5.23.2011

Ciao, Roma!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket/>PhotobucketPhotobucket

Outfit Details:
Navy blue hooded peacoat: C/O BB Dakota
Magenta tights: Target
(I'm wearing shorts and a blouse, but you can't see and yes both were thrifted!)

Expect to see a deluge of photos from my time in Rome. These are just the tip of the iceberg! On our first day we got to our hostel (The Ciak, around 15 minutes from the Colosseum and a block away from the Manzoni metro station. I hear that the hostels in Rome are generally kind of iffy so I shouldn't be judging too hard. For those out there curious, the beds were meh, the bathrooms suspect, around the corner from a really cheap grocery store AND a gelato factory, free breakfast (also meh), BUT the nicest people work there. They are super helpful and friendly. So yes, a fast little recap for any travelers out there) and checked out the Colosseum and the Santa Maria Maggiore Church. So much history, so beautiful, everything to be expected. The next day we headed over to Trastevere SPECIFICALLY to eat at Roma Sparita's secret/famous cacio y pepe! AHHH!! So, good. I watch a lot of Anthony Bourdain and this place was on his Rome episode but he refused to say where it was. Well, I'm pleased to type that with a little intrepid googling "No Reservations+secret cacio y pepe" I found the very place. Definitely lived up to the hype. This day was also mine and Grant's three year anniversary so it was extra special. Spending an anniversary in a place as cool as Rome? Hard to top for next year.  We also checked out the Spanish Steps, the Trevi fountain, and a million churches which were all beautiful. I really like how the churches smell in Rome...i think it has to do with the burning candles.




24 comments:

  1. haha!! i recognized that pasta dish from no reservations too! that rome episode was one of my all time favorites of his!! these photos are amazing! i'd love to go to rome some day. thanks for letting me live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rome! Definitely a great place to visit, especially during the summer; really jealous! The pictures look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those veggies look delicious! As does Rome, really. Everywhere you go looks freezing though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those purple tights with the yellow wall! too much. :) and gelato, gelato! so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh these photos are lovely! Well congrats on your anniversary and thanks for the tips on the hostel! I love the purple tights and that gelato looks so good..and I'm not even a massive ice cream fan!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl!! you OWNED the purple tights! love your outfit, it's so cute and cozy! and the photos are spectacular! that is one huge cone of gelato!! me gusta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are some beautiful photos! i need to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent my 30th birthday in Rome with my boyfirend and our little girl and it was amaze balls! Have you noticed that it's puffa jacket central though? Especially the shiny ones? I think if you're Italian it's mandatory for you to wear one.

    Happy Anniversary to you and Grant! I've just discovered your blog through your youtube videos and I'm hooked. I've a total girl crush on you and then a couple crush on you and Grant. Such an adorable couple. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Next time you come to Europe you have to stop by Ireland!(Barack Obama is here on a state visit today actually. The whole city has gone prez mad! woop woop!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really having some sort of a lovely time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness. I cannot even begin to talk about how much I love your photos. Especially since you've been out and about in Europe. I love how clean and unprocessed they are. Though I know I've said this before. The architecture against the sky photos are just breathtaking.

    Love your outfit too, of course. Simple with such a nice pop of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, so romantic. i just spent a little over 3 weeks in rome in march. it was my third year anniversary and my birthday. you're right, it's hard to top! beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look on you with the little bun - so cute! Glad you guys had fun there, this set of photos are my favorite so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so adorable!! happy anniversary to grant & you! :) sounds like you had so much fun there. that picture of gelato made me want to scream!! give me some!! ha Is it cold there though? I'm surprised to see you wearing & coat & tights because It's burning hot here in France. Wow I just realized how spastic this comment was. Too tired to rewrite it though so it will have to do. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emily! Every place isn't that cold (except for Copenhagen) BUT it was raining in Rome that day and that was the only jacket I brought so I had to wear it. It's actually pretty hot everywhere right now so I was sweating a lot but oh well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your outfit! And all the photos are amazing :D The photos are amazing! I can't wait for more! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little poppies - just like ours on Jacaranda Street!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Feel free to keep the photos coming! I am living vicariously through you as I type this comment from my desk at work!

    Love the outfit as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! All your pictures are stunning. Thoroughly enjoyed looking through each and every one.

    XO
    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow.. how beautiful.. Rome is now on the top of my list of places to go to~
    your tights were a nice surprise too!
    happy anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh my god... dreamy dreamy dreamy. I miss Rome! You've reminded me how I gained 15 lbs in a month in Europe! And I'm so jealous that you had your beau to accompany you on the Spanish Steps. I'm watching your latest posts like a hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos and you look lovely in bright tights and peacoat. Brilliant!

    Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post, what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(