these pics takes me way back! Also reminds me of the great vintage shopping-boy do i miss it!

    Stop by again soon!
    xoxo
    chloe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psssst. They were only $2 and that upside down photo is making me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love those sunglasses they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these!!! Sooo cute :D I want that old camera in that one photo, haha
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh taco mesa on 19th? :) also, i worked at south coast at jcrew for 6 yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha lovin' the monochromatic meal.
    kiss kiss bang bang

    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Koala Yummies! Holy chemical-laden goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! you found so many great thrifting treasures! i wish there were more cheap thrift stores around my town with stuff like this!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so naturally pretty! I want his boots! And my necklace is a whistle, but it doesn't actually work. bummer ;)

    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so much fun! Your caption on the Santa's Workshop thingy cracked me up. It really does look sinister...

    $2 Justin ropers? Nuts! that's a score if there ever was one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. fun pics dear - and omg those koala bikkies, i remember getting them when i was in college (high school to those who are american)... they're choc filled right? mmmm

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore seeing how much we have in common. It makes me feel cool that someone so gorgeous and stylish and hip likes the same things as me! :) I loooove kraft mac & cheese. It's my guilty pleasure. Usually when I say this, people look at me like I'm crazy. Lol. Do you get that reaction? Oh, and omg I freaking LOVE those koala cookies. I used to get them all the time as a child and a few months ago I found out this new chinese grocery store down the street from my apartment has them! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, cute. My heater is my bff in winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You found some great finds at the thrift store!! Adore!

    xo Lynzy
    http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The picture of the bear decapitation made me laugh. Is that some sort of teddy bear workshop? I've heard of those places but never seen one in real life. Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh my heater is my absolute best friend too. I swear it's one of my greatest purchases. My favorite dress comes at #1 and my heater is #2 haha.



    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and Grant are really good at thrifting! Makes me want to thrift!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  23. So I wanted to comment on this a long time ago when you first posted it because I think I was at South Coast the same day you were, which blew my mind a bit. Those Justin Ropers are tooo good! and hell yeah to Koala Yum Yums!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(