2.06.2011

Hot and Cold (and a new video!)

So I have a bit of a backlog of photos taken at the beach. Here are two sets, one taken on a sunny day in Huntington Beach and one taken on an overcast day in Newport. For someone who hangs out by the beach a lot, I actually never really go in the water...I just like looking at it! This probably has something to do with the fact that I can't swim very well (unless you count doggy paddling, that is) and hate cold water. I do, however, like beach combing and can happily spend hours looking for beach glass or pretty pebbles. One of these days I need to get over to Fort Bragg which has a beach made out of sea glass...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
this is what happens when you go fly a kite
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
aw, beanie babies!
Outfit details:
Levi's jean jacket: thrifted
Striped shirt: gift from my ma
Kerchief: thrifted
Jeans: Levi's
Converse high tops from a million years ago
Cat eye sunglasses: borrowed from Grant
Knit beanie: thrift store (a thrift store by my house used to have someone knit beanies to sell at the store! Too bad they don't do it anymore)


Photobucket
Photobucket
It was so hard for me to not look cold
Photobucket
Birds love chips, fact.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Outfit Details:
Cardigan: thrifted
blouse: thrifted and altered (sleeves and shoulder pads removed)
Jeans: Levi's
Boots: Target

After the beach I had to take photos of stuff for my Etsy store which is why I look gussied up all of a sudden, I wanted to take a few proper snap shots of my outfit!

And lastly...


A video! This week Grant graces the internet with his presence and I show off some of our finds! Lots of records, my favorites shoes and dresses, and the best blue cardigan with owl buttons (that happens to belong to Grant, hrmph!).



Also, I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me a vote for that Refinery 29 contest! My mind remains boggled by how plain nice everyone is and I continue to be floored by all the support and well wishing! If any of you needed my help with something please know that all you have to do is ask :)

Extra credit:
++ If you still want to add your vote there's still time! Voting ends Thursday. Just click here http://styleblogger.refinery29.com/?sort=votes, find my photo, and click on the little heart!

++ Wanna score some merch from my vintage store? Here's a chance to win $25 to Three Feathers Vintage! Enter HERE

27 comments:

  1. cool outfit. your boyfriend looks alottt like Kurt Cobain. lucky girl you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos! I don't live near a beach so whenever I go near the sea I feel as excited as when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two make such a gorgeous couple!! :O Love the video :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my vote. :)

    It is nice to see Grat at Your video.
    I don't like when my guy peeking my blog, because he doesn't understand why I'm doing this.

    I love water. I love to swim. I live by the sea. I can't live anywhere else.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. I was wondering what lipstick you are wearing? The dark red one? I love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pics as always. Love your thrifted and altered top. I really love how you put your outfits together!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the beach, so naturally i LOVE all the pictures. Youu look great :D

    www.style-fiesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful top, I love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blouse you are wearing in the second set of photos is particularly stunning. Great finds in the video too :)

    Have a great start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfits and photos! And I'm the same way...I don't really enjoy cold water that much...but I go in the water a few times a year at the beach XD I love walking more

    HI GRANT! haha that was fun :) I want that owl button cardigan...
    and I wear bike shorts under dresses and skirts too when I don't have tights on!! I thought I was the only one.
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. if only real lifeguards dressed as nicely as you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pics of you on the lifeguard stand are SO COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your shirt in the later photos. I aslo really liked your video again and it reminds me I haven't been truely thrifting in a while :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. you are the prettiest
    2. can I come hang out at the beach with you? these photos are making me nostalgic!!!
    3. chuck taylors have never looked so good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post and your blog!!! I am an LA Etsy vintage seller too...Much success for 2011!!!
    XXX to you! Emily from EL Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brr, that beach look kinda chilly. Jealous of your thrift store finds, especially Grant's new cardigan. I've never quite understood why boys and girls stuff buttons on opposite sides... I guess cos we're not smart enough to know which is which otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha your comments are always great :) so thanks! You and your boy are pretty darn cute, seriously both of you guys should be models. I love that you faced the cold, because the photos came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha. That kite pic made me laugh. Great finds at the Good Will. I especially liked the blue cardigan w/ the owl buttons and Bowie, of course. I also always wear something under short skirts/dresses. Like you, I'm kinda tall, and a lot of dresses these days are SHORT. I'll be glad when hem lines get a little longer again. Tell Grant the internet says "Hi" back :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such gorgeous photos! I love going to the beach too and combing it for pretty pebbles and shells! I am loving the summer weather we're having in LA; hope you're enjoying it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. PS. Adore your blog- following now xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful collar on that blouse! And I love cat books too, I bought one myself but it was published in the early 80s so a bunch of recognized breeds today aren't in it. I'm pretty obsessed. And I'm jealous of all the David Bowie finds, Diamond Dogs sure is a great album.

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like both outfits! and i love the collar on your blouse. so pretty!!!

    I can't wait to go back to LA this summer!!!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. aww beanie babies for the win! you both look so perfect and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great shots. You make me wanna go to the beach so bad!

    Hreat video w/great stuff as usual- way too many awesome bowie records. I also love how Grant made an appearance, even if it was just for a second. (:

    ReplyDelete
  26. you look sooo cool! and all of these pictures re so pretty by the beach. in response to your last comment: haha no, i was not really that cold. i don't get cold very easily at all! it's kind of weird, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  27. p.s. i am defffinitely following you, i have quickly fallen in love with your blog (:

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(