4.20.2011

In Bloom

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Outfit Details:
Skirt and collar: reconstructed, cat eye sunglasses: F21, angora pale jade blouse: Three Feathers Vintage


Some pals at the Urban Outfitters blog contacted me asking if I would like to take a go at reconstructing something out of a box of thrifted goods sent my way to go with the This into That contest that is currently running on the blog. Obviously,  I said yes! The contest is in honor of Earth Day and is supposed to high light the idea that you can basically salvage and make use of anything if you really think about it, which I'm all about. Anyway, I decided to have a go at reconstructing the once frumpy size XXL Hawaiian print dress they sent over. To read a little more about the process, hop on over to the blog right HERE!

Edit: A little interview I did with StyleOn is up and running! If you're curious you can read it right HERE

And
A store update! Don't forget that everything is 15% off with code: EUROPE11. I have tons of items that are priced $25 or less so check it out!

Photobucket
1950s apricot tweed kick pleat skirt with faux tortoiseshell buttons M-L (here)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Mustard blouse with subtle floral print S-L (here)

Photobucket
1970s navy blue and white polkadot high waist skirt S-M (here)

Photobucket
1970s red scalloped peter pan collar split flutter sleeve blouse XS-S SOLD
Photobucket
1960s thin navy blue gingham short sleeve button up S-M SOLD

Photobucket
Photobucket
1970s black and tan floral print blouse with peter pan collar S-M (here)
Photobucket
1960s deep butterscotch grandpa cardigan S-L (here)

Photobucket
1970s distressed army field jacket S-L (here)

33 comments:

  1. I am not surprised that you want to participate in this contest :)
    I love the first photo!
    And this army jacket is great!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amiga, you are most definitely blooming and you look just awesome! And props to your grandma if she's the one behind the collar. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the outfit post!! what a dreamy detachable peter pan collar :D haha!

    xKat

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are heavenly in this outfit, Ash. Everything about it is simply so lovely. I adore the skirt. The fabric pattern and the colors are so perfect for spring! I absolutely LOVE the collar you made out of the fabric. And those glasses are fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you're really making your way up in the blogging world! Congratulations! You look wonderful, as usual, and I love the little collar.

    Also would it be possible for you to change the URL in your sidebar from our old address (Velvet Bitchez) to our new one (The Velvettes)? Thank you so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this first outfit is divine! Love the photos as well, so dreamy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is cool with what Urban Outfitters asked you to do!! what a really awesome and honorable task!!!! I love this outfit you're wearing!! detachable collars rule.

    Thanks so much for your kind words on my latest entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. right back at you girl! im a total lurker of yours too <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos and a stunning outfit! I love the skirt & matching collar and this fluffy sweater and cat eyes. Just gorgeous all around!

    Also I may have to cry because the tweed skirt is not my size.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so scary i was listening to In Bloom when I clicked on the post. And I love this post the first outfits so awesome :D x

    ReplyDelete
  11. as if I couldn't love you anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loove your outfit! And that is so cool about the Urban Outfitters thing!! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh hey! cool thing with the UO blog :) and you are so lucky to be going to europe! i've never been. we will hang someday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first photo of you is perfection, also I can't believe your sunglasses are from F21, need to go check them out.

    Exciting news about the contest, love the way you redid the once frumpy dress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I'd seen those pieces not on a body, I don't know that I would have believed they'd look so great, but you made a great transformation to that dress! How cool is it that you got contacted to reconstruct something?

    ReplyDelete
  16. great outfit you look amazing!



    visit our blog at http://uhooi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your outfit. That red lipstick is so bold and quite lovely on you. Sweet color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE the first photo - co carefree and beautiful! xxx
    www.christie86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovingg these photos to the max! You did a great job with reconstructing it. Congrats on all these offers and such! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. 'Love how the collar matches the skirt! Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Retro fab photo shoot-i love it! I generally already wear whatever I feel like, whenever,(trend-wise) but I'd love to try out some different era dressage...maybe this summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you have the most amazing sense of style! I'm actually a little lost for words, but I can say quite honestly that I love every outfit shown!

    I'm definetly following you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Together with friends we decided to organize culinary meetings about once a month. Unfortunately, we can't arrange another until June.
    And another will be Chinese night at my place.
    and guess what? You're invited :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is SO cool that you reconstructed a dress to make this skirt (& collar). It looks SO cool. You look really awesome in maxi length things. I feel like your blog is making leaps & bounds as far as content goes. Not that it wasn't great before, but I feel like every post I love it more & more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your beautiful, flowery outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. you look awesome! no kidding they wanted you in on this story - and good adds to your store!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the detachable collar!

    ReplyDelete
  29. yay thanks for posting about my lookbook and shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH EM GEE. The remake of the dress is so brilliant. What a wonderful contest to partake in!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love Love your outfit! The collar is heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love this blue angora sweater

    ReplyDelete
  33. have you more pictures?

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(