12.03.2010

Peter Pan 360!

On Tuesday Grant and I saw Peter Pan 360 at the performing arts center in Costa Mesa and IT.WAS.AMAZING. If you live in Southern California I highly recommend seeing this show! It isn't the musical version but the actual play and it was honestly one of the most whimsical things I have ever seen. Ever. The production is done in a theater in the round style (round stage) so basically every seat is great and besides that, the production is in a large tent (cirque du soilel style) so when Peter and the Darling children fly to Never land you see a panorama of London projected onto the tent ceiling so it feels like YOU are flying with them.  The projections change along with the setting so you also see a jungle, the Lost Boy's underground, an underwater scene, etc.etc. Anyway, the costumes are great, there are puppets, the pirates play instruments, mermaid aerialists are involved---JUST GO ALREADY!

On to the pictures!

Photobucket
Night falls--time to get ready.

Photobucket
Keepin it casual.

Photobucket
The glowing tent is where the production was! Outside of the theater there was a smaller tent that sold concessions and they had a cute candy and everything was cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh hai. Outfit details:  gray wool 1950s secretary (Joan from Mad Men approved yes?) dress, thrifted, orange tights: Target, black suede moccasins: Michael Kors (a gift from my momma), velvet evening coat: thrifted

Photobucket


Photobucket
I wonder what Grant was looking at...

Photobucket
Trip out

Photobucket
Anyone ever seen that one Curb Your Enthusiasm about anonymous donors?

Photobucket

The only photo I took of the actual production (no cameras allowed during the show!), we got prime second row seats....

If you're intrigued check out this clip...

28 comments:

  1. great pictures

    i love your grey dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, that looks so incredible! I love how the play is in a large tent. I had no idea that this was going on so I'm happy you posted this. I'll have to check to see if I can go to this soon! That YouTube clip makes me so exciteddd! I absolutely love the story of Peter Pan.

    paperwhales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is so cool!!! If only I could go see it, ha ha. :D
    Loving your outfit too :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Peter Pan... wish this was still in London!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh deery me, I wish I could be there. I mean I could come and watch it, it'll just take me about an 12 hour drive down there but I think it would have been worth it! Such a magical story Peter Pan is.

    Also, I'm doing my very first ever giveaway of two bags of Coffee from One Bean to tell others about the company's mission and what they've done to help us raise money for Sierra Leone. And it would be lovely if you participated in it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome. Peter Pan has always been one of my favorite books. I was Wendy for Halloween this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!! I love doing stuff like that-- I recently had the pleasure of seeing Shout: A Mod Musical at the local theatre!

    You look stunning, as always. I hope you're having a lovely weekend, swissy missy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shots are amazing!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog!
    http://sherinethegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice dress! I love simple :)
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful :))))

    LOVE
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard about this version of P.P. and I'm so jealous you went to see it! It must have been so amazing!
    and yes, let's exchange links! ^.~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I love the tale!!! I love the movie... Peter Pan is my hero... <3



    xx
    lmc

    ReplyDelete
  13. that first pic is just so beautiful! and loving the tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so classic and classy in the gray dress, it's lovely!
    Oh and I'm trying your code out now...let's hope I did it right otherwise it will look quite silly.
    Thanks for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it! :)

    Charlotte
    All Tomorrow's Parties

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos :-) And super elegant outfit :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. that looks stunning! i wish id seen it in london!

    lovely blog and thank you for the sweet comment. canw e follow each other? I'll follow you right now :)

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    x

    p.s. new outfit post on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah Peter Pan 360 sounds amazing and that dress fits you beautifully. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that I'm following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures, looks like a nice evening! Grant is cute girrrrLLLL lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. loving these photos - your dress is so cute dear x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. hello hello! did you see were both up on fashion forestry's blog roll? I am so pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I lived on the West Coast so I could see it. Sounds so much fun, cute outfit too, love your colorful tights: )

    ReplyDelete
  22. That dress is stunning on you. It reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. So classic and elegant and not overdone. Perfection, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that dress so much!!! beautiful and glamourous and simplistic.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(