12.29.2011

RNDM PHOTOS: DECEMBER

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I should have gotten one of those little tin wind up toys! I swear, the Irvine Antique Market never disappoints. Word to the wise: the market moved locations. Instead of being at IVC it's now located at the Great Park. Open every first Sunday of the month.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Lola scrubbing banana leaves to make banana leaf wrapped Filipino treats

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Way better than Taco Bell. Deluxe chili cheese fries are my kryptonite.
Photobucket

An unskateable ramp at rvca + a very cold evening
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Pierced Arrows
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket The night that permanently destroyed my hearing. Just kidding (but really...). Dinosaur Jr. playing Bug  and a Henry Rollins hosted Q&A session. So good but SO.LOUD. Never again without earplugs.Photobucket

After the concert we got to go backstage (shout out to the Templetons for hooking it up) and..things got kind of awkward? Funny in a way, nonetheless, so I don't even care. Not pictured: Henry Rollins surfing the 'net in the hallway.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Every year some of my best gal pals from high school get together to throw a holiday dinner. Our unifying thread?We were all theater geeks and/or chorus nerds. The truth comes out! Anyway, we ate dinner, looked at some lights, and scooted on down to a bar that had karaoke. Singing Train's seminal hit, "Drops of Jupiter" was, I think, the perfect way to end our evening together.

In case I don't post again, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!! Grant and I are going up to the mountains with some friends to soak in the hot springs (like we do every year) and play with animals. Maybe we'll even go crystal hunting? Who knows.

See you in 2012, stay safe! :)

18 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a very fun and festive December! Sadly I never made it out to the Irvine market when I lived in LA, it looks like it's stuffed with treasures. Yay for Filipino treats too, my mom & I roll hundreds of lumpia for Christmas each year. Please go crystal hunting and take photos, it sounds like the best way to spend NYE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captured memories are truly the best, right? & that's sweet that you and you're closest high school mates are still mates! I'm glad I'm blessed with amazing friends too.

    Cheers to the New Year!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd that we live in such different part of the country but we're doing pretty much the same thing. Crystals and hot springs are kinda the main attractions here in Hot Springs...lol, and tomorrow we're going to a crystal farm! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha . . . sounds like a holiday party I would throw! love it :) happy holidays <3
    Oh, and that giant octopus is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me you got that "Don't Monkey with Me" pin. It's so good. The next time someone's giving you a hard time, just point to the pin and give them a steely gaze.

    Yes, they are very loud, but good to hear that they're still going strong.

    That house is awesome. Happy New Year, Ashley!
    xo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe love these! That monkey pin is so funny!
    And that house with all the lights is AWESOMEEEEEE :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your turquoise nails and the jingle bells, I found some too this year my cat loves em, Happy New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Yers Eve in Dublin - that is my plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'M FILIPINO TOO, my lola is seriously in the kitchen cooking right now. It's probably weird I'm freaking out.. but there aren't too many Filipinos where I'm from so this is awesome:p

    imsaratee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. is that Candy Cane Lane that you ventured off to see the lights? I love the leather bound diary you spotted at the flea market and so cool that you got to go backstage. hope you have a fantastic new years!


    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. so many lights!
    i'm glad to hear you had a happy holiday <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eee, those candy cane cookies look so GOOD - and the lights are incredible! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! I love love these photos, looks like such a great holiday season. Have fun in the hot springs (And crystal hunting!? What is that!???)

    ReplyDelete
  14. del taco's chili cheese fries (not deluxe because i hate onions) with sour cream and extra chili! that's my fave :) also, banana leaves! yay! happy new year, girl. maybe we can actually hang out soon? before my wedding in march?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Smashley! See you in 2012... and enjoy those hot springs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh, I am so incredibly excited about the new year! <3 I hope yours is truly wonderful!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. great photos, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(