12.07.2010

Something that I forgot about

I've never been good at accepting and continuing on the blog awards I get so I figured enough is enough! Here is my stab at being an e-team player, if you will.  But before that, here are some actual photographs of my outfit for today:
Photobucket
Photobucket

I obviously spiced things up by posing in front of my glamorous suburban garage door instead of the glamorous suburban cinder block wall in my backyard. Worn to go Christmas shopping and to the post office.
Details: Oversized peter pan collared blouse, I think it's a part of a school uniform from the Philippines, black cardigan: UO from the sale section, mustard pocket skirt: American Apparel--a gift from forever ago, sheer navy blue tights, bright blue socks: F21, Jack Purcell's: from Grant
Photobucket
Balloons at South Coast Plaza

Mmkay now onto the awards! If I nominated you and you're not into it--no worries. There is absolutely no pressure to keep this blog award aka chain letter going. Feel free to break the rules as you see fit.

Again, thank you Sian and Kristen for the noms.
Also, there are minor "stipulations" for the two different blog awards. I just picked 14 blogs/ people that I like and are into. Anyway...

Photobucket

"The Rules": So this is how it works: Thank the person who gave you the award, tell 7 facts about yourself, give the award to 7 bloggers you just love, and leave the 7 bloggers a comment telling them they won!

Emily  http://rubyslipperjourneys.blogspot.com/
Aśa   http://my--private--spot.blogspot.com/
Holly http://www.hollyknitlightly.com/
Melissa http://hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com/
Jenny http://fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com/
Beatrice http://dearbeatrice.blogspot.com/
Kallie  http://happyhoneylark.blogspot.com/

7 Facts About Me
  1. I have never owned a pet BUT this is changing next month. I'm getting the babiest kitten to call my own!
  2. When I was in high school I was drama club president and the year before drama club treasurer.
  3. I played the Enchanted Wardrobe (aka Madame de la Grande Bouche) in Beauty and the Beast also in high school. The costume was literally made out of wood and was super heavy but I had to sing and dance in it.
  4. My fingers are hyper extended meaning they basically can bend backwards. This freaks people out. Here is a picture:Photobucket
  5. Some of my favorite bands include The White Stripes, Belle & Sebastian, David Bowie, Elliott Smith, The Decemberists, Morrissey/The Smiths, Interpol, etc.
  6. I don't spend a lot of money on clothing but I WILL spend money on high quality makeup. It's not like I even wear tons of the stuff or experiment with crazy colors...I suppose I just like it, it's a stereotypically girly trait that even I can't deny.
  7. It takes a lot for me to genuinely laugh out loud at something. Something might make me smile or chuckle softly to myself but to make me really laugh? That's a different story. I will say that Grant makes me genuinely laugh every time I see him (cue the awwws)

Photobucket

"The Rules"

To accept the Versatile Blogger Award, there are some rules to be follow:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass it along to 7 other blogs you recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipient a note, telling them you awarded them the award


7 More Facts About Me

  1. I never know if this is obvious but I'm half asian! Half Filipina half white although I pass for a lot of other ethnicities too which is really cool.
  2. I am absolutely itching to get my hair CUT. I don't know if I will go short or just get a trim and some layers redone but my current hair is driving me crazy.
  3. I hate being cold. I find that I dress less creatively during colder months because my number one prerogative is just to stay warm which seems sort of dramatic—you'd think I lived somewhere really cold but alas I'm just kickin it in Southern California. I don't know what my deal is.
  4. Other dislikes: jerk drivers that weave in and out of traffic and cut people off, when people can't get off their phones and constantly use them to text or check stuff when in a hanging out situation, food scented candles (the only exception being cinnamon spice),generally obnoxious people, etc.
  5. My least favorite fashion look is what I call the typical LA look, ripped denim shorts, ripped sheer black tights, some sort of weird asymmetrical top or blouse, mile high platform footwear, accessorizing with fur via a Davey Crockett hat/racoons tail on bag/ fur hood with ears, lots of black eye liner...you get the picture. I don't think I have ever seen someone genuinely pull this whole look off without coming off like a complete and utter d-bag. I'll eat my words when I see it done.
  6. I don't have any tattoos or piercings (besides my ears....which are crookedly done. And yes I was one of those infants who had pierced ears)
  7. I don't drink coffee, smoke, or casually swear.
 
If you have any more questions you can always ask me anonymously using formspring on the right!


Edit: I made a tumblr! If I follow you on blogspot be prepared to maybe see some photos of yours on my site (with appropriate linkage of course!). If you have a tumblr let me know so I can start following you!

http://milkteeths.tumblr.com/

 

36 comments:

  1. Ohh Ashley! Thank you so much for nominating me for the stylish blogger section! This just might be the trick for pulling me through my last paper of the semester) you are a sweetie pie star blogger.

    also i loved point number 5 - the LA look - you're so dead on!

    FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
    www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks, amiga! I think I even tagged you in one of these ages ago! ; ) Will try and get organized about this! Moving on...
    I'm so jealous you're getting a kitten!
    I really need my hair cut too (boring but true)
    and incidentally, I actually thought you were part native for a bit. Probably helped that your store is called Three Feathers. Or could just be me. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you so much for the tag!!!!!!! We are so much alike I think, haha :) (congrats on your soon new kitten!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.Great outfit. Love those socks.
    2. Your fingers are crazy.
    3. You have a great taste in music.
    4. I hate the whole phone checking/texting while hanging out thing too. It's the worst.
    5. I'm also itching to get my hair cut! I wanna get it short but I'm not sure...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the awards!! Loving the facts.
    I've only ever had a fish....haha
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww u look so adorable and it was fun reading and knowing facts abt u
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! I really enjoyed learning about you. I saw that you liked Interpol. Maybe you'll like this "Slow Hands" cover by Azealia Banks. It's one of my favorite covers.

    Azealia Banks - "Slow Hands" (Interpol)/

    Thanh, PAPERWHALES.BLOGSPOT.COM/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote my previous comment as if I was a child. My sentences were so short hahaha

    Thanh, PAPERWHALES.BLOGSPOT.COM/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so much to say about this post, I don't even know where to begin!! :P

    First, LOVE the outfit. The mustard skirt with the blue socks is just adorable. Omg.

    Congrats on both awards. They are truly well deserved! :) I loved reading both sets of info about you, because it is so cool to not only learn more about your background but also see how much we have in common (a LOT)! In the second set, we have everything in common except numbers two and seven. Crazy!!

    Thanks for passing the Versatile blogging award along to me. Made my day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can relate on #3 & #7 on your "7 more facts about me"! i love your shoes w/those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashley I love this outfit! I love the change of the backdrop. Who shoots the photos of you?
    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would kill for hair like yours, it hurts me that you want to cut it! And this outfit is so perfect, the sneakers add a real casual cool element to it. I also don't laugh a lot, if I'm watching something funny or hear something funny I usually just say "That's funny" and don't really crack a smile even haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deanna! A kindly tripod helps me shoot photos. I had to make sure none of my neighbors were outside though! See you tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed reading all the random facts about you. You chose really interesting facts. OMG at your fingers! I adore your outfit. I've been thinking of buying a pair of Jack Purcels as I used to love them years ago. Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look adorable!! Love how you styled it, especially the mustard skirt and the blue socks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great outfit :) , moreover- I don't read ... :)
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really loved reading this post, and I think that oversized collar is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post!! I love reading random facts about people haha! And that mustard skirt is lovely, it goes so well with the peter pan collar shirt and cardigan, I want to steal this outfit haha =)
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you!
    I really like your outfit
    My fingers are the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll follow you on tumblr!
    you would look cute with short hair, I've actually been thinking about letting mine grow I've had it short for almost 3 years, really short

    ReplyDelete
  21. Liking the outfit and all those balloons look great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you! thank you! for the great award! you are just too sweet! and i loved reading these fun things about you!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww thank you! ^,^
    We like a lot of the same bands! I really hope you can make it to the GD on the 30th!!! It'd be so awesome to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. fab outfit, the skirt and socks look gorgeous together - great colours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great 7 things to know about you, really interesting!! I love your mustard skirt too, american apparel always caught my eyes
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your awards! I hate scented candles in general and I usually spend a lot of money on clothes on on make up. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. the collar on that blouse is perfection. this is adorably school-girl chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am not a big fan of chain letters either but I always love hearing little tidbits about fellow bloggers :)

    I was the ripe age of three when I had my ears done. Wisely they punched both holes simultaneously because no doubt I'd only have one ear pierced if they'd tried for one after the other :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute outfit! interesting things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love your outfit!
    you look great.

    xx
    zoë

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the award! & congrats! :) I don't drink coffee or smoke either... but I do swear, ha. I try not to on my blog. I've probably only said "what the hell" once or twice on my blog. But yeah, I've never really understood the point of smoking. & coffee is just too gross to me. Tea is where it's at!

    Hahaha I'm trying to picture someone dressed in the typical LA look. I've never seen anyone like that!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My boyfriend's fingers do that. Grosses me out, but I always ask him to do it and I like to feel his protruding joints. /creepy

    Anyways, I am now following you! Here's my tumblr!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(