11.01.2011

come on over, do the twist

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
(sun in my eyes!)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Outfit Details:
Rust silk blouse: Available at Three Feathers Vintage
1970s Levi's cords (altered): pile sale
Suede oxfords: thrifted
Sunglasses: stolen from Grant!
Meadow Sweet necklace in Yellow: C/O 31 Bits



Real quick: I'm glad I could bring the lulz on Halloween with my outfit and I am also doubly glad that a bunch of you guys got what I was. True fact: the  next morning as Grant and I were driving around we saw an Asian woman wearing practically the exact same outfit (all the same basic pieces, even with a plastic bag) walking down the street. Another fun fact: I tried to pawn that visor off on my grandma, an Asian woman, and even she wouldn't take that thing. She DID however, take the cat sweater and the tasteful elastic gingham pants.


In other news, see that pretty necklace I'm wearing? 31 Bits, a local Orange County company, reached out to me to see if I wanted to incorporate a piece of jewelry into my regular outfit spiel and obviously I said yes! The reason?

31 Bits is a company that's using fashion and design in order to empower women to rise above poverty.  Specifically, they are working with displaced Northern Ugandan women and are purchasing jewelry from them each month providing these women with an immediate, consistent, and fair income. Pieces are made from 100% recycled paper and local materials.

What's my point? Well, the holidays are coming up so if you were planning on buying some jewelry for  a few special people on your list, keep 31 Bits in the back of your noggin! They're definitely a great company (and cause!) to support. Buying a piece from them will really be a gift that keeps on giving.

PS: You can read more about their programs and how they help women right  HERE

22 comments:

  1. Those pants are a straight up WIN and I am loving your short hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You effortlessly casual styling lady babe! I love your stance in these photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great ethical company to be supporting. I'm didn't see your Halloween outfit but now I'm super curious I think I might go check it out!
    Kelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit miss, those Levis cords are amazing! I have a soft spot for Vintage Levis, I need to go check out that website and get a necklace for someone special ;)

    xo!

    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that top and necklace!!
    And I love when companies do stuff like this, I featured a sandal company that helps women in Uganda back in the summer :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful necklace! Such a beautiful story behind it too. Giving women a chance to employ themselves is one of the biggest steps toward empowerment.

    Aryn
    Driftwood and Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that orange colour on you lady, and it looks great with the necklace. Good work on supporting the charity. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos-that top looks great on you :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your Halloween outfit! Plus, just ran into this post over at Honestly WTF, coincidently about visors: http://honestlywtf.com/cool-hunting/black-shield/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That necklace is gorgeous! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look, and thanks for spreading the word about 31 Bits! The necklace is beautiful...they sound like an awesome fair trade company.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so elegant in this outfit. You look fantastic in pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 31 bits sounds like such a great company, thank you for sharing it with us! love the color palette you chose :)

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so warm and sunny where you are, as I shiver typing this comment. Did I mention we had SNOW last Saturday, in October no less?? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I love companies like that! Recycled materials AND helping women to rise above poverty? Sounds nice.
    I also like your outfit- so comfy yet stylish!
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeek! You look great. I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet but the combo of silk top and jeans is similar to the most recent outfit I posted on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The necklace works perfectly with your outfit and how amazing that the proceeds help Ugandan women. Will certainly check them out.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(