4.24.2011

Campfires

Photobucket
Photobucket
Outfit details:
Cream knit cardigan: thrifted
Army green button up (it's so soft!) C/O BB Dakota
Levi's: TJ Maxx ($10, such a score)
Brown boots: Target
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday was one of my best lady friend Shayne's birthday bash over at Doheny Beach. She rented a campground and we got to do all the usual camping things that I love, name making s'mores. I could eat a s'more every day, I think it is the most texturally perfect food. Crispy, melty, firm, crumbly, messy---I love it all. Anyway, I actually didn't stay the night but it was still a fun time. Hats off to Natalie for making a five stars campfire, anyone naysaying (males in attendance who attempted to build a shoddy, smokey, and uneven burning fire) was just jealous of your skillz.

Also, I'm sorry but as much as I love the smell of a campfire, smelling like a campfire the next day is the worst. That smoke really permeates through every nook, cranny, and fiber. Waking up to hair that somehow smells like beef jerky? Not good. Just a small price to pay to kick it with Mother Nature, I suppose. Well worth it.

Do you all have any camping plans for this summer? Hoooppeeeffuulllyyy a Big Sur/ Yosemite trip can be arranged sometime for this lady and her fella.

P.S.
Happy Easter to all of you of the Easter celebrating persuasion! Gotta hit up up Target for that half priced candy in T-minus 20 minutes ; )
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've ever had beef-jerky smelling hair, but it sounds like a downer. I think campfires are the best, though distressingly not that warm. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that sweater, I want it!! :p
    And YAY camping!! I love camping so much...I haven't been in a few years but we used to go every year to Jamaica State Park in Vermont... <3
    I should go for a weekend this year or something...
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweeeeeet!! i always love a nice bbq/party at the beach... :)))
    i live in greece so we get the chance to have plenty of those during summer :P
    have u ever been to greece??
    i like your blog and your effortless but chic outfits, am now your newest follower :)
    xoxo
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes but the smell the next day reminds you of the awesome time you had the night before :) Or that you need a shower! Just include swimming after a bonfire, so then your hair will smell like the sea, or chlorine? I love campfires and good times....and your outfit awesomely comfy chic!

    I need to start a 'summer bucket list' and cheers to Cadbury eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, having beef jerky smelling hair is not fun, but at least you had a fun night!
    xx Allie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm cadbury eggs are my favorite. i always stock up once they go on sale. for some reason this year they had them all the way back at the end of January at the Rite Aid by my house in Redlands and I took full advantage of it. I think I've had 10 this year. :)
    Big Sur sounds amazing! I want to go!!

    http://hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com
    http://etsy.com/shop/puddinp0p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Doheny Beach camping... there is also an awesome beachside campground in Big Sur called Kirk Creek. I have never been but I have heard it is gorgeous. btw lovely outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the cardigan and overall outfit for a bonfire! this post made me want to take a trip to the beach very badly, AND crave a cadbury egg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like you had a really fun night. I actually kind of like that smoky BBQ smell the next day. Except when you're supposed to be all professional at work. :p You look pretty as always. And I LOVE cadbury eggs. Yummy!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy easter! i totally agree on the campfire smell from the night of vs. morning after hahaha--cool pictures.. love the nature vibe from your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a question about the vintage clothing you find: how do you wash them? Sometimes I'm afraid of throwing in the vintage cardigans and sweaters I have in the water, so I have them all dry cleaned. It seems like you'd be an expert about this stuff, so I thought I'd ask.

    Happy Easter ;)

    xo Sherrie
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Your camp look :)

    And I'm sure, the camp night was great!!!
    And the smell beef jerky in Your hair is not so bad, when You have fun, right? :)))
    Happy Easter again!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope your easter was great! i love getting half priced treats! Lol and as if that cardi was thrifted, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love campfires! i love your blog your stunning (: x

    ReplyDelete
  15. these pictures have convinced me that i need to quit my job and move to california. you are having a bonfire and i am hiding from rain!
    loving your laid back look :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That love stone is too sweet :) Sounds like an awesome evening.

    I'll be tenting at a festival in less than two months. So excited. I've been wanting to go for years and finally it 's happening. *knock on wood*

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a comfy lookin outfit! and agreed on that campfire smellin hair- not good. worth it though right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stumbled upon your blog, which is such a treasure! Love your effortlessness!

    www.shewalksonpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. my friends are trying to get me to go camping tis summer. Not so sure. You make it look so fun. I'm tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the campfire photos, pretty! Smelling like beef jerky does not sound like fun, I love the wood smoke smell though. Didn't realise you guys got creme eggs, though the green packaging bit throws me a little. x

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(