3.02.2011

Rural Juror

Right now I am making an update while at JURY DUTY (cue the womp womps). So far I'm the youngest person in the room by several decades but that's cool. I'm hiding out in a study cubicle on the periphery of the room, desperately trying to drown out the instructional message that is being played on loop by listening to some Doors (LA Woman if you're curious).

Anyway, here are a few photos from yesterday taken at, you guessed it, Huntington Beach. My outfit is nothing ground breaking, just something comfortable to wear to work while I'm still a sicklette.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Buttons on a piece of hemp, my craftiness knows no bounds.

Outfit Details:
Jacket: Zara
Thermal: Target
Jeans: Levi's
Socks: F21
Shoes: Keds, thrifted
Sunglasses: thrifted


Sneaky Peeky

Photobucket

A little '60s dress I will be putting up in the shop, I needed to tuck in the lining a little more up top but you get it ;) I should have an update ready for Friday!


In other news:
Photobucket

A cute thing Grant wrote when he was in 1st grade, it reads:

"My name is Grant Hatfield. My name is special because it means GREAT ONE. I was born in Fountain Valley on October 23. A long time ago I had teeny red hair, little feet,  and diapers on. I had a happy smile! My best birthday was the 5th birthday of mine in October 1991 when I got all the presents and hit the pinata. If I could have anything I wanted for my birthday it would be a remote control race set I could play with all day. The best age to be would be 11 or 10 because all the older kids think I'm small now and they won't let me play with anything." 



P.S.
Photobucket


Over the weekend my friend Chelsea and I went to StickiPicki to have our way with the asian photo booths. I have an obsession with these photobooths, I have like 8-9 other sticker sets from times I've gone with different people, maybe I'll post them up one day. But yes, the photobooth directions usually aren't in English so it's a gamble trying to choose the types of picture you'd like. This place is cool because they have a prop center so you can choose the appropriate piece of millinery to suit your mood or the occasion. 






Also, don't forget to vote for me for the Refinery 29 Search for The Next Style Blogger contest! My profile is linked on the right at the very top. Thank you :D

29 comments:

  1. Love this!! hehe :D
    Your outfit is awesome!!!! and ICK on Jury Duty!! I got out of it when I had it this past time, haha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That handmade button necklace is really cute. Huntington Beach is so beautiful! AND - I love love love asian photo booths, they are SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, that button necklace is as cute as a button (pun intended), diy please?! The fourth sentence of Grant's paragraph is freakin hilarious and cute at the same time. and lastly, where is this StickiPicki?????!! I so want to go! ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your laid back look! Your stripey socks are too cute :) So glad that I stumbled apon your blog today...you now have a new follower and a new etsy stalker (love, love vintage! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw feel better sweet pea!

    1. I wish I could look as good as you do in sneakers.
    2. That vintage dress just made me weak in the knees. GORGEOUS!
    3. That note is so cute!!

    Have a great week sweet pea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon!
    I love those Asian sticker booths. So funny and ridiculous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red striped socks are always awesome and the button necklace is rather cool too :)

    .. remote control race sets are cool too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keds are the best! They're super comfy and low profile. I like the utilitarian feel of this outfit. Love the necklace that you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your jury duty accessorising!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ew sorry about jury duty! At least you look fabulous, right? ;) And those red striped socks are ADORABLE and I love the button necklace. This post is making me LONG to be at Huntington Beach now. I haven't been in a couple years...

    That little essay your boyfriend wrote is the cutest thing EVER! How preciouis. Hehe.

    And I freaking LOVE those stickers you and your friend made. They are just adorable and I wish I could do something similar with my bff. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you see that episode of 30 Rock when Jenna kept telling everyone her movie "The Rural Juror" was coming out, and no one could understand/pronounce it? It's a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE those photobooths. we found them in japan and went crazy. I can't believe all the options they give you! and it feels like a legit studio in there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome pictures like always!! i have an obsession with photo booths as well!
    btw i love your striped socks!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, you look so cute! i love those shoes. haha and jury duty sounds terrible. at least you updated you blog there, though! productivity (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, that letter is the cutest thing! I love reading old projects like that from when I was a kid. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tots know a 30 reference when I see it :) or at least this one cause it's hilarious!
    how was jury duty?!

    and your green jacket on your casual day is so so amazing. and you made me want to get cute socks...real bad.

    and Grant's 1st grade letter, how sweet! I wish we could go back to living/thinking/being simple and fun when we were kids...I am sad to be an adult

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute pics! I love the outfit!
    Follow me?I'd be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh, grants letter is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that great zara jacket! and i love those asian photo booths, i took some pix while in japan..i should get to posting those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha I love your 30 Rock reference. The crafty necklace is adorable and I love your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh man, jury duty. im gonna have to do grand jury duty sometime soon. and thats 5 days a week for 4 weeks or more! i was suppose to have it in december but i postponed it cause december is the most month ever to have to do something like that! still dreading it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the first photo :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, to Grant's school project.

    Have fun with Jury duty. Mine always gets cancelled right before it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the 60s dress and your 30 Rock reference.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those sticker photo booths, I wish we had them here in Chicago (we do have the old fashioned b & w film photobooths though).

    The button necklace is a good idea, I should try to do a jewelry project with all the vintage buttons I have rattling around.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What Grant wrote when he was 1st grade is so cute! I still have a little book I wrote when I was 10. It makes me cringe, but I am glad I have it!

    That 60s dress is stunning! Good luck with the jury duty. We don't have a jury system in South Africa, so I find it very fascinating!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your socks. I loved reading Grant's paper.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Ashley,

    Great post. Jury Duty sucks in real life and is only cool in the movie! I liked Grant's birthday rememory and I really hope that on his next birthday, he gets all the presents again!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(