1.08.2011

Sea Legs

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Outfit: Sailor top: thrifted, Jumper: Old Navy, Knee high socks: H&M, tights: Target, loafers: thrifted
Photobucket
Photobucket
This jacket is actually a man's jacket but I think it's so great! Grant gifted it to me a few years ago, I think the color is what makes it so nice
Photobucket
Actual clouds in the sky!
Photobucket
Grant and I hazarded a trip to an Estate sale in Fountain Valley. Everything was super awesome but so, so expensive! The man who had lived in the house seemed like such a cool guy. He had lots of Native American artifacts, turquoise jewelry, mounted animal heads (not that hunting is cool or anything but it's startling to see so many mounted heads in a regular suburban tract home!), old hot rod racing memorabilia, a gramophone, cool tapestries etc. etc. etc.
Photobucket
He even had a Patty Hearst FBI wanted poster just hanging in his garage!






In other news...
After Christmas, Grant and I hung out with our friends Masi, Dave, Erin and Chris in Downtown Fullerton and ate and this crazy Italian restaurant called Angelo's and Vinci's. It seems like many Italian restaurants have a time honored tradition of plastering their walls will all sorts of knickknacks, posters, fake food, etc. but this place is insanity. I kept looking around  because my eyes couldn't focus on one spot! Oh, this place is also allegedly haunted and there is a set of stairs leading down to the basement that is advertised as the "game room" when in actuality it is a dark, scary clown dungeon! Good ambiance but not gonna lie, food is pretty mediocre (except for the Italian donuts!)
Photobucket
A dancing Panda to my left
Photobucket
This place has cathedral ceilings and there isn't one speck of wall space that isn't decorated
Photobucket
Erin showing off her new 'do! She cut off like 10 or so inches and she looks so great!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Chubby baby face contest pre- entree
Photobucket
Caricatures after dessert. Grant and I by Masi
Photobucket


Extra credit:
++ Check out my tumblr! It's pretty eclectic (if I do say so myself) and you might be into it! Milk Teeths'TUMBLR

++ Have you scoped my store? I have lots of vintage items priced from $7-$25, czech it: Shop Three Feathers Vintage

31 comments:

  1. I'm in complete love with the sailor top! Also, I was looking for ages to find the "jumper" before I realised that's what you call those sorts of dresses over there, haha.
    Pity that the food at that Italian place was mediocre, I LOVE pasta (especially creamy), and the decor is so funny there too.

    PS - I'm definitely following! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas looks amazing in there! I enjoyed looking at the photos, that outfit looks so adorable and might I say, I envy your long legs!! followed you on tumblr! Filipino Women represent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is absolutely DARLING!! And that restaurant looks insanely cool! I love how its decorated. Crazy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that dress, sooo cute!! :D :D
    And those photos from the dinner are so fun :D Too bad it wasn't really tasty.
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style! :) The caricatures are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sailor dress really suits you! And the color of those loafers are really nice! That restaurant looks insane and a bit freaky in a hoarding kind of way! Loved the caricature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww this makes me want to watch Shirley Temple movies. I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that photo of the clouds is unreal, great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute outfit, I love the nautical look!! I'm going to check out your tumbr right now.
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that little drawing on the take-out container ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm loving that jacket! it's just too cute. the color is amazing and would be fun to wear...

    and the picture on the 'to-go' container is so cute!! hah.. very talented

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is really cute! I love the whole sea feel to it =)
    Haha that cartoon of you and your boy is so adorable!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this outfit! soooo stinkin cute!! ^,^
    when's the La Bamba flea market?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your vintage dress.you look cute.and i'm already follow your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That jacket is lovely and the texture of the material looks very nice ;)
    cute outfits!
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man I love the jacket so much, it's the perfect oversized fit, plus it dresses everything down a bit which is something I'm always seeking to do but I (obviously) don't have the right jacket. The caricatures are cute too!

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your outfit is really amazing, I think it must be the closet rendition of a sailor style outfit without wearing a total sailor uniform that I have seen.

    That Italian cafe looks so freaking cool. I love their quirky decor and the food is always mouthwatering. :)

    Look forward to hearing from you

    Love

    Tashrin from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so cute in as a sailor girl.
    And a chubby face...hahaha :)))))

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Right, so this post basically encapulates everything I like about you... quirky vintage+occasional mannish style+ day trips + random fun... I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHAHAHA i love the drawing & how Grant has heart nipps! LOL!! :) Thank you so much for your comment :) I hope next semester will be as productive! :)

    love, polly

    p.s. love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that sailor top and the blue jacket. It is such a nice color. Oh and you win the chubby baby face contest hands down :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. As soon as my financial aid refund comes in, there are some cute things I want to by from your store! Oh and I love your chubby face, you get my vote haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your outfit! The panda is bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ashley,

    You looks so adorable in your sailor dress and socks! LOL at the chubby face contest!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loveee your sailor top!! pairing it with the dress adding the cuteness! :)

    overdressedgirl

    ReplyDelete
  26. Never been to an estate sale, they sound interesting! Loving the sailor look - it suits you :) And how adorable is that caricature!

    ReplyDelete
  27. you are so adorable and looks like a great time!!

    where exactly do you live in the states?

    with much love, abigail

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely love this outfit! The sailor blouse is perfection, I can never resist nautical clothes! I also love your little loafers, so cute! :)

    Love,
    Aya of Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  29. The dress and shoes are fabulous!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(