1.18.2011

Dreamy Day Daydreaming of You

So what if these photos are a few weeks old? You probably would have guessed that by seeing the nautical themed wreath on the lifeguard tower. But anyway, yes, these photos are from when my friends Natalie and Emily decided that we needed to spend an afternoon in beautiful Laguna Beach.  I'm all for going to the beach when it's stereotypically "beach" weather but there is something to be said about the ocean when a storm is rolling in. The light that filters through the clouds is so pretty and the ocean has a nice gray glint to it. I'm wearing a coat that is up for grabs at my store (find it HERE) and no joke, I have one of those Hot Hands hand warmer things in my coat because I am a baby and cannot deal with weather that dips below 65 degrees.


Photobucket
Outfit details:  vintage 1960s tweed coat available at my Etsy store, silk scarf: thrifted, tights: Target, shoes: from my mom

Photobucket
I never took off my coat but here is a peek of the dress I was wearing underneath. Also thrifted from when I was in high school. It's a great floral 1970s mini dress with long sleeves, one of my favorites.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Natalie looking cute, per usual.

Photobucket
This time with the background in detail. Annoying how my camera can't capture details in both the fore and background  at the same time >.<



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Inside Tuvalu, a must browse when you're walking around the little shops in LB

Photobucket
Candy! I didn't buy any but geez where there lots of varieties. I really only like chocolate or caramel candy...no Atomic Warheads for this lady. What are your favorites?

Photobucket
ahh, the joy of a chocolate filled diaper.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Another great day nailed.


Extra Credit:

++ Get ready, I should be updating the store tomorrow!
++ AND I will try and get another YouTube video up.

29 comments:

  1. I seriously adore that coat of yours :)
    mmmmm....that candy shop looks amazing -- all that caramel I love it!!
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so special about the beach when its not beach weather, I think you can truly see how beautiful the beach really is.

    great photos www.christie86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although im from CA i never really go to the beach. I probably just go about two times in summer. I do like to see it when its cold though, especially Santa Monica or Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly prefer not-really-beach-weather to actually beach weather when it comes to a trip to the beach. Which probably makes sense why my more favored seasons are fall and winter.
    You look so cute and warm in your coat!

    And hey, maybe I'll run into you next month at the flea market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coat is gorgeous! And I do love Laguna Beach. It is so pretty there, and the mansions along Laguna Hills make me want to tear my eyes out and sell my soul to live in one of them.

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky looks so pretty! When I read your posts I always wish I could visit the places you visit. Maybe one day!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your coat! It's very chique, definitely something I would buy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok why haven't i thought of carrying those hot hand things around!! i'm always so cold!! And your pics are so fun as usual :) i love your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics as usual and what a lovely coat :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quickly deleted that one before someone thought I couldn't write my own language.

    The lamp! It want it. And that candy looks so delicious, one of the worst things about living down here is that we don't get a lot of international candy ie JOLLY RANCHERS. I would be a happy girl if I could get em.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of this seaside town! And I agree, there's a lot to be said for going to the beach in atypical weather, the sky and the ocean are always so dramatic!

    I'm more of a chocolate and typical candy person too, but I think I'd give the choco-caca a miss and go for some old style sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a really fun day out!
    ...but the chocolate diaper's a bit scary. XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. the coat is adorable!!! great blog !
    now following <33

    xx, wiu

    http://www.whoop-itup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazingggggg, I want to go to the beach now...haha. And I still loooove that coat *sigh*
    I'm more of a chocolate person when it comes to candy but I also love skittles...pez....haha...rock candy...etc XD
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful photos! and yum to all that candy, but I'm a chocolate person too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all wonderful photos! And that candy looks delicious. Haha.
    That is a beautiful outfit, that coat looks wonderful on you and I love your tights. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. ew. I really would not like to have chocolate filled diapers. . .maybe because I have kids and the association is just evil hahahahaha. That's like at my baby shower I had for when I was pregnant with my first son.. they played a game where you had to guess what the contents were in diapers. . so they put jelly in one diaper, chocolate in another, etc. . .the person who guessed the most right won a prize. My one friend who had a six month old with her at the time actually tasted what they were so she won. ew. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh. My. Gaw. Your vintage tweed coat is FANTASTIC!! :)

    And I love these photos. So beautiful. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, that looked lovely, i miss the beach. Your coat and tights are very pretty too :D
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful photos, the place looks so relaxing and beautiful! You ladies are looking mighty fine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! the sky looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a really nice coat, I love the color. The chocolate filled diaper made me laugh, I've never seen that before. :) I also love me some chocolate and caramel, espeically when it's mixed with peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. the sky looks amazing in all of those photos
    p.s great coat!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The light looks really pretty in these pics. And I can't live without chocolate. I used to love sugary candy when I was a kid, like nerds, starbursts, blowpops, whatever, but now that my sweet tooth is all grown up, I really just crave chocolate in all it's many forms. Mmmmm...chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to see that dress in more detail...the colour looks lovely and the print is quite interesting too. :)

    Just so you know I love your posts like this where you feature interesting bits from your day....just lets us have a glimpse into your life. I'm one curious kitty I guess . LOL>

    Look forward to hearing from you

    Love

    Tashrin - A Toronto based personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. loved the pictures...reminds me of my last vacation there a few years ago.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I looove your coat & that little snippet of dress looks lovely too. I've been to Laguna Beach a few times & it's really fun seeing photos in a location I'm familiar with.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(