2.09.2011

Bankrupt on Selling

I thought I'd do everyone a favor by giving the beach photos a rest...for now. Don't get too comfortable though, there are pllleeennnttyyy more to come!

Over the weekend Grant and I met up with none other than my girl Beatrice from Dear Beatrice at a flea market near my house! If any of you have met your blogger buddies in real life, there is always that thought of, "Please let them be normal. Please let them not be hideously annoying. Please let this not be awkward, etc.", luckily for me Beatrice is my kinda lady and we laughed and gabbed like old pals when we met up. I didn't end up buying anything but Beatrice bought the best micro mosaic pendent...which I forgot to take a picture of.  We kept trying to find the $1 jewelry tables but there were only a few and many of them were trying to pawn off those Mardi Gras beads as jewelry....please. Grant kept his eyes peeled for wooden record crates but the ones we found must have been from like the turn of the century because they were asking an arm and a leg for them. What do you all look out for when you go to flea markets?


Photobucket
I wish places still gave out stickers like these!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Some sort of whimsical fantasy needlepoint
Photobucket
I had to take a photo since it reminded me so much of my favorite pup, Winslow!
Photobucket

Well, well, well...here's a photo of Beatice and I. Doesn't she look like a doll?


And...


Me as Prince from last Halloween. Grant got some rolls of film he developed back and this was on there. Not sure why I look so bummed, but then again, Prince always makes the best "I'm-unimpressed-with-this-and-slightly-disgusted" faces (Example) so this is probably right in line with that.


Extra Credit:
++ Follow me on tumblr! I just added a bunch of stuff to my queue :) Find me at MILK TEETHS

28 comments:

  1. Haha I wouldn't have recognised you, you look fantastic as Prince :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love your costume you do look kinda like him there :p I love a good flea market, I usually try and find a cheap clothing stall (but that usually means bad quality), or old cameras or bags.. I love all those stickers, it seems sort of romantic and old fashioned but it would be cool if they were still around so you could stick them on your luggage! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of you as prince, its freaking AMAZING!!!! he walked into my friends office once and probably had that unamused face on, she said he looked totally normal, only famous haha.
    I love dear beatrice's blog! I've never done a blogger meetup, but I wish I could.
    At flea markets, hair clips, weird pendants, UNICORN STUFF! I love that unicorn yarn-needlepoint thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, you as Prince is hilarious! I wish we celebrated Halloween in South Africa. I'd love to dress up every year.

    Both of you bloggers look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that's an awesome costume. You look great!

    Also, I love those stickers--- if they still gave them out, I'd collect them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you both had a wonderful time! Would you believe, I've never actually been to a flea market? But if they all have framed unicorn needlepoint artwork, I'M THERE!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI!! you have a great blog!! congrats!

    now, I´, following from Argentina!

    kisses

    http://lasrayasnoestilizan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH THAT UNICORN EMBROIDERY! I would have bought that in an instant, i love it! Great post!
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always smile when I think of your Prince outfit!! oh goodness. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are absolutely fantastic. I can't believe you dressed up as Prince - genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I met some my blog followers and it was great. Some of them are my friends now.

    Flea markets are not to common in Poland. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so cool that you've met another blogger! Flea markets can be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you're normal too ^,~ hehe. next up that la bamba place you were telling me about!! I had a blast! and how random is that photo of prince... I mean you dressed up as prince, hahaha ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  14. That unicorn is so awesome. If Napoleon Dynamite did needlepoint.. ;)

    Looks like you two had a great day.

    I guess I like oddities best. That unicorn would sure have been tempting to take home. I also watch out for books and as soon as you mentioned those abnormal bloggers I'll have to own up to my doll parts colleciton. Brooches and cameras too though. I am not exclusively a crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The unicorn is so cool. You make a great Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  16. :) You both look awesome!
    Eeep and I love the unicorn picture ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha I remember that Prince costume! Brilliant. Just brilliant. :)

    How fun you got to meet a blogging buddy and go flea market shopping!! You girls look adorable! I have only met blogging friends twice and they have both become super close to me. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a bunch of those antique travel stickers. They're awesome. And I know someone who would flip for that unicorn embroidery piece! Again, you look amazing as Prince. I don't think your costume could be any better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Please let them be normal. Please let them not be hideously annoying. Please let this not be awkward, etc."

    AMEN! I recently met one of my blogger-friends in real life and was so afraid it would be uncomfortable. Luckily, it wasn't!

    ps: You as Prince= GOLD.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahah you are such a legend for dressing up as Prince, most girls in this country just dress in as little as possible for Halloween. I wish we were as nuts about it as people in the States are. And HEY I've got a jewelry idea you might like, I got my old typewriter out and forced it to make some little notes that I put in bottles (example) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=353896702
    I have other stuff I make but if you have some sort of quote that you hold dear to you I thought it could be a good idea for my gift.

    Let me know!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm trying so hard not to laugh out loud (I'm in public) at the photo of you as Prince, but it's so funny! :) You and Beatrice look so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. BAHAHAHAHA YOU MAKE THE BEST PRINCE EVER!!!! Thank you SO much for posting that photo. You made my day.

    Also, love all the photos. You & Beatrice look lovely, and that needlepoint is nothing short of fantastic. I adoore the wall of stickers. I try to buy stickers like that wherever I can to slap on my sax case. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha, i met a blogger last weekend and she was a total sweetheart, but I know the worry that they might be a little strange! lol. LOVE you as prince by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(