10.27.2011

GIRL CRUSH! Pattie Boyd

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Recently, an HBO documentary called George Harrison: Living In The Material World, which is directed by Martin Scorsese, has been on TV. This is great not only because A. George is my favorite Beatle, B. it had plenty of old photos and archival footage of Pattie Boyd, one of my favorite 1960s "It" Girls!

Doesn't she have such a sweet face? She was a model for a bit and she often got turned down because of her "bunny teeth" which is crazy.  Anyway, I think most people know that whole bit about how that Eric Clapton song, "Layla" is about her. I guess Eric and George were best pals and then Eric started falling for Pattie.  What's sort of insane is that George was kind of okay with it and he says in the documentary something along the lines of if she had to be with someone else is might as well be Eric.

Anyway, just wanted to share some photos of her. Methinks I'll make this a feature and start profiling more cool ladies down the road :)

15 comments:

  1. GEORGE IS MY FAVOURITE BEATLE, TOO! I also adore Pattie. She is just so danged cute. Bunny teeth? Seriously. I love the photo of her and George where she's wearing the massive hat and he's wearing the floral blazer. SO MUCH LOVE.
    Definitely start profiling more fabulous ladies. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one gorgeous gal. I really need to watch this doc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read some of her memoir, she seems like such a sweetheart. Love her teeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so beautiful! No wonder she inspired one of Clapton's most beautiful songs :)
    I'd love if this becomes a regular feature!
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one gorgeous lady. Love the classic mod black and white photos!

    -Laura xx
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a doll! I enjoyed her book. I can't imagine what it must've been like for her to be a muse to such genius musicians.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agghhh I LOVE HER STYLE SO MUCH. I took a Beatles class in college and would get really distracted by staring at their girlfriends' clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mama loves The Beatels and the 60's for her entire life. :) i'm No wander.she was young then...

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't that documentary just awesome?! i la la loved it!
    she's such gorgeous woman, i agree why would they reject her for such teeth?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. She is fabulous. George was definitely the best Beatle :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to check out this doc. I didn't realize Scorsese directed it. Greay new feature.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the sixties looks in here! Doesn't the model Lindsey Wixson look like Pattie Boyd a little?! Maybe it is just me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is like i wrote this post myself. 1. george is my favorite too!!!! 2. pattie is also my favorite. 3. i watched half of that documentary this weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like her! I read the book... uh, hold on let me go find out what it was called, ha. Miss O'Dell! Haha. Anyway, I read that book & there is quite a bit about Pattie in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love him, and her little face!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(