4.04.2011

BIG DEAL: I Won the R29 Search For The Next Style Blogger Competition!

Photobucket



YEAH!! I guess the title speaks for itself but holy smokes, I won! Still a bit in shock, actually. The whole experience was lots of things: wonderful, stressful, nerve wracking, rewarding, and a whole slew of other adjectives that don't really belong in a list together. I just wanted to take a minute to thank my family, friends, and everybody out there on the interweb who threw a little support my way! All was so appreciated and unexpected, really, thank you so much! AND a big thank you goes out to my boss Angie at Shout PR! She was the one who sent me the link to the contest and told me I had to enter!


So now you're wondering what I win, huh? Well besides some ca$h money, I win a trip to NYC, a bevy of Cover Girl Cosmetics, and (most importantly) the chance to guest blog at Refinery 29 for a week! I can't believe it. I've been reading Refinery 29 for a long while and have always admired their point of view regarding fashion and the like. One of the main things that kept me coming back was the writing style! I like that they're a bit sarcastic and irreverent, not just some site that proclaims every trend and designer to be OMGAMAZING. They keep it real and that's what I love. Suffice to say I'm honored to be apart of the crew for a bit--we'll see what happens!

Link: http://styleblogger.refinery29.com/ 
Edit:It's even more official! Check out what R29 editor-in-chief Christene Barberich and creative director Piera Gelardi had to say about moi (i'm beaming!): http://www.refinery29.com/she-s-the-won-ashley-of-milk-teeths-is-our-next-big-style-blogger








In other news...
Grant, my devastatingly handsome as he is talented boyfriend, just got his photo zine, "Planting the Flag at the Summit" published through Hamburger Eyes! If you are a lover of gritty street style photography (or if you are a skateboarder reading this) you should really consider getting a copy for yourself. Buy it (for $5) HERE

Photobucket
Photobucket

42 comments:

  1. congratsss!!!! (again) hehehe ^,~
    girl we need to go celebrate! saturday?!?! ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most awesome news! Congratulations! Well done on all your efforts. What an amazing opportunity. Good luck with it all. Be sure to have fun during the whole experience.

    Miss Bias
    www.missbias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is just the best news! You totally deserve winning my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS! Wahooooo! I knew you'd get it.
    How incredibly "baller." Yeah, I said it.
    You're officially a baller.

    EFFIN' AWESOME! Can't wait to read your stuff on R29...and again, CONGRATS!

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to check out his photography - that's really awesome!

    And congratulations to you! I'll be waiting with baited breath to read your guest posting. I, too, have always admired their writing style.. it's such a wonderful take on the fashion industry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats dear what a great news!! and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you two turning out to be quite the power couple?! ;)

    A HUGE congratulations on the win, sweetie!! That is the most awesome news I have heard in a long time. You totally deserve it.

    And congrats to your bf too for his accomplishment.

    What an awesome week for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, AWESOME Ashley! I figured you would win! And you definitely deserved to. Bah, too bad our NYC trips didn't coincide. Have an awesome time with all your prizes, and I'll be reading the blogging you do for them!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWW GIRL, CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to see your blog posts on Refinery29! This is so exciting and it's not even me hahaha

    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! I'm SO happy for you, you honestly deserved this!! I'm so excited to see everything work out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so awesome Ashley!! I'm so glad you won!! That's super super exciting. :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats!!! what amazing news
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! I found your blog through the contest and I'm an avid reader now! YOu really have great style!

    pearlsandgreentea.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god Ashley!! I am so happy you won!! I discovered you earlier this year and I absolutely loved your blog and your writing and style and shop!! :) You are so deserving of this, and seriously one freakin' rockin' chick! I voted many many times for you! I remember thinking, "Wow, I discovered her blog recently and now she is kicking ASS at the R29 contest!" Does Grant get to go to NYC or use any of the cosmetics? hehe

    What an exciting time for you and him! Celebrate and bask in the joy and you're awesome accomplishments!! Cheers to a great summer and hope you get the blog spot at R29 (but I'll always be a loyal follower here ;))!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations!! really, really really, you deserve this. That's so amazing that you both have such great things to be happy about. I am so happy for you, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh! congrats!! i was routing for you and you totally deserve it - you have fantastic blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GIRL CONGRATS! I love Refinery29, you are a great fit for it :) I'm so glad you won!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so awesome. Congrats! You deserve it!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, you totally deserve it!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! Congrats! I was rooting for you to win.

    ReplyDelete
  24. congrats, ashley! super excited for you and it couldn't have gone to a more deserving person. i can't even be mad that it wasn't me :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to both of you!
    Awesome stuff!!! :D So pleased you won :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. congrats ashley!! you totally deserved the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. HUGE deal! You definitely deserved it! Agh, this is so exciting. When I first saw that you had won I think I was even beaming! haha This calls for celebration for sure! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, what a successful, creative couple you are! A veritable power house ;) It's great to see a fellow style blogger getting some recognition and I can only hope to be as lucky in the future. Well done, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I feel like I know someone famous. So excited for you! The fashion world needs awesome and genuine gals like you! Go ASHLEY!

    ReplyDelete
  30. congrats! I love your blog and you seem like such a sweet person, you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is amazing- congrats. Just found your blog- did I say amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh! I knew that You gonna win!!! I'm so happy :))) And big CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats! You were the only one of their choices I read at the start and very deserving of the win!

    ReplyDelete
  34. congrats i just read the article on r29 which is what bought me to your wonderful blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(