3.09.2011

Waiting For My Ruca

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Outfit details:
White peter pan shirt: from a Philippines school uniform
Yellow ribbon: craft store
Jeans: Levi's
Socks: F21
Shoes: thrifted
Sunglasses: thrifted


few snaps from a weekend spent playing copious amounts of Wii (Super Mario Brothers!) and trotting around town. Grant and I strolled over to Laguna Beach to enjoy the beautiful beach weather (finally, a beach day minus the cold beach wind) and specifically, we headed down to Thalia Beach which is right by a great vegan cafe called The Stand. Anyway, we did a bit of beach combing and I found the best rock that had these holes naturally bored into it so I'm thinking I'm going to plant some grass in the holes or something. However, I'm still on the lookout for a big piece of gnarled driftwood to make a terrarium that I saw a few weeks ago. The combination of the desert succulents with the ocean wood is a great juxtaposition and one that totally typifies Orange County. If I find that piece of wood soon I'll make a DIY! 

Anyway about this outfit: it's pretty basic but I thought it was fine for a lazy weekend strolling seaside. What i'm not fine with is how faded my black jeans are getting---yeesh! This doesn't bode well for me because I don't think Levi's makes this cut anymore which is dumb. Probably the only brand loyalty I have is towards Levi's denim,  a pair of jeans is one of the few things that I am willing to shell out money on but how can I possibly buy what they refuse to make? I guess i'll have to settle for trolling Ebay.

 On a semi-related  fashion note,  I went to the craft store the other day and bought a yard of three different ribbons that they had for sale. I'm not sure if this is obvious, but craft/fabric stores are great places to get accessories! I really love the look of ribbon tied around a collar (bonus points if its of the peter pan variety) so I figured I'd stock up at the craft store. I'm wearing the yellow grosgrain ribbon I bought and I think it adds that little pop of color so that an outfit doesn't get too boring.



P.S.


Edit: This just in, I'm Glamour Magazine's Best Dressed Reader of the Day! Hooray! Click over HERE to take a look! 

++Read an interview I did with Unique Women Clothing over hurrr: CLICK. It demystifies a few things about me and my blog so if you were ever curious about why I named my blog Milk Teeths well....your queries will be answered!

++ A small blurb I wrote is up on the Foam site! CLICK

++ Still accepting donations in the form of votes for the Refinery 29 Style Blogger competition!  Help a lady out by clicking HERE 

31 comments:

  1. Yayyyy for the beach!!! I wish it was warm enough here for me to go, ha ha... :(
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look incredible!! Congrats on the Glamour feature, very well deserved! I love the setting in these photos, I wish I lived by the beach! And your top is so lovely mixed with your jeans and those amazing stripe socks! Ah, you are an endless source of inspiration. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are divine-- just like you! And congratulations on the Glamour feature--- I'm so proud! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome - congrats on the new feature :)
    Looking great, love the collar and pop of colour form the ribbon :)

    Love the sock picture and glass/stones ocean view :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the beach pictures :)
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cute peter pan collar top with the yellow bow is so stinkin cute! and congrats on the feature girl!!! that is so exciting! ^,^
    I'm going to shoot you an email on stickipicki like....now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding treasures at the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa dude, we both went to ucla

    also, that blouse is amazing. i'll have to ask my family to send me uniform type clothes from the PI..they're all so cute~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, the blouse looks so cute with that bow!!
    Congratulations on the feature!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the Glamour thing! I love the pop of yellow color and the striped socks. Also, funny that your socks match Grant's shirt. It always cracks me up in a roll-my-eyes sort of way when my boyfriend and I leave the house and then notice later that we're matching in some capacity. I hate to think were one of those couples, but I guess when you've been together as long as we have it's kind of inevitable:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice, beautiful pics!
    so relaxing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the collar of your shirt, and the bow!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats dear! And you look just so amazing! Love your shoes and denim! And the shirt too, so lovely with the little ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the shirt!!!! mah! gimme gimme!
    and laguna looks great. i've never been, i really want to go!


    Escape

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make even the simplest of outfits look too good! I'm really loving that shirt, and I'm a bit envious how you pull off those socks because I for sure know I couldn't. haha Dig it. Dig you. You're too fantastic. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the vintage feel of the outfit. very chic

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like a lovely weekend. you are such a cute couple!! I've been wanting to do that with ribbon, I have a thin black one I want to casually wear around my neck if I came across a good off-the shoulder top... ooh blog post idea!

    also, "Right now she selling oranges by the freeway..." :) so sublime!! enjoy cali! voting for you at Refinery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder if it would be possible to re-dye the jeans? Just a possibility to consider if you can't find that cut again.

    The blouse is great and I liked it even more when I found out it was from a Filipino school uniform (I'm half Filipino).

    Of course am envious of your beachside excursion!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ahh so classic, simple, and clean! i have a peter pan shirt like yours too but haven't had the guts to wear it out yet.. the ribbon is a cute idea :) also even though you don't like that fact that your jeans are fading, it looks worn in and comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love that your striped socks are showing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Congrats! headed over to vote for you! Happy I discovered your blog!

    Im your newest follower, hope youll want to follow me too : )

    www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

    www.rosivintage.etsy.com

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am going to have that song in my head all day :)

    Loooove peter pan collars. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your outfit is adorable!! You make Peter Pan collars so fabulous, I must say. :) And how I long to be at the beach after seeing these pics...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahh, i definitely saw my share of those blouses during my last family trip to the philippines.. although i have to say that i never really thought of them as stylish until now, haha.

    and oh, great interview. i just started blogging myself, and it really is incentive to write more/dress better/cook more, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  25. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS on the Glamour Magazine award - that's a huge honor, you totally deserve it too!

    Love the ribbon idea, it really makes your whole outfit come together with some pizzaz. I should get a little more creative :)

    Courtney xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh your posts never fail to make me smile. I love that they're always by the ocean, too. Anyway, loving the quirkiness of your outfit, socks and all. It's what makes you so uniquely you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on getting Glamour mag's best dressed reader of the day! You're outfits are so cute - you deserve it.
    And i love that shirt w/ the yellow tie and peter pan collar. So cute!
    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just found your blog & already I'm totally obsessed with you! (in an absolutely non creepy way of course) I love a gal with striped socks and shoes.

    xoxo
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love the collar on your shirt
    and that little yellow ribbon..
    and that stripe-y socks..
    just cute!

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE your shoes! And congrats on the features!! Totally well-deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You two match!! can't believe it!!! so sweet!! I'm so glad you're getting all the exposure you're getting lately!! you deserve it. I'm clicking all the links to see.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(