4.01.2011

Foam+Madewell Store Opening at South Coast Plaza

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Outfit Details:
Navy blue dress (lovingly altered by my grandma. She shortened the long sleeves and chopped off some inches from the hem):  La Bamba pile sale (only $5!)
Tan skinny belt: thrifted
Kork Ease sandals: thrifted


Hi! Sorry for the brief absence--i've been a busy bee around these parts, working on a bunch of fun projects to show you guys....so stay tuned for  lots of awesome things to be popping up on this page!

Anyway, last night Madewell and Foam Magazine (the mag I contribute to!) had a little opening party at the fancy mega mall by my house known as South Coast Plaza. If you're into designers then i'm sure this mall would be a dream for you---they have everything. Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Hermes,  Chloe, Gucci and a million more names (but lets not forget this mall used to have a Del Taco in it for the longest time...).

Anyway, me and my best gal Natalie decided to check it out and then swing my Memphis for what could possibly become a weekly ritual of dining on their half off fried chicken dinner (available every thursday!).


I didn't take that many photos (and it seems like most of the ones I took came out a little blurry---whoops!) but rest assured everything inside the store was heart breakingly beautiful as it was expensive. Sigh. I guess i'll just make due with carefully studying what they have in store and scouring every thrift store in Orange County until I find similar pieces. Wish me luck!

27 comments:

  1. lovely outfit:)...this dress is perfect

    http://nikijeans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I visited Madewell yesterday (I'm in Long Beach visiting my brothers) and I practically fell in love with everything in there. I really loved their blouses, but for $98, I couldn't do it! I'll have to admire them from afar as well. Sighhhh

    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CONTRIBUTE TO FOAM!????? I am so jealous. I love Foam Magazine. Its got the prettiest editorials. Also, your dress, amazing. Seriously. And you're so lucky to wear it to such a cool event!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! It's so sad when such pretty things are so expensive ;)
    Loving your outfit as usual :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. my girlfriend works at the lab in costa mesa. i showed her the video for the contest and she voted for you. she actually watched all the other gals and likes you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anthony--for real! We shot at the Lab (as i'm sure you noticed), what store does your gf work at? And tell her thank you so much for the vote! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress your granny did such a great job. P.S. Love your etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress screams perfection. The detail on the collar is just too fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a spectacular event that went over very well. Those retro bottles are amazing. WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh i almost went to this. i went to the madewell today though. my friend i worked with at jcrew works there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want the dress. I want the dress. *Giggle*
    It's so cute, and I love the peterpan collar ;)

    kisses,
    amy !
    www.amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so lovely. That dress is really pretty and simple, the best of both worlds! I'm excited to see the new projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good luck! :)
    You look so pretty every time. How You do it? :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so awesome that your grandmother can do alterations like that for you! I know I've been meaning to start attempting my own. But it's been hard for me to even find a piece of clothing worth altering, but not so amazing that I might be very very scared about messing it up :)

    The collar on that dress is just lovely. And for five dollars? So jealous. I'm so happy that you checked out my blog--because you're one of my favorites. You totally should come to Portland :) It's pretty. Especially in the summertime.

    <3 Lea

    ReplyDelete
  15. You both look so pretty! I love your dress. The color is perfect, and I love the sleeve length. Madewell is awesome, but I agree, way to expensive. I haven't been able to afford anything from there. :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's such a simple yet elegant dress, I also adore the navy blue shade <3 just can't wait to read more of the awesome things you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that dress' collar thing. two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that dress is amazing. seriously. i love that your nana altered it. perfectly styled with the wee brown belt.

    I've had time to properly read through your blog today. i love it. I'm definitely going to be following along.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress is breathtaking! I really love all of the detail shots that you took. I hope you have good luck scouring the thrift stores for madewell-esque stuff! I'm sure it's going to be fun.
    I don't know how it's taken me so long to discover your blog, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your grandma is the best! I love the dress and feel ya on the Madewell situation. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such an awesome collar :) Fingers crossed for your designer inspired thrifts :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that dress it is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the dress your gran altered. You look very pretty in it as well!

    Anthea,
    Embracing Style

    ReplyDelete
  24. i loove your outfit! it's perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I went to Madewell in New York, and kind of wanted to fall in love with everything, but didn't. But I am pretty smitten with your blue dress!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(