8.22.2011

A Sneak Peek Inside Refinery29

Photobucket
BAM! Right when the elevator doors open.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Because every fashion office worth their salt has to have an adorable vintage typewriter on the premises.
Photobucket
My humble totebag encroaching on Christene's work space.
Photobucket
Connie! Sitting directly to my right and making me laugh all day.
Photobucket
I think it's a rule that everyone has to have cute/ unique paper ephemera tacked onto their walls. Hey, I'm backin it.
Photobucket
Christy. This lady gets ish DONE.
Photobucket
You see where that trench coat is? All me.
Photobucket
This thing was insane.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Connie, Piera, Christene and little old me. I look super hyped (it's because I was!). 


I bring you a few snaps from around the office, taken on my last day (tear). As you can see the Refinery office is filled with lots of quirky knickknacks and everyone had dreamy pages from editorials pinned up on their walls which meant that there was lots of eye candy to gorge myself on as I worked at my desk (sandwiched between Christene and Connie, no less!) and I didn't mind  it one bit.

To be honest,  I really had no idea what to expect when I found out that I had won Covergirl and Refinery29's Search for the Next Style Blogger contest. The fact that I was going to get the  chance to hop on a plane to NYC and work at my favorite fashion website seemed too good to be true.  The amount of work that the R29 team puts into creating the seemingly effortless content that flows through the site is unbelievable and I'm proud to say that I was able to help, if only for a week, keep the gears running smoothly. It was a worthwhile experience and certainly one that I won't soon forget.

Sooooo long story short: I had a blast! A million thank yous go out to Christene, Piera, Connie, Christie, Anna, Christy, Kristian, and the whole Refinery29 crew. You guys are really somethin else. XO.

24 comments:

  1. Yay! So pumped for you. You're going places for sure :) Susie Cakes and catching up and thrifting sometime soon please! With Beatrice. Just give me notice to take time off work and I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley that is amazing! Loved this inside look. Such a stylish office! The office and the women. :) Glad you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks like such fun ... what an great experience it must have been.

    Kelly @
    Elegantly Academic

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and cool office! Definitely looks like a good place to stay and work.
    This sounds like a great opportunity!

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun working there, your one lucky girl :) I love that red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you. you fit right in! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like it'll be super fun to work within those creative environment. Thanks for the post. xoxo

    http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you had a good time! It must have been such a great experience! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was SO fun getting to peek into the office!!! congrats/ thats so amazing that you had that experience!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are so close to my office! but theirs is so cozy and pretty inside. what a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on such an amazing opportunity, Ashley!! You deserve it, and look amazingly beautiful!! These pics are great, I love the wooden R29! And inspiration is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah! I absolutely adore Connie! She went to UC Berkeley, so she's my idol in so many ways. SO jealous you get to meet her

    xo Sherrie
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, quite an office to work in :) Looks like you had a great group of people to work with!

    Minestrone Soup For the Teenage Soul

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kind of random, but what are your favorite styles for guys to wear during the scorching hot summer months??

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing opportunity! And looks like fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's amazing! It looked like such a great experience!! :)

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Their offices are so cute! I'm in love with that typewriter. And all your captions, haha. But seriously, it seemed like such an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The offices look adorable- and it looks like you had so much fun, what a rad time!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's Incredible! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the peek in, looks like you had a great time. I love you vintage style lady, I read your R29 post...well done, not overly giddy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It must be a great adventure. And great experience too. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks and sounds like an incredible experience (which you richly deserved, I might add) and I really enjoyed checking out the photographs. Now, if you could just pop back there, grab the vintage type writer and send it to moi, that'd be dandy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha, I'm cracking up at how many variations (all spelled differently) of "Christine" are working at that office!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(