3.23.2011

The Man Who Sold The World

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Outfit Details:
Camel and navy blue striped wool pullover sweater: thrifted
1970s surf tee: thrifted
Wide legged jeans: Old Navy a few years ago
Kork-Ease platform sandals: thrifted

Wide legged pants are making a comeback (like they do every few years) and I'm excited since it means I can bust out the pair I bought at Old Navy 3-4 years ago.  I threw on an old vintage tee (I have so many, it's getting crazy. I should do a post just showing off all the cool graphics on them...) from the '70s and a striped wool pullover. This pullover used to be oversized on me but it was washed and well, it shrunk. Whoops. I think it still looks good though!

I included a photo of my face to show my fancy makeup application skills. Well, they're not really fancy but getting that cat eye down took a long time. As you can see, it's really just a thin isosceles triangle.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I suppose the meat of this whole blog post is to show off these Kork-Ease sandals that I thrifted, in brand new condition (crazy times). I would say these are the tallest pair of shoes that I own and it was a little strange walking in them at first since I'm so used to walking in shoes that are flesh to the ground. I' They're pretty comfortable, surprisingly light, and I'm excited to wear them this spring! This has probably been my most convenient thrift time as of late since I was willing shell out some moolah on a pair of ankle strap wedge platforms but $6 beats $130 anyday ;-)

What's the best thrifted item you've found lately?

23 comments:

  1. wow you look amazing as always!
    I like winged eyes you do so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. i have a pair EXACTLY like that and i got them for like $20 and i thought that was pretty awesome. you just got the deal of a LIFETIME!! i never wear heels because they hurt my feet. i can wear my kork ease all day long. i love them!!! hope you love yours just as much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the bold lip on you with the liner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!
    I love finding awesome shoes at thrift stores and yours are really nice!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to learn to do this cat's eye thing, but I never was all that good at math! ; )

    They do trot wide-leg trousers out quite a bit, but I'm personally pretty stoked with the return of flares. Yeahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you really do find the most amazing things from your thrifting adventures. I love those sandals and your jeans. Scratch that, I love the whole outfit. 70s look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps it's because of the close-up, but I've never noticed your make up before. I love your lipstick! It looks amazing on you. And that t-shirt w/ rolled up sleeves tucked into those jeans look really reminds me of greasers - those guys who ride motorbikes w/ leather jackets all day. It always makes someone look 50% cooler when they are styled that way!

    xo Sherrie

    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so pretty.
    You shold be a model. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so great in wide-legged pants! I don't know if I can give up my skinny jeans just yet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great find! And they look like they're in such great condition, too! :o

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those shoes!! They are so cool! And I want that sweater! haha :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg, I can't believe you found those kork ease while thrifting!!! jackpot!! take me thrifting with you next time girl!! you always find amazing stuff ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  13. simplicity is beauty indeed! and i adore your shoes! I wish I can find some treasures in the thrift shops here, too xD

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look stunning in those pants! I am so glad wide-leg trousers are making a comeback . . . i recently purchased a pair of lacy, white bellbottoms, which I never thought I would be able to do!
    lovely post, by the way. You are such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what groovy outfits! i love them so much! great job. You're beautiful! I adore your shirt in the later shots here. those pants are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. these jeans look so good on you. i love that they are from old navy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wide-legged pants are always in style as far as I'm concerned. Cute outfit:)

    Haven't thrifted anything lately because all the real thrift stores seem to be out in the suburbs (i.e. not accessible by metro), and we don't have a car. I could probably get there by taking a few buses, but I'm lazy. Sigh, the woes of city living. The stores in the city are mostly vintage (overpriced), resale, or commission. Though sometimes I can still find good stuff. I mostly live vicariously through bloggers who thrift and post pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your shirt is super cool! old navy makes great jeans for cheap! super deal on the shoes. I have platforms too that I wear a lot. I got them for under ten as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your eye-make up! I struggle so badly with the cat eyes. I only play around with that look when I'm at home since I'm not brave enough to wear it out yet. It just never seems perfect!

    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome find! Those sandals look great :) A t-shirt graphics post sounds awesome to me :D and your sweater looks perfectly sized :)

    Totally impressed with your make-up. You'll never see my eye liner attempts. A three year old could most probably out-do me but yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, that striped sweater is awesome. And with the red lips. For me red lips are a go-to accessory. They can take a simple chic outfit and really kick things up a notch.

    And I agree with the eye make-up comments. I don't even own eyeliner since I have no skills, but you did a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(