1.03.2011

NYE Tom Foolery, Chihuahua Valley Style

Photobucket
A half hearted attempt at chronicling my outfit. Imagine black skinny jeans and brown boots down below. Sweater, plaid button up, sunglasses are all thrifted.
Photobucket
Everyone had a go at playing the squeeze box
Photobucket
There was lots of music playing this night. Imagine a few more guitars, some bongo drums, a bevy of harmonicas, the aforementioned accordion, a banjo, keyboard, baby maraca, and an accordion being played throughout the night.
Photobucket
Beer pong is for suckers.
Photobucket
Quite the picturesque scene, the pup Clayton snoozes by the warm fire
Photobucket
and I sit nearby, listening to some music
Photobucket
No Andre here, folks.
Photobucket
Rob and Jackie! Jackie has an awesome Etsy store that sells vintage threads (for very reasonable prices) check her here: Mountain Meadow Vintage
Photobucket
Looky looky, it's Matt B and Tess!
Photobucket
Our amazing hosts, Sadie and Jordon! Grant and I have been coming up to Chihuaha Valley for NYE's for the last three years and it has always been such a treat.
Photobucket

Photobucket
People start to overindulge and Grant dutifully whips out his camera. No one is safe.
Photobucket
Not even Carl, who smiles through his Maker's Mark induced stupor
Photobucket
The next morning. Everything thrifted.
Photobucket
A goat named Lady Bug
Photobucket
Grant throws a stick at the New Year
Photobucket
While Rob throws a tennis ball to Louise and Clayton
Photobucket
Benny was also in the mix
Photobucket
Chihuahua Valley, which is in Northern San Diego near Mt. Palomar  is a great place to find geodes and minerals.

Photobucket


Not pictured: taking a dip into the mineral hot springs in Warner Springs. If anyone has ever read Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy the area that he describes in the book is basically where we stayed. I like going to the hot springs at night, the mist rises up all eerie like and you can see tons of stars. A photo of Grant and I that our friend Shin took should give you an idea of what i'm talking about:
Photobucket


Nice huh? Anyway, hope everyone had a fun NYE and happy 2011!

Extra Credit:
Follow me on TUMBLR (take a look, you might like the random stuff I post about!)

38 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun place! I like that rock hehe.
    Your outfits are cute and match your surroundings so great!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wanna hunt geodes!!!
    That looks like a lot of fun. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Blood Meridian! Although I would never use that book to market my holiday!

    Looks like an excellent New Years Eve. Low stress, lots of friends, lots of comfort... ; D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Emily, touche! Blood Meridian minus the baby bashing, blood lust, and general pillaging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such pretty hair! Lovely photos. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww great pictures, looks super fun <3

    vdcouture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Very nice. Looks like an awesome place and you guys look like you had lots of fun! Love the VW! Also, can't believe everything is thrifted in the last picture, wow! You have a talent for thrifting.

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. That completely thrifted outfit looks really good! I especially like that jacket! I've got to hit some thrift stores soon! Chihuahua Valley looks like a lot of fun! I loved all the photos. My fave was of the retro van, if it were mine I'd call it the Mystery Machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that all looks gorgeous! What a fun weekend you had :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. throwing a stick at the new year will show 2011 who's boss. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a fabulous time, and I really love the sunglasses your wearing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha i love that first picture. it made me laugh :) and all the rest. it looks like you had so much fun. always does

    http://escapetotoyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. really nice blog!i just follow you on bloglovin


    http://valentinapierallini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. WAH so many cute animals! I'm jealous. I can't believe your photos are taken with a point and shoot, although it being a Canon probably makes a huge difference...I think your photos always look good anyway. The only thing about my new camera is that it's sort of a gift (bribe) from someone I don't want to talk to so I don't know when I'll get it :( I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    Hope your year is going well so far!

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool place. And so many friends :)))
    I see that You had great NYE. My was nice except few unpleasant incidents. Some of my friends (male friedns) are still like childrens.

    My red shoes are fuchsia actually. :)

    MyPrivateSpot

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really enjoyed this! and you look stunning in the first photo.. so effortlessly cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your blog and it looks like your had a great NYE!
    amazing shots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. funny pictures and you look great !
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh how fun!!!! It looks like you had a great time!!! :D My NYE was spent in my room :p
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a lot of fun, I really like these pics! And you look great!

    x Christine
    http://fancifulvision.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a coooool post, so many incredible pictures!! I really like your header too :) Nice blog!!!

    xxxx

    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love these pictures. this post is really fun!! as always you have the cutest outfits...i don't know how you get away with wearing them, but you do and you look great!!

    hope you're having a happy start to 2011!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. it sounds let a wonderful time. I adore your sweater AND your sunglasses.

    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Abigail.

    ReplyDelete
  24. well it looks like a fun time was had by all

    ReplyDelete
  25. looks like an amazing time!! Wow, what a perfect outfit. Love the guitars, love the ping-pong, the adorable puppy, and I will check out this etsy store. Great way to spend NYE! http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like SO much fun. I love that sweater you're wearing in the first photo. Also, very jealous of whoever it is that can play the accordion. hehe I've had one for about a year but it's pretty old and I can't play it too well. I really want lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a gorgeous last photo! i love your sweater too. it looks like you and your friends had an awesome new years :)

    love, M

    ReplyDelete
  28. great outfits. looks like a fun mew year's

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are awesome, this sweater reminds me of Charlie Brown..in a totally cool way. Your family of friends looks so fun, loved looking at all these pictures! Happy 2011!

    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now that looks like one very serious match of ping pong to me :) hahahaha great photos!
    I love your sweater :)

    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  31. that's so cool. johnny and i are planning a trip, and we don't know where yet. any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like heaps of fun. That last photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks like a lovely holiday. I'm jealous of the weather - it looks pretty nice - but then you guys have much nicer weather (read = warmer) we in Northern CA do.
    And, I wish you a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the last photo!! beautiful! cute sweater. happy new year! :)

    overdressedgirl

    ReplyDelete
  35. godDAMN you have some beautiful friends.

    and squeeze box? best name for an accordion, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your photo diary. Each shot captures the essence of your party so perfectly. And I love your outfit. Your shirt and sweater beautifully compliments each other.

    Have a lovely day. Look forward to hearing from you

    Love

    Tashrin from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks like you sent 2010 out in style.

    {oh, and I love your hat with ears}

    Happy 2011! Looking forward to enjoying all of your fashionable posts.
    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(