8.10.2011

LUCKY MAGAZINE, LUCKY LIFE MEGA POST

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Outfit Details:
Little girl's school uniform blouse: thrifted
1970s navy blue high waist slacks: thrifted
Brown fringed leather loafers: thrifted

So this was the exciting project I got to be a part of concerning Lucky Magazine's September issue! I got an e-mail in June asking if I would like to hang out and document the shoot for the magazine's Lucky Life feature and of course I said yes. The shoot took place in Pacific Palisades at the crazy amazing home of Marlien Rentmeester who is Lucky's West Coast editor. I've never been to a "legit" magazine shoot so I didn't know what to expect (in fact I brought my best gal Chelsea, who is playing the ukulele in the above photographs, along for the ride) but honestly, right when I walked in the door I was greeted with so much warmth from Marlien and the rest of the crew that any sort of anxiety that I was feeling instantly melted away. Whew!

The Lucky Life feature is basically meant to showcase the stunning homes (not to mention  decorating schemes!) of creative folk and if you can't tell, Marlien's home is out of control good. It is literally my dream home. I love her eclectic decorating style (mixed prints? quirky shots of color done in an unexpected but unique way? terrariums???  Get outta my head Marlien!!) and have definitely filed away (read: stolen) some ideas of hers for use in future decorating endeavors.

Besides the lovely digs, the wardrobe rack was, in my mind, a total thing of beauty. Every option was so light and playful and there was plenty of room for accessorizing outfits with the veritable bazaar of jewelry that was laid out on the table.

Anyway, this day was a total blast. Big ups to Marlien, John, and the Lucky team for arranging everything.

If you haven't already, you should check out the newest issue of Lucky! The Lucky Life feature is on page 154, and it was shot by Marlien's extremely talented sister Coliena Rentmeester (keeping all that talent in the family, eh?), it's definitely not a feature to be missed.

FOOTNOTE: (my face is  lookin mighty stern in these photos for some reason, probably due to CBF, but rest assured that I was having a good time!)

Check out the new blog! www.permanent-weekend.com

24 comments:

  1. you look wonderful!!

    love the photos.. and your outfit.. very you
    how lucky for you to be in lucky magazine.. hehe. ok, thats not that funny.
    forever love your blog. been following for a while

    I'm having a DESIGNER DRESS GIVEAWAY on my blog right now
    http://www.daisy-mak.com/2011/07/virgos-lounge-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ashley. It looks like you've got a lot of great things going on at the moment. Well done! Love the behind the scenes look at the shoot. I would like that clothes rail in my home please! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like lots of fun, that house looks gorgeous (and so does the food!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet opportunity! I'm loving your outfit and all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is so much fun!! Congratulations!!! :D :D ANd I agree, that house is amazing :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, this is so cool :D And what a fabulous post, I loved every single picture :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool I love Lucky, they always have great ideas for styling. I worked with some of there photographers back in 2002 in Phoenix they were covering the vintage shop co-owned. Great detail shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pictures are gorgeous. i especially love the flowers!!! so lovely!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your lovely comment (:
    I really like your blog and I think that you've got a great sense of style!!

    I hope that you will check out my blog again...

    <3 Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. cbf :) cute. you look good either way.
    i just did a home post on my page, you should check it out :)
    p.s. i'm in the process of putting together a parcel for our long overdue penpal-ing. so expect something coming to your mailbox!
    http://hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a cool opportunity. That house looks so awesome. I got my new issue in the mail the other day but still haven't had time to read it all yet! Can't wait to look for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! I would totally have been nervous too. Such a gorgeous home, thanks for sharing the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Must have been scrolling too fast. Just noticed the little guy behind the curtains shot. His astronaut uniform is awesome. Foo dogs! I must have a (cheap) pair as bookends. Great textures on the rack, especially the sequin jacket. I SPY BELTS! And how cool to be shot by your own sissy.

    CBF, lol ... An on and off again affliction for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In Moscow. Bulk load chocolate flap, you idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your life is so fabulous, Ashley, I want to die. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous pictures! xo this is such an exciting opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats lady, this shoot looks amazing. Sounds like it went well. Love the peter pan collar blouse and the all around classic look

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah, congrats girl! I'm going to have to pick up a copy :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so exciting!!! I love Lucky and I love your blog - I am so excited to see that these two things have come together. My Lucky came while I was on vacation, but I am going to rip open the plastic and check it out right now. Congratulations on your totally legit shoot!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(