8.26.2011

The New York (MEGA) Post

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Here are the last bunch of photos from New York.

The first, sort of nighttime set is from when Grant and I walked the high line in order to take in the lightning storm that was illuminating the city. The high line is this cool converted above ground rail platform/track that runs through part of the city. It was made into a cute little green belt and park that was bursting with what I believe are native plants and such. It was basically under the hotel we stayed at so we couldn't not check it out. I'm glad we got to walk it during the evening because we went back a day or two later and it was a mess. People every which way and super slow walkers (my pet peeve) dominating the narrow strip of park.

This aside, what I think I will remember most about the high line was how  good it smelled. I think the smell was magnified since we explored right after a rainstorm so the clean and sweet powdery smell coming off of the grasses and plants were especially fragrant. This in stark contrast with the many....stenches of unknown origin that ran rampant through the city.

And then quickly: Grant in his fancy pajamas that I wish were my size,  sailors in Time Square (is this a thing there?), a cute pup, and a  photo of me and my high school pal Cailin (who works at the UN--sheesh! Over achiever much ;-) ).

Then the day before we left (thank the lawddd we missed out on the earthquake and the hurricane...) we met up with our friends Josh and Paola who were the best hosts ever and showed us around Brooklyn. In fact, we got a car and high tailed it to this crazy beach that used to be a dump during the turn of the century to like the 1930s. Littered everywhere were glass apothecary bottles and  although we only had about a half hour of light to work with, Grant and I scored some pretty cool bottles. I'll show you guys later, don't worry.

20 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure it was fleet week when you went to NYC. I'm not 100% sure, though, but that's probably why they were there.

    Anyway, great pictures! It looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you made it to Dead Horse Bay, I've read about all the treasures people have found while digging around on that beach.

    Somehow I missed your other NYC posts, am off to read them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to make my way out to dead horse bay. Just across the bridge is my hometown, Rockaway. Looking forward to seeing what treasures you found. Loving Grant's Pj's

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool there ashley! your bf is as charming as ever here. i love his fashion sense it matches yours!! where did u get your espadrilles? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your boyfriends PJs (but why does he look so angry?), your hair & red/white dress ... & kids playing in a fire hydrant. I didn't think they really did that (my Australian is showing). Gorgeous photos & sounds like you really enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like Audrey Hepburn with this umbrella.

    It was a great trip. :) Give us more photos maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute pics!
    i love NY, i had such a great time in that city!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh these are great shots of NYC, and I love that beige coat on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw you fit right into nyc!! i just love it there!!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are so great, Grants pj's are so nice I want a pair for my man, hehe,I am glad to hear you missed the earthquake and hurricane, they say on the radio that they evacuated parts of New York city and may even shut down the whole subway system if it gets to hairy. Your NYC posts made me want to hurry back there again even with the hurricanes and earthquakes that place is so magical.

    xo

    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayyy!! So much fun!!! :D Good thing you missed all the natural disasters ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. my dad has pajamas like those! :) i was always jealous of them too. i love the picture of the kids in the street and your singin in the rain inspired picture on the park bench. did it rain there? also, i'm jealous of your apothecary bottle finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your braided up-do hair! you should do a tutorial for that. Looks like you had fun in NYC. xoxo

    http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. dude it kind of breaks my heart that you were SO CLOSE for a whole week and i didnt get to meet you in real life! next time you are on the east coast we gotta make it happen, but it looks like you had a blast and i'm so glad they picked you as a winner for the refinery29 contest because you so clearly RULE! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures, I love the one of the sailors! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grant's pajamas are so hilarious!! What a fashionable look for sleeping.

    I love how versatile your hair is! The milkmaid braids, the high bun, etc. You look so different in every haircut! My favorite is your outfit in the coat and your hair up in a bun, you look so elegant!

    xo Sherrie
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  17. saw your etsy shop and just found your blog by chance :) i like the stripe tee and fluoro skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great photos! I especially love the fist one with the cobweb. I love your attention for details!

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. ahh, i get so jealous of your nyc stay! i miss new york so much! and your bfs pj is just awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never seen a guy in ACTUAL pajamas before!!! crazy. My husband always wears either his boxers or flannel pants and a muscle tee.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(