1.30.2011

These are a few of my favorite things (+ a new video!)

A random assortment of photos for you to peruse through today. I took some photos of a few odds and ends that I have lying around my room, so if you're feeling a touch voyeuristic come take a looksie!

Photobucket
The lamb guy that lives in my terrarium! He has a cat friend somewhere in there too but he's harder to take a photo of.

Photobucket
I have a massive stamp collection that has been passed down through family. This is just one of the books (there are three and besides the stamps in the books, thousands of old stamps are in wrinkly envelopes and glassine bags)
Photobucket
Old stamps came in the best colors. Seriously, though. I wouldn't mind having my room re-painted in any of these shades.
Photobucket
Holla at my Canadian pals
Photobucket
Philippines represent
Photobucket
Wuddup Australia
Photobucket
Amazing. And unused too!
Photobucket
I love how this Portuguese stamp has the circular inked stamp on top of it
Photobucket
Liberia
Photobucket
Grant and I will be painting the Old World red circa May of this year! Did you know that we're taking a month long vacay and hitting up Copenhagen, Berlin, Geneva, Rome, Sardinia, Paris, and London? And we're traveling with the most awesome people: The Templetons!
Photobucket
If you watch my vintage videos you might remember me saying how I found an old atlas. Well, I made some envelopes out of a few pages (much to Grant's dismay). Super easy to do, just grab an envelope you like, unfold it, trace it onto the paper you want to use, and glue it back up. Cinchy.



Photobucket
These bits of paper with interesting illustrations are the types of thing I add into the orders from my Etsy store. Since this little cut out had teeth on it, I thought it would be fitting to take a photo of since my blog is called Milk Teeths, after all. I will forever be annoyed that Milk Teeth was taken. The fact that the S is redundant and grammatically incorrect is never lost upon me. Oh well!
Photobucket
Ignore the glare. Here is a small shadow box that hangs in my room. And yes, my name is Ashley in case you were wondering. I go by SMASH whenever I leave comments because there are simply way too many people named Ashley and Smash is a nickname of mine. I will also add that I think i'm the only Ashley who can rightfully be nicknamed Smash because, well, I was smashed by a car walking across the street a year ago! So there! ;)

Moving on...
Photobucket 
Photobucket
Photobucket

So this is what I wear a good portion of the time. Cloth pants, a shirt, a cardigan, and beat up tennis shoes. I love being comfortable and I never like to look too made up unless the occasion calls for it.

Outfit details:
Pants: Volcom, thrifted
Cardigan: American Apparel, gift
Striped shirt: gift
Shoes: High top converse from my high school days

 And lastly...



A new YouTube video! This time i'm showing off some of my favorite finds of all time. On a related note, I need to figure out the lighting sitch so that the items don't get so blown out when I hold them up the camera! Lo siento!! Here are a few detail shots to make up for it...
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket


Extra Credit:
++ Enter my giveaway for a chance to win 25 dobbins to my vintage store. Three Feathers! ENTER HERE
++ Add my on tumblr! I just spent an hour updating my queue and it's got some good stuff on it. If you like: Karen Elson, Jack White, 1960s musicians, Kurt Cobain, cute animals, old anatomy sketches,   the requisite personal style photos,  and basically all things awesome and aesthetically pleasing take a peak at my TUMBLR

35 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love all your Etsy finds! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little picture of the flapper woman is so adorable! love your haul vids, too. the red lipstick with the casual outfit is nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo fun!! That stamp collection is awesome! :D
    I am sooo jealous of your month long trip!! I want to do that :(
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Liberia stamp is the best :) I love that creature, whatever it is. And that's great to hear about your trip! I'm super jealous and excited for you. Also you kind of look made up int whatever you wear because you just have that kind of face, you lucky thing!

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stamp collection is SO impressive. Especially how it's been handed on. The nostalgia just seeps through the stamps. Beauty!


    hope to hear from you*!
    flyingakite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip sounds awesome!! I did a 6.5 week European backpacking trip (two years ago in May) & it was a highlight of my life for sure. Are you guys going to Prague?? There is some great Art Deco stuff there & the Cubism museum is aaamazing. If you haven't been already I think you'd love it!! There's a cafe @ the top of the Cubism museum that is the same color as the gorgeous beaded top you have. : ) Art Deco/20s is my favorite design era for sure.

    Anyways, I loved your video like always (awesome finds!) and I drooled over that stamp collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your grunge look. so chill.

    Escape

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for answering my question regarding height:) Love seeing the pics from your room. And those atlas envelopes are great. I have a friend who always sends me the best letters in handmade/recycled envelopes, and I need to make some more too! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I would also love to travel to Copenhagen, Berlin, Stockholm too. I've been to the other places you mentioned, but I'd go back in a heartbeat. Any excuse to travel to Europe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool stuff :)
    I love Your videos.

    Tell me, what did You study? Do You work now? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow so many stamps! so cool!
    and your outfit grungy and relaxed, i love it!

    your videos are the best!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. girlgirl! i love that mustard cardigan! what if we do a swap for it? alsooo... i'm waiting on your penpal package :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first photo with the sheepy!! I'm glad you got a good photo of him :D the flowery Love stamps are super sweet too!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is so much fabulousness in this post, I don't even know where to begin!!

    First, I'm envious about your upcoming vacation! How unbelievably fantastic! It sounds amazing. Lucky girl! ;)

    I love your lipstick. I swear you should model for Revlon or something. You have the most perfect lips for red. Again, envious. LOL!

    Fab post. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is that one of the old globes with the USSR still on it? I love those.

    I never really buy knick-knacks as I simply can't haul them around with me, which I think is how I got in the clothes shopping rut. Getting out though. ; )

    Re: the stamps: Holla back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh! I love the lamb in the aquarium. and nice touch with those maps envelopes. Makes me want a pen pal stat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow! I was over whelmed when I saw your stamp collection! Now that is what you call treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First off, your upcoming trip sounds absolutely amazing! Second, I can't believe you got smashed by a car, how frightening. Third, your outfit of the day is adorable, those pants are great, you are the thrifting guru seriously

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a good post!!! love all these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that stamp collection. I'd like to start a collection of some kind.

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your videos are always such fun!
    The yellow raised(!) globe is just brilliant :) Sooo smitten. And the little flapper girl is just lovely. I like to put little trinkets on top of my picture frames too :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow those are great. I used to collect stamps. I still have all that I had collected but I haven't collected anything new since 1997.

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are so cute. i love those stamps. and that's crazy that you were smashed by a car... and i've always wondered where smash came from. it's a cute nickname.

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow you have a stamp collection?! I used to have one when I was younger, no more though. Love that vintage blouse too, perfect colour and perfect amount of sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love 'vlogs' I always find other people's accents so interesting and your is no different
    envelopes = genuis by the way :)

    http://teapothonor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is an awesome collection of stamps. I used to do this as a hobby a long time ago but nothing like your collection

    ReplyDelete
  26. those floral love stamps are so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh MY GOD. that blue beaded blouse is AMAZINGGG! quit having such an effortlessly cool style that i am so jealous of! teach me your ways! ;D

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved your video so much! You have such a good eye for finding things :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the stampss!!! I used to collect stamps too. But I forget where did I leave them><

    Love the terrarium too. the lamb is sooo cute!

    Cheers,
    Dreamy Princess

    ReplyDelete
  30. These photographs are just stunning! Great pieces x

    ReplyDelete
  31. whoa, that's cool that your boyfriend is a pro-skateboarder! haha and it's very interesting to know that lots of people walk their dogs like that. anyway, what a cute video!! i love the part with the globe (:

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the stamp book. Have fun your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  33. so jealous of all your maps and that sweet little lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is a badass stamp collection, if I've ever seen one. And I thought my I Love Lucy stamps were awesome, haha!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(