9.25.2011

Thrift Files

So as you might have guessed from reading this blog, I go thrifting. A lot.  On my thrift runs I usually find a lot of  cool stuff  but I don't often take these things home with me (much to my dismay...but If I did take home everything that I thought looked cool at the store then I'd probably be on the next episode of Hoarders, to be honest..). To remedy the situation I'm going to take a photo of all the neat stuff that I come across and post it up right here. So with that being said, here are a few things from the the thrift stores (and a flea market here and there) that have caught my eye...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

THE coolest little stuffed chair! This was only $20 and I was so tempted to buy it (that print! those colors!) but it's made for a child. Literally. It is a mini chair and I just thought it would be too much of a novelty piece to keep.

Photobucket

A light up globe. Kind of hating myself for not getting this but I was iffy on the darker color. Maybe I'll come across another one? Probably not though :*(

Photobucket

I could picture someone storing all of their little trinkets and jewelry in this box

Photobucket

Another almost buy. I wasn't into the frame or the paper captions inside, though.

Photobucket

A pretty cute roadrunner mug.

Photobucket

I'm a sucker for that 1970s font.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Another cute container

Photobucket

Jadeite! So pretty.

Photobucket

Pretty pink glass. Maybe to drink some champagne out of?

Photobucket

I liked the design on these little saucer plates.

Photobucket

So vibrant.

Photobucket

Land lines are pretty much a thing of the past but I would love to have a rotary phone in a cool color to call people on.

Photobucket

I always thought that trays like this would be nice to corral pretty perfume bottles in.

21 comments:

  1. I've been trying to thrift a mirrored tray for AGES. Also thought it would be incredibly cute with perfume bottles and candles, especially after seeing an image of something similar on into the gloss.

    Tash
    (milkandmead.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have that light up globe at my parent's house. I remember learning all the countries and their locations with my mom using that light-up globe!! Such good memories. It may or may not have been thrown out during a vigorous spring cleaning last year :(

    And I hate going to thrift stores and seeing such cute furniture that I can't possibly use or fit into my apartment! It's quite depressing

    xo Sherrie
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  3. the mint salt and pepper shakers are so cute!!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love all that stuff!! I know what you mean, there is so much fun stuff out there that you have to be careful haha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same story with me. I want to buy so much more than I actually purchase because like you said, I would be a hoarder then. I have never been to an Orange County thrift store (is La Mirada in the Orange County?), I must go to one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that mirrored tray! And I'm a sucker for anything colored glass - I'm a hoarder in that regard :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool items! love the pink rotary phone!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, such really lovely things! My parents had a rotary phone like that when I was growing up. I love the sound it made when you dialed. Plus all the pretty colored glass catches my eye at thrift stores too. But my favorite thing has to be that dark globe light. WOW!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loooove thrifting, that's pretty much all i do! i love all the cute little treasures you can find...i totally love that chair too, too bad it was a mini! :P

    Blog | Twitter | Shop

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a fun post! Every time I go thrifting or to a flea market and talk myself out of buying something I will at least take pictures of it to remind myself of my will power or else to regret later haha. I hope you'll find a nice light-up globe soon :). I have that rotary phone at home in turquoise... I love how it rings! and lastly that uranium glass (which glows green under a blacklight!) is sooo amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was in a search for a vintage telephone. That pale pink one is so yummy! xoxo

    http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jadeite *drool* such an awesome colour. :)
    Rotary phones are such fun, I got my Aunt's old one on my bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool finds! I love that last tray so much, perfect for a vanity :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That chair is so cute! I'm not sure I could have resisted the globe, I bet it would be gorgeous lit up (sorry I don't need to encourage you to become a hoarder).

    Sometimes I find it hard to leave stuff behind too. My current obsession is 1960s studio pottery and I went to a car boot on Saturday and could resist buying both the pieces I liked. Must have more self control!

    http://baileyblush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI!
    I must tell you that Andalusia had no such impression on me as the Cote d'Azur and Italy. But it was worth it to visit the region.
    The food was great! Seafood is very cheap there, so I ate them almost every day. :) I do not like too much alcohol but I fell in love with sangria. :)

    I liked the cat, who is pictured with Jadeite jars. It's a little cheesy but hymmm ... sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh that 1950s pastel pink phone is SO mine (if I ever have a landline # again). Second hand shopping is coming in VERY slowly here in China. Things weren't plenty for a long time in this country, so people didn't have an excess of stuff accumulating. And the younger generation isn't too excited about buying old things yet. But Beijing's definitely caught onto thrifting, and I've picked up a few cool vintage Chinese dresses here.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I lived in a thrift-ing area. Oh the adventures. I especially love the (probably glow in the dark) pieces! x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. thrift finds are my favourite!
    p.s. your blog is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your finds! I do the same thing too, I take "to be remembered" pictures of all the things I can't take with me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. we should just start a blog called 'thrift regrets'. all about the things we never got.
    i would've gotten that light up globe. i've only seen one, and i bought it, and it doesn't even rotate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I actually used to have a mirror/tray and I did exactly that. It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(