2.21.2011

Twofer

A mish mash of photos from Valentine's Day and before.



Photobucket
Before we went out to dinner, Grant and I took a leisurely stroll around the HB Pier. There were lots of folks out and about, canoodling and doing their Vday thing. This is just a small glimpse into how many people were writing in the sand! It was fun to read their messages.

Photobucket
This dog!!! Okay, no joke, there was a crowd of at least 15 people around this dog feverishly snapping photos and cell phone video. I was one of them.

Photobucket
An outfit snap before we headed out to Memphis in Santa Ana. I requested down home (or at least as down home you can get in Southern California...) Southern food and that's what we ate. They have the best fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and collard greens which is what I got.

Photobucket

Outfit Details:
Red lace dress: thrifted
Stockings: Target
Moccasins: Michael Kors, a gift from my ma


And a second outfit...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Outfit Details:
Cardigan: thrifted
blouse: thrifted
Pants: thrifted
Socks: Target
Shoes: Thrifted

A lot of people hate on high waist pants but I love them! They're especially great if you have a third trimester food baby setting up shop in your stomach. I find that the waist doesn't cut into your  belly as much giving said food baby ample room to do its thing. Spoken from experience.


Also, I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who liked my little literary fashion stories! I think I will make it a feature so be sure to check back for my interpretation of some other characters. Suggestions are more than welcomed :-)

AND I know I've been slllaaaccckkkiiinnnggg on checking up on all the amazing blogs you all have (I'm sorry!!), it's been a busy weekend and it's only getting busier. I WILL find the time, dangit!

Off to get myself ready, the Refinery 29 people are coming in a few hours to film me doing my thing, OC style.  We'll see how I come out of it ;-)

32 comments:

  1. Hee hee hee. That dog is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfits are lovely! The sand writing photo is amazing too :D
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a cute doggy!! And I lve both your outfits! I don't like high waisted pants on myself but love them on other people, haha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your doggie so cute! you look great in your red dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sand writing is awesome. And I love that red lace dress! It looks so lovely on you. And haha, I totally agree on the high-waisted pants thing. You pull off menswear looks so perfectly. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loove your pretty red dress. You chose the best meal ever IMO. Love your high-waisters too. I love having a high rise for the food babies. makes things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress. Definitely more than suitable for valentine's day!
    I've been trying to work up the courage to wear some high waisted pants on a regular basis, but I just can't bring myself to for some reason. Still mentally trying though!
    Refinery 29 people coming to film you? Someone's a big deal! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so cute that so many people were writing in the sand for valentine's day. aw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The writings in the sand are just awesome :) That's the sweetest valentines day picture I've seen yet.

    Your dress is breathtaking and I love those high-waisted trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your pictures!!!!!!!!!!! so awesome! and that red dress is amazing!
    i've been trying to get some high waist pants--i know what you mean about food babies haha

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love you valentines day dress! so pretty! xx

    xx christie

    www.christie86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. can't wait to see the refinery business, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Valentines dress is just lovely, and I like how you un-glammed the occasion with down home food.

    I just got back from holiday, and noticed I had over 400 unread blog posts. Eeek...

    ReplyDelete
  14. it must be so nice to be living near the sea, :< it has been like 9 years 11 years since the last time I went to the beach, no kidding! ._. and you look divine in that red dress, and your stockings! super love <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww, haha the sand messages are cute. i love your second outfit A TON! and that puppy just stole my heart

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your red lace dress. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahaha the little dog just made me laugh. That red Valentine's dress is amazing! So pretty - I wore something kind of like it, we must have great taste :) I LOVE high waisted pants as well, they give me a little different attitude when I have them on. Cute outfits as usual, dear !!

    Courtney xoxo
    www.stickylipgloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. High waisted pants rock! I find them so much more flattering than normal ones. It looks like that dog can walk on two legs? So he is both amazingly cute and talented?
    Lovely dress too, very valentines-y.
    I found a heart shaped leaf on Valentines, it was quite sweet but we don't usually bother with the day. (Though I secretly wish we did :D)

    Charlotte from ALL TOMORROW’S PARTIES

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dog is awesome! Love your red dress and the 2nd outfit is very grandpa chic, I think. I love me some grandpa clothes.
    I don't really love high-waisted pants, but I don't hate them either. I just prefer lower waisted pants, but not ass-crack bearing low. That's not a good look on anyone.
    I'm with you on the food baby thing. People think skinny minnies don't have to worry about that sort of thing, but we do. We do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yeah, and good luck with all the Refinery 29 stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE YOUR SLACKS! I love that they're kind of high-waters, but not as tacky. I remember being so ashamed of my jeans when they were too short because I was going thru my growth spurt. I didn't even look half as cute as you do w/ those pants!

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  22. love that red dress - would be perfect for valentines!

    i tried some pants on the weekend but they made me look too boxy. you're lucky you pull them off x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your red dress is stunning ! Love :)

    www.style-fiesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so beautiful in red dress and so sweet (like lost little girl) it thoes pants amd oversize cardigan. :)
    Good luck with the Renifery 29. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not much of a red wearer but that is a KILLER red dress. Swwooooon. x hivennn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your red dress is too precious! The writing in the sand is too sweet! Good luck with the Refinery 29 thing. I've seen some of your YouTube videos so I know you'll do well!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow the first photo is super cool. That one and the doggy one (hehe) look professional!! And your red dress is absolutely GORGEOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That red lace dress is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. two very different but very beautiful outfits indeed! you always look great. I want to see more of that awesome red dress though!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love both outfits especially the 2nd, you look great!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(