2.23.2011

Three Feathers Thursdays

So it's technically not Thursday on the West coast yet but the early bird gets the worm so I thought I'd post up my finds for the week. I'd say they're some of my best yet. People always wonder how I'm able to part with lots of the great pieces I find and I suppose Wu Tang Clan said it best: Cash Rules Everything Around Me (dolla dolla bill y'all).

Yep, when you need the money keeping that little 1960s mini dress with the peter pan collar just because it's soooo cute really isn't an option. At least not for this lady!

Anyway, enough yapping here are some new items for this week...

Photobucket
Photobucket

1960s clover and ivory mini dress with floral velvet trim S (HERE)

Photobucket

1950s-60s navy blue pure wool cable knit cardigan XS-S (HERE)

Photobucket

1970s cocoa and ivory strappy sundress with full pleated skirt M (HERE)

Photobucket
Photobucket

1970s polka dot navy blue and cream sleeveless sun dress with oversized collar and smocked bodice S-M (HERE)

Photobucket
Photobucket

1960s faded yellow with tiny floral print high waist  A-line skirt with ruffled pockets XS-S (HERE)

Photobucket

1950s soft yellow with abstract leaf print, short sleeve, and full pleated skirt day dress L (HERE)


Photobucket
Photobucket

1960s semi-sheer dress with multi colored embroidery and butterfly sleeves S-M (HERE)


In other news, I just wrapped up filming with Refinery 29 the other day and man, was it fun! Hanging out, or should I say "filming", with Randy and Jason was so nice and totally not scary or nerve wracking at all. I think the short film comes out the second week of March and you bet your bottom dollar that I'll be posting it up over hurrr. For all you non-Southern Californians you're in for a treat, that's for certain...


P.S.
A few weeks ago 8tracks (that amazing site that lets you make digital mixes to share with people) contacted me so that I could share a favorite song for a little style blogger mix they had in the works and who could say no to that? I chose Built to Spill's, "Goin' Against Your Mind" as my contribution because, uh, it rules? Take a listen to the mix if you're curious right HERE

22 comments:

  1. Those first & last dress are stunning, if they were in my size I'd be snapping them up right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ivory and clover dress is out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love the pink polka dot dress! gorgeous!

    Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. The twin-effect is awesome!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh the last one makes my heart glow with happiness haha. I think everything looks so good on you because you are tall (I'm burning with envy)
    And YES I got my candy, it's just as amazing as I remember. I'm still waiting on some supplies to make your necklace but I'll let you know as soon as it's done!
    And regarding the earthquake, I'm all fine and everything (didn't even feel it to be honest) but I've got 6 family members down there who are trying to get out! It's pretty stressful but I know they're ok and that the worst is over. Thanks for the concern though, you're sweet <3

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, you find such amazing stuff!! If I wasn't on a total shopping ban (no fun being in your overdraft) I would seriously consider the first dress or the polka dot sleeveless one.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff as always. :) Navy blue cardigan rules!!! :)

    OF COURSE Stings The Police times counts!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDD
    I mostly love more unknown songs : Tee in the Sahara, De do do do, Peanut, Dont stand so close to me, maybe Every little thing...It is hard to make up my mind. :)))) Sting best song as a solist? Shape of my heart, Fields of Gold, but live is the best - in every his songs. :P

    I was on The Police concert two years ago. Band had the 30rd anniversary of creaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the first dress are great!

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those are some really lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Those are amazing finds. :)
    Perfect stuff I read this during lunch break. I could do with some music.. :) I hadn't come across Built to Spill at all so thanks for adding some variety to my musical life :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all just so lovely and really suit you. You look fantastic in all the pieces.

    Good luck with The Next Big Style Blogger comp.

    Miss Bias
    www.missbias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohmygoodness that clover and ivory dress is perfect. what an amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be a disaster at parting with stuff, but I know what you mean about cash... if I had anything sellable right now I would sooo be hawking it on ebay. Plus I guess you get to wear stuff at least once before it goes right? ; )

    Congrats on the film crew... all the best style bloggers seem to have their own documentary these days! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these are my favorite pieces you've added to your shop yet. All this stuff for you with Refinery 29 is so freakin' cool. You really deserve it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, I had no idea that "milk teeth" was a term for baby teeth. So I suppose the Milk Teeth Vintage Shop is fine since your shop is titled Three Feathers Vintage. I don't know why, but I feel much better about that now!


    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your loafers!! you have some really great pieces in you shop. if i had shopping money, i would totally buy the cocoa 70's dress! woe is me... ):

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all gorgeous, but that last dress is particularly stunning on YOU. Omg. If I looked that good in a dress, I would NEVER take it off! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to see the video!

    Your vintage finds are as excellent as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the first dress!
    Found you via R29
    Super congratz and super goodluck to you!!!

    Excited to see the video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ♥ all the pieces you have here.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(