2.11.2011

Ocean Breathes Salty

The barrage of beach photos continues...

Photobucket

Some lazy layering was my go to for the day. In the spirit of full self disclosure: I sleep in that striped shirt all the time. I think it's even supposed to be a sleep shirt but I wear it out a lot, I mean why not?  Some mornings I'm just way too lazy (and too comfortable!) to find something else to wear so I usually just keep piling on clothing until I'm satisfied that I have made a presentable outfit for the day.

Photobucket
If inspiration strikes you just have to run with it. Stop what you're doing, whip that iPhone out, and bask in the glory of the setting sun over the Pacific.  On a related note: do any of you make friends stand by someone you want to take a picture of to make it seem like you're taking a picture of said friend rather than creeping hard on a stranger? Welcome to Basic Lurking: An Introduction.

Photobucket
Details, details.  This necklace is surprisingly really light.

Photobucket
I'm such a sucker for a fluttery sleeve. Tank tops and cap sleeves, however, are my mortal enemies.

Photobucket
A nice perch in HB to watch the ocean. Luckily the drum circle wasn't going on...

Photobucket
Grant's kit: a Starbuck and his trusty camera.  It's funny, you see a lot of fashion bloggers who just so happen to have photographer boyfriend who can take photos of them with their fancy schmancy DSLRs. Well, I too have a photographer boyfriend....who strictly shoots film. I wouldn't have it any other way though. If you ever wondered, my blog banner is a photo he took at the OC fair a few years ago (one of my favorites), check out his work if you're interested

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
On this day there were so many photoshoots going on under the pier. Grant masterfully captured what I can only assume to be a gay engagement photo sesh (I'm backin it) on the right, and some album shots for a guy who probably sounds or tries to sound a lot like Jack Johnson on the left.

Photobucket

Grant seen pontificating over the mysteries of life while a saxophone plays in the background. Pure class.

Outfit Details:
Oversized knit cardigan: Buy it from me HERE 
Striped shirt: from my ma
Blue flutter sleeve blouse: H&M from when H&M was only in NY aka a longggg time ago
Volcom pants via a thrift store
Gold necklace: thrifted
Mocs: from my ma
sunglasses: thrifted


Extra Credit:
++ Tumbl along with me! MILK TEETHS

30 comments:

  1. i need to live by the ocean. The weather looks so nice over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyy no invite for me to go thrifting with y'all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You boyfriend is really talented :)
    My is totally useless in photograph. :)
    I usually get mad when he takes photos of me. He never goes with my idea. :)))

    "It Never Rains In Southern California". Is this true? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it is awesome that there has to be a beach curfew. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I do the "don't look at me I am only taking a photo of my friend here" and then pulling the camera sideways sneakily thing. Although when you have a top down viewfinder it is even easier: Then you can just pretend to be fiddling with your camera and nobody will even expect you're taking photos.

    I am loving all the photoshoot photos :) - also crazy about your fluttery top. That colour and those ruffles are to die for and it is the perfect partner for your stripey top.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots as usual. I totally do the pose-friend-next-to-stranger trick. It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. im a big fan of flutter sleeves too! love the photos! xx

    www.christie86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun, I love these photos! and HAHA!! I totally do that when I want to get a picture of someone doing/wearing something weird....sooooo funny
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god, the gay wedding/folk singer photo shoot under the pier made me laugh so hard. And I totally did the thing where you make your friend stand by a freak you want to capture forever on film in my middle school days. Good times. In DC we get a lot of people posing lewdly in front of the Washington Monument. You know, making it look like they're "really excited" to be in DC, or that they're flipping off the camera with the monument as the middle finger. I remember kids doing that when I came here on a school trip in 6th grade, and I still see people doing it now. Some jokes are eternal, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sea blue top of yours is so cute! I love the sleeves.

    That gay engagement photo sesh looks adorable! And I wish I had a photographer bf - my bf is hopeless as a photographer. I either have to self-time or ask a friend.

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. god I love this song so much! I Pandora'd Modest Mouse and thankfully the song from your title came on first.

    god I wish I didn't live in the shitty midwest and we could people watch and thrift all day.

    loving your blog, little lady! I want to buy your outfits and things all the time...I have your shop bookmarked and I can't wait to get some scrilla and throw some dolla dolla bills yo way so I can be all cute and stylish like you

    hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog and your pics!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! It feels like summer in them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found your blog through Felicia's. Love your style. :) And I see we live in the same city!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pictures!! And yes, I do the whole 'just taking a photo of my friend' trick all the time.
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  16. i bought my ae-1 back in '04 for $50! the only camera i own.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that flutter sleeve top is really pretty and I'm liking your sunglasses too, but the second picture + the pier photo made this post for me, those are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the photos, and your layering is so well done! :)

    www.style-fiesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lulz, so many Jack Johnson try-hards (I think even Jack Johnson tries hard to be himself)
    I'm also a sucker for floaty sleeves and your top is lovely. I manage to get Laf to take plenty of photos for me when we are out and about but I have this complex about me looking disgusting outdoors without a flash. Somehow my nose always looks twice the size. But you make me jealous with your proportionate outdoor face.

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pics, this pier looks so much like one we have in Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, awesome! I´ve been known to wear my sleep shirt out too (I think it´s supposed to be long underwear). I love that long-shot picture with the pier in the background, just beautiful!

    No schmancy DSLR in my family either, though the bf has been getting so into shooting my pictures that it might be on the horizon. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this outfit. Brilliant layering. That necklace is gorgeous as well. I love the sunset vibe in these photos. They are absolutely STUNNING. And I must say, you and your boyfriend are an extremely good looking couple. I may have said this before (lots of times) but my gosh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such an eye for detail. I featured you on my blog today as my "favorite thrifter!"

    xMILLIE
    http://saysmillie12.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. wonderful pictures! you look amazing!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. So much happening at that pier. It why I'd love to stay by the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the color of your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOw wonderful pictures, looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love this post and love the title! you are gorgeous as always girlfriend!! xo

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(