12.13.2011

pennyroyal tea

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Outfit Details:
Sweater: Etsy
Jeggings: Target
Ancient Converse high tops
Cat eye sunglasses: F21

Once in a while I get asked about what inspires me style-wise and I usually say the general past informs how I dress. While I do enjoy current fashion and flipping through magazines to see what's "new",  I like to find my own style inspiration elsewhere.

I feel like musicians are a constant source of sartorial inspiration, more so than OMGfashion people. While I hate to admit it for fear of sounding lame, Kurt Cobain is probably someone that I would call a personal style icon. The man always dressed so comfy (and I 100% cosign dressing to be comfortable!). I suppose I took a page out of his book with this outfit. I practically live in this sweater now and I don't hate that one bit.

Anyway, enough rambling about that.

The other night I along with Grant, Ed, and Deanna went to go see Dinosaur Jr. It was a pretty great show (Henry Rollins did a Q&A session with the band before they performed) but geez louise I am paying the price for not wearing earplugs. When Henry Rollins said that Dinosaur Jr. was one of the loudest bands ever I started to get nervous. The aftermath? The ringing in my ears has yet to stop. Ahhh! Hopefully by tomorrow they will be better.

17 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love your style. This is so chic with the skinny jeans and the striped sweater with converse. High top converse are so cool. Great post, following you now and I like the part where you talk about what inspires you and your style.

    xoDale
    I'm a stylist with a fashion blog here in San Francisco if you have time to stop by
    www.savvyspice.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit. So 90s & comfty. I'm pretty keen to pull out some skinny jeans & steal my boyfriends jumper, if only it wasn't summer here in Australia :(

    Kelly @ 
    Elegantly Academic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of "grunge" outfits on you (and yes, you can tell you've been inspired by Kurt Cobain!). A comfy sweater, skinny jeans, a pair of high tops...just perfect.
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. why are you so stylish? you make sweater and sneakers look so chic. i love you. im such a fan :D
    Rovie, The Bargain Doll

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that sweater!!! I would wear it every day and sleep in it ;)
    (haha...I feel so out of the loop...never heard of that band XD)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think being inspired by kurt is lame at all! I totally get that casually thrown together look from this outfit. I love the big sweater!
    imsaratee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I really like reading your blog, it does not seem fake and over done. This sweater looks so comfy, you know whats funny I remember a very long time ago when I worked in a skate park here in Montreal and some pro skaters came, I ended up at some party in a hotel near by it and used the bathroom in Ed's and Deana's hotel room. I think this was 1997 but it's so long ago, ok enough rambling, I just remembered that and needed to share,haha.

    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is classic. And ooh with that red lips. Hahahaha. You're definitely up on my Fashion Inspiration list! I just love it Ashley. Keep it up! :)

    http://angelandaluz.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love being inspired by artists of all kind. love the knit sweater, i totally see the Kurt Cobain influence

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sweater is amazing! I love red-black striped things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your jumper!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that tinnitus can be a bitch, i hope it goes away fast. i get it intermittently and its so annoying. anyway, you look cute and comfy and kurt cobain is always a good thing in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree! I typically look to 80's It-Girls for inspiration. Most things that are "new" are old. anyways. Know what I mean?
    I adore your hair like this and your jumper is fab! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Down with OMGfashion people.

    I can't say musicians are heavy on my inspirational rotation, but comfort is 100% there!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(