10.12.2011

think pink!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Outfit Details:
Flamingo pink 1950s knit cardigan from Three Feathers Vintage  
Altered navy blue mini dress: pile sale
Patent leather skinny belt: thrifted
1960s enamel flower pin: flea market
Salvatore Ferragamo bow flats: thrifted


So as you may or may not know, October is breast cancer awareness month and in honor of this I (along with some other amazing blogger ladies at Lucky Style Collective ) am putting on a bit pink to show support. It's a small gesture, granted, but it's these small acts that can pave the way for a huge movement and an increase in funding so that this disease can be stomped out for good!

Anyway, don't forget to give your girls the once over this month (this video should demystify things if you're unsure how to go about it) and if you would like to learn more about how you can help this month you can hop on over to the National Breast Cancer Foundation website.


14 comments:

  1. i LOVE that dress. youre classic!!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have no idea, how jealous i am of your flats! they are so nice, and i wish i found like one of those in my thrift trips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cause, and you look so lovely and ladylike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great. Love the cardigan!

    P.S. I really love how you create wonderful looks from thrifted pieces. Hope to find time to write about you on my blog. :)

    http://angelandaluz.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color match! xoxo

    http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Ferragamo flats look super comfy! Also, I'm loving your short hair. I've been thinking about chopping my hair off..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great, Ashley. I love navy and pink together and I adore your dress and brooch!
    Life is a romantic poem
    My first giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice that you join to such a noble cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, what a delightful cardigan! I love cable knits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're certainly sending out a great message with your cute, pink cardi. this is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so great your supporting breast cancer awareness! love those shoes i've been on the hunt and found the perfect pair was outibid on ebay...boo. Sweet oufit and i thought of the perfect place for a shoot with that black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the best outfits I've ever seen! I don't think you could get any cuter!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(