10.08.2011

Thrift Files

A second edition of thrift files! (see the first here). Here is a roundup of the pretty things that caught my eye at the thrift stores lately...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

A cute jewelry box. A bit beat up but still awesome. I thrifted a robin's egg blue one in better condition a few weeks ago.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

So many pretty designs. I love the look of mismatched china. Can't wait to thrift my own collection of pretty plates and cups.

Photobucket

Another light up globe! What are the chances, eh? This one was a bit too small and modern for my taste. Unless I see "USSR" I ain't bitin.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Lots and lots of sweet illustrations and good lookin books. One of these days I'll get myself a scanner and scan some of my favorite illustrations that are living inside all of the old children's books I have in my possession :)


Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Hehe I take photos of items at the thrift I end up passing up due to condition/price/not being able to get it home. Wonderful illustrations in the books and I started a collection of similar vintage jewelry boxes to hold all my vintage jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the illustrations of that second to last book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love that last photo, so fun! :D
    And those bowls and plates are so cute :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you made great finds!
    I'm jealous hehe

    xoxo

    xochiltyay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, LIGHT UP GLOBE!!! I want one so so badly. I had one from the 60's but I gave it to my ex bf when we were together. *sadface.
    The patterns on old dishware are always so good and detailed. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude I love illustrations in old books. There's a bunch of children's lesson books from 1970s Taiwan in my house that I just can't rip pages out of because I feel like I'd be ruining a family hierloom lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went thrift shopping for the first time in like a year today. I forgot how much fun and therapeutic it is! You've found some amazing things here! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you had some fun!
    i find it quite funny how you won't budge unless the globe says USSR! haha
    and i also love the look of mix-matched china :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister has a jewelry box that is VERY similar to the one in this post, and she found it at a thrift shop. Also, I love the books! Have you been to this blog before: http://shewasabird.blogspot.com/ ? It's full of scans of vintage book pages with some pretty entertaining commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, what lovely things! I've had to stop looking at furniture in charity shops because I see lovely things but don't have a home to put any of it in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too obsessed with children's books haha! But how often do you go thrifting? It seems like such a great life!

    xo Sherrie
    Psst.. have you entered our vintage Coach bag giveaway yet?
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this thrift file edition. i'm also a fan of children's book illustrations, especially vintage one's the illustrations are awesome. oh and the other day you asked what was the best thing you've thrifted lately i found a pretty sweet vintage sweater for 5 bucks and a plaid wool coat for 20 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you think the illustration of the girl cutting the pattern (4th picture down) looks a lot like Thelma from Scooby-Doo?!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(