3.18.2011

Sweet and Tender Hooligan+ MY R29 VIDEO IS UP!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Outfit Details:
Dress (sleeves cut off): Buffalo Exchange
Belt: From my mom's closet
Moccasins: Gift from my ma

I'd say this is the dress that started my affinity for old dresses. My first vintage dress, purchased when I was a sophomore in high school. For the longest time, burgundy was my favorite color and I remember being excited when I spotted this dress hanging on the rack. At the time it had short sleeves and I'm kind of sad that I took them off a few years ago, but whatever.  As I get older I find that a short sleeve is better than no sleeve--you feelin me?




Edit: My Refinery 29 challenge video is up and running! Ahhhh!!! Please follow the link and take a look and vote for me and and and!! It would be so appreciated, I know I keep asking for votes but it's the final stretch--the contest is over at the end of the month! 

Check out Orange County and well, my life--follow the link (I'm the Street Style video) 





Anyway, here are some random photos taken over the weeks that I thought i'd post...

Photobucket
From last month. Grant and I went to see our friend Cody's art show in Seal Beach. He made all sorts of awesome lamps but I'd say this seal skull lamp was my favorite. Grant was actually the one who found the skull on a beach somewhere and swiftly deposited it into Cody's possession.


Photobucket
My work gets tween approved magazines (not gonna lie, I used to read them too--holla J14) and it's fun and funny to flip through them.

Photobucket
My car is usually filthy.

Photobucket
The best.

Photobucket
At a different location, somebody stole this bear and there were fliers all over the place offering a giant candy bar as a reward. For those unfamiliar, this is a candy chain in California (maybe even the US) and every one of them has an enormous, disgustingly dirty bear sitting on a bench or rocking chair out front.

Photobucket
Not quite a circle of beach goths, but it will do.

23 comments:

  1. I can't believe you still have your first vintage dress purchase ever!! I don't even remember what mine was. sigh. and I've been wearing so much black on black lately that I feel like I should be in that circle at the beach...hahahaa ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the print on your dress, and the belt! and also the gorgeous sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "disgustingly dirty" bear just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to loveee sleeveless dresses, but I couldn't agree more with you. I love sleeves now and the only dresses I'll wear now are ones with sleeves.

    I've also seen the disgusting dirty bear in Long Beach! When I was checking out that candy store, I remember looking at the bear and thinking how unattractive it was. It looked like a grumpy old bear that didn't want my business haha

    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way there is no discount on the sea captain but they aren't at all worried about sticking sellotape on the sea faring man. :S

    yay for refinery 29, heading right over..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voted for your video. Love your blog and your style, best dressed american I've ever seen! You truly deserve to win! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's great about your blog being up for vote and all on Refinery. I never heard of it. Your outfit is great. You're amazing and certainly deserve to win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL that bear! Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, right? Ughh, jealous of the weather you're having. The Bay Area needs to catch up, desperately.

    www.textversusromance.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dress! Beach goths is the oddest contraction...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that dress! And I know what you mean about sleeves on dresses, I like my dresses wit them now, haha
    Off to watch the video and vote :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you look so pretty! And I'm looking for a belt like this! So lovely!

    PS:the floral background of your pics it's the same of our new dress fabric! (Take a look at our blog dear, let me know if you like our new dress!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll definitely go and vote for you! I started buying vintage clothing in high school too, my first purchase was a 1940s winter coat that I still wear.

    Love the burgundy on you and the pigtail braids are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a cute dress! I love your story behind it :) awesome photos! that skull lamp is so artistic.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I voted for you Ashley! *pats self on back* LOL

    www.mrschong.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair is too cute! Great outfit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmmm
    I like sleeveless dress for windy and chilly day where I can layer them with cardigan
    and sleeves on dresses for anyday! ;)

    super cool lamp!

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was so nice to watch the video, to see Your home, Your neighborhood. Your Grandma is so sweet :)
    And You! You are so natural! It's amaizing.

    I love the last photo. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. your outfit is wonderful, i wish i could pull off pigtails without lookint 7 years old. and for the longest time i was staring at that picture of the bear wondering if someone was in the suit or not. i may or may not have been laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations on refinery 29! your video was adorable. love filipino grandmas they are so nice. it seems so laid back your area.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a lovely dress, I love the detail of the leaves. I also watched your video, it's great :D

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(