1.15.2011

I Can See Your Future

I think I made a post about this place by my house off of Old Myford Road a year or so ago but too bad! Here I am making another ;)

Anyway, it's been pleasantly warm in Southern California, even bordering on hot, so Grant and I decided to do some day time' splorin. The area where these old farm worker houses are is on the same grounds as a small library (hence the sudden jump to a library photo!) that opened up around two years ago. Afterward, we headed into the hills by Black Star Canyon (a purportedly VERY haunted part of Southern California) and found some streams and a creepy church but alas! No photos. Maybe if we go back...

OH and Grant saw a bald eagle just hanging out in a meadow while we were driving in the hills and I didn't believe him so we went back and he was right! They are incredibly rare to spot where I live so it was pretty cool seeing one, even though it was so far away.

Onward!



Photobucket
Grant has such a great eye.  If it isn't obvious, all of the photos were taken by him

Photobucket
Who says you can't wear red and green outside of the holiday season?

Photobucket

Photobucket
and looky who got his hairs cut! If you live in Orange County and are looking for a great hair cut send me a message! My friend Robyn only charges $20 and she always does such a great job. She went to Paul Mitchell for hair dressing and is just the best :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dinosaur eggs!?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Extra Credit:

++During the summer I submitted a vintage find to ModCloth's Fave Finds but was resigned to the fact that they didn't end up using my submission--luckily, I was wrong! Thanks Victoria (peep her blog!) for the heads up :D

++Check out my find over at the Mod Cloth Blog

++Follow me on tumblr! MILK TEETHS

32 comments:

  1. I love your blouse ashley! this post is also close to my heart because I work in a library ;) grant should be a hair model! ha

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the belt with the socks - they light up the entire outfit. Also, nice feature on Modcloth. You are one articulate young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you - your BF does have a great eye for photos. These are so well-executed. Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the socks! i have a thing for patterned or colored socks and those green ones look great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a disappointment! :( Thank you for letting me know though, now I can stay away from them! I'm excited for spring too :) What sucks is that my body type makes lace look disgusting! So I'll see what I can find. Hopefully I'll find SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your skirt, and the way you wear shoes w/ socks. Only a few people can actually pull that off without looking like an old geezer, and you definitely are one of them ;)

    And I love haunted places in Socal! My friends and I used to go to them all the time back in high school. Have you ever been to "gravity hill?"

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pop of color in your socks and belt!
    Congrats on the Modcloth feature! The boots are cute =)

    P.s. Thank you for sending me that website. My bf is gonna loooove it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the red and green you're wearing is muted in comparison to xmas colours! And that's so cool that you saw a bald eagle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your Modcloth blog post earlier today and I was so surprised and happy to see it. Congrats on making it to their blog!

    The weather has been so beautiful for the past two days. Today was ahhmaazing! It's so good to live in So Cal.



    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! I love your shoes! xx

    www.chickenmelt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!
    The green socks and loafers look great together!
    Also the blouse and skirt look amazing.
    You're lucky you have crazy animals in the States, all we have here is birds, birds, birds.

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors, and I love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How is it that you manage to pull off an outfit that would make me look like an absolute frump?! I especially love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit and photos!! That is so cool that you saw a bald eagle!!! I want to see one, haha...there was a hawk in my backyard once though ;)
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy weekend!

    Love the library shot!

    I saw a bald eagle this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh oh oh! i love this! you look so chic :) just so put together and so effortless. i could never do that, i'm jealous XDD

    http://escapetotoyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. you and grant are partners in crime! woot
    looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That library photo is pretty epic... I can almost hear the "swish" as you walk. And actually, that first photo is pretty amazing, with the inverted triangle and everything

    ReplyDelete
  19. how is it that you're so cool and collected? i always love your outfits. :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your first photo. The shadow of the building make the photo looks unusual(:
    Grant really has great eyes!

    Like your outfit too((:

    Cheers,
    Dreamy Princess
    ~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a sweet post! lovely blog.

    xx
    Alexandra

    www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so pretty and these pics are awesome!
    www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your outfit is lovely and so classy. You look like a sexy librarian. ;) You make southern CA sound so interesting and fun! I don't like the plastic glitzy LA, I want to discover its history and appreciate its culture like you do! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grant really does have a great eye. These photos are stunning! I love the second one and as always I love your outfit.

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  25. simplistic and beautiful as can be!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he cut his hair!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the shots on the porch and at the library :) and I am smitten with your green socks fringed brown shoe ensemble.

    Yay for your mod cloth feature. So agree with your tip re current trends :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. - i love how you used red & green but it wasn't Christmas-y.

    -I like all of these photographs. Lovely compositions. I think the 2nd one's my favorite but it's hard to choose!

    - Congrats on the Modcloth feature! I saw it this morning & was pleasantly surprised. :D

    - I play piano, sax, a lil guitar, the tin whistle (you can laugh at that one) and I kinda sorta sing... I'm trying to decide what song to record for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love your library photo! Those green socks are so precious, too. That shade is one of my favorites. Everything in this look has such great details :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(