4.11.2011

1. Old Town Tustin 2. TFV Store Update

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Outfit Details:
Navy blue blazer: thrifted
Striped shirt: thrifted
Various pins: thrifted
Gray pants: AG

Another great hangout sesh with Beatrice of Dear Beatrice, this time in Old Town Tustin. We went to my favorite cafe, Rutabegorz (highly, highly recommended. This particular location is, I think, the best one though...). My go to is always half an avocado sandwich (which they serve on the best squaw bread) and a cup of cheesy soup. It doesn't really matter what's in the soup as long as I see it's ____-cheese. This day it was potato.

After lunch we tried to go thrifting but it was a bust. The weekend is, in my opinion, the worst time to visit a thrift store which I know sucks because most people work during the week. It's always super crowded and picked through--not good.  We then strolled around old town and poked around the funny little stores.

Beatrice was most certainly putting me to shame--she always looks so put together and great! I was keeping things pretty casual since I was feeling lazy that day.



Store update!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

The best sweater! Gray wool crew neck sweater with a pup and kitten print! S-L (HERE)

Photobucket
Turquoise pure silk blouse XS-S (Here)

Photobucket


Photobucket
Honey brown vertical striped front flap pocket button up  XS-M (here)
1970s navy blue high wais knee length full skirt XS-S (here)

Photobucket
1970s muted floral button up XS-M (here)

Photobucket


Photobucket
Unisex brown wool oversized shawl collar cardigan with brown suede elbow patches S-XL (here)


Photobucket

Gray wool cable knit/fisherman oversized grandpa cardigan S-L (here)

Lastly I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU!! to everyone who left a comment about places to see/eat/experience in my last post.I know that I could easily google things to do but I trust your judgement more than I do some random Trip Advisor review ("the Eiffel tower...a must!"). I will be blogging/chronicling my adventures so stay tuned for that! Also if you have any more tips, I'm definitely all ears :)

21 comments:

  1. it was indeed awesome. the photos you took are so good! oh and I googled that mrcharles house (the green victorian house) and apparently it's a tea room with not so good reviews. ha. I can't wait for your europe trip so I can travel vicariously through you!! ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also spent a weekend with a friend. And I also got to know her through blogging. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of those days. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW! I love that sweater with the cats and dogs. I'm jealous of you and Beatrice's rendezvous =( I love all the pins on your blazer.

    http://likespinning-plates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that big grey cardigan with the elbow pads is so cooooool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely things in your store :) I keep telling myself that one day I'll get paid and then buy something, no regrets. You have such a good eye. Pretty pictures from the meetup :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, that place looks amazing! I love all the pretty flowers, they're just so beautiful!

    x x Michelle
    http://www.thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys both look so cute! I love blog meet-ups...sadly never been to one yet :( GRR!!
    And lovely items in the shop, I love that last sweater! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that animal sweater... and you and Beatrice look great. Special mention definitely has to go to her nails though! ; )

    Also, if you're in London on a Saturday, we could go up to Broadway market in East London, where, my photo-archive reminds me, I ate Halloumi burgers and spicy Vietnamese noodle sandwiches. Are those veggie enough for you? : D

    ReplyDelete
  9. the animal sweater and oversized cardigan have my name alllll over them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shoes in the first photo! So cute! and I've only tried the Rutabegorz in Fullerton. I'll have to try out the one in Tustin.
    xx Allie

    ReplyDelete
  11. your shop is so cute. i want everything. makes me wish i had a job. and i agree about thrifting. it's the worst on the weekends. i had my days of tuesdays and thursdays, but now tuesdays are PACKED, at least in my small town. i'm taking a roadtrip in may (from texas, back to my home in patterson (central california), and i might be passing through this area. going to have to remember tustin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You looks so good in all the clothing you're selling. Makes it hard to resist!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tell me how much you pay for this mascara? I suspect that Benefit's cosmetics are more expensive in Poland than in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cat & dog is amazing!! Already sold though. Boo. Anyways, you both look awesome as one would expect. ^_^ I love your pins- the unicorn especially! I'm going to Europe April 30th & I'll be there all of May! I definitely plan on blogging over there but we'll see what happens! Are you blogging while you're away?

    ReplyDelete
  15. correction: cat & dog sweater. i don't think you're selling pets now. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. incredible pics! i love your camera if only I could find mine. beatrice looks smashing, love your pins.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhhh! i've missed your blog!!! i love your pictures. they're amazing. and your store updates - gorgeous as always!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your unicorn pin. I need one of those asapppp.

    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Sall Hansen nails, so totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Damn. I should have made a move on the kitty sweater! I've been collecting vintage pins and I want to snatch that unicorn one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your selection of lapel pins and Beatrice's shoes :) The butterfly pictures are brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(